2004 and 2005 Football Schedules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2004 and 2005 Football Schedules

It would be GREAT to play Southern talk about another fantastic I-AA opponent! Tradition rich and on TV every year with Grambling in the Bayou Classic. Hope it is a home and home. Love to see the Jaguars in Brookings! 8)

http://www.subr.edu/athletics/footballsched.html

Go State! ;D

Comment

I do hope this deal does come through. Among the historical black colleges, except for Florida A & M and Grambling, Southern has quite a tradition in winning.  I watched the Bayou classic last year and wonder if we could even stay on the same field with these guys be they Southern or Grambling.  Southern loves to pass and so does Grambling.

Lets hope we connect on the schedule and that we give them a run for the money.  If this does happen, and its a road game that not going to be good to have a 4 game home stand, but there is always next year.  Our guys are either going to go forward or go backwards, I think we will go forward. Next year we will either have broken spirits or one heck of a football team.

It could be a beginning of a new era of football at SDSU.

Comment

Here is a link to the SWAC site:

http://www.swacpage.com/vbulletin/sh...ad.php?t=39934

Go State! ;D

Comment

If it is a home/home series it would sure be nice to get the 2004 game in Brookings. We don't really need another home game next year, but could sure use another DIAA home game this year. The players better be ready to strap it on as they are going to be playing against an elevated level of competition. I hope some of the South Dakota kids are watching these schedules that are taking shape in all sports. How could you not want to compete against the likes of Southern in Football and San Diego State in Basketball vs "South Dakotas Team's" schedule Upper Iowa and Wayne State!

Comment

Researching Southern, they appear to be very good football team with a very large fan base.

Hopefully 1-AA power McNesse State will soften them up for us.

I would love to travel to Louisiana for this game. Baton Rouge is only 60 miles from New Orleans. (Bourbon Street)

Comment

hello

a little info on southern football last year.

record: 12-1
              National black college champs
              swac western division champs
              swac conference champs
              ranked 14th in the final I-AA polls
              average over 40 points per game
              the last 11 years had winning seasons

stadium name: A. W Mumford stadium (24,000)

Comment

THats impressive Lil Jaq Welcome aboard. I have a close friend who is a Southern Grad so I know a little about your program. That sounds like a nice facility and is it a Dome?

Comment

no it is not a dome.

they will be adding more seat to the stadium starting maybe next year. When it is done it should fit around 28,000 or 29,000 fans.

A lot of work has been to the stadium lately. A new scoreboard with state of the art video replay screen. A new 2 story pressbox with private elevators and luxury boxes .

A new playing surface too. i just hear that the deal is complete. hope to see u soon in Baton Rouge.

Comment

Originally posted by LIL_JAG
                    hello    

a little info  on southern football last year.

record: 12-1
                    National black college  champs
                    swac western division champs
                    swac conference  champs
                    ranked  14th  in  the final  I-AA  polls
                    average over 40 points per game
                    the last 11 years had  winning seasons

stadium  name: A. W Mumford stadium  (24,000)
                    LIL_JAG,

Welcome and thanks for the info!  The Southern game could very well be the toughest game on our schedule (and that is saying a lot with our schedule, Georgia Southern, Montana St. and the Great West Conf.)!  Should be fun.  Do you have any pics of A. W Mumford Stadium?  Just wondering what it looks like, can't seem to find any images on the net.

Go State!  ;D

Comment

• Re: 2004 and 2005 Football Schedules

is this a done deal?  It seems to have been speculation this morning and now we have Southern fans asking us about the trip?  Any official word yet or are we getting the cart in front of the horse?    ;D
                      "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

A poster on the SWAC board said it is signed. Don't know how good a source this is. Our best bet is to wait for an offical announcement.

http://www.swacpage.com/vbulletin/sh...ad.php?t=39934

Go State! ;D

Comment

• SU/SDSU Massey 2003

Massey Ratings 2003 (699 NCAA squads):
                          148. Southern Univ
                          150. S Dakota St
                          http://www.masseyratings.com/rate/cf-m.htm

Comment

Here's a link to pictures of the Southern Jaguars Homecoming 2003

http://www.ofoto.com/PhotoView.jsp?c...=1087527395998

Comment

Originally posted by sharpysu
                              Here's a link to pictures of the Southern Jaguars Homecoming 2003    

http://www.ofoto.com/PhotoView.jsp?c...=1087527395998
                              sharpysu,

Welcome to the board. Glad to have you here. Do you have a different link, this one is not working. I would love to see some pictures of SU's homecoming, I'll bet it is a great time.

Go State!

Comment

Send me your e-mail and I'll send you an invite. My e-mail is sharpy@bellsouth.net

Comment

Working...
                                X