2004 and 2005 Football Schedules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2004 and 2005 Football Schedules

3 trips to California.  Anyone know if these are garunteed home and home series?  If so 2005 looks fantastic with Davis, Montana St., Georgia Southern, UNC and St. Marys (as well as others) all playing in Brookings.  I hope we can upgrade Coughlin a bit before 2005.  In retrospect, the away schedule may be a good thing (necessary I know) for several reasons.

The 10/16 date remain open for opening pheasant, correct?  I thought I read that in an earlier post. I'll mark my calender and plan ahead. Any clues with regard to game times?
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit
      From the Argus:

SDSU decided to leave Oct. 16 open. That is the first day of pheasant season in South Dakota, typically one of the least-attended games when one is scheduled that day at Coughlin-Alumni.
      Go State! Go State!

Comment

I wonder who SDSU is going to get for our Hobo Day Game. Hopefully we can get a 1AA opponent. Its still pretty late in the year 10/23. I was hoping it would be earlier so its not as frosty at Coughlin Alumni. I hope we don't have to resort to another NCC or NSIC school for that date.

Comment

I agree that Hobo Day should be against a team that has the D-IAA feel to it. It would be silly to pass up that opportunity, with so many people on campus for the day.

Comment

I don't know about the rest of you but I'm elated over the 2004 Football Schedule. We all knew 04 would be a
            struggle in terms of home games but I like the fact that we went out and accepted some tough games with the opportunity to have those teams come to Brookings in 05. I agree the Hobo Day Game has to something special with a taste of whats to come. I hope they can bring in a DIAA team that people would recognize. The 2005 schedule will be fantastic. The away game at Northern Iowa will be a great road trip. I forsee Northern Iowa will become a regional rival in most sports! Can't wait to see how the Basketball schedule is shaping up as I think it will be even more difficult to schedule without a conference.

Comment

All I can say is that I am excited and so ready to get going on the football season...... I believe we will suprise alot of people
              http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Comment

Could the 10/23 Hobo Day game be against Southern Utah which would round out our first year in the Great Western Conference?

Comment

Our 2005 Home schedule will be a thing of beauty! At a minimum it will be Cal Davis, St Mary's, Georgia Southern, San louis obispo, UNC. I would love to see Augie in Sioux Falls or USD in Brookings or Sioux Falls to round out the home or neutral schedule.

Comment

89rabbit,

Where do you get all of your info? You have the lengthiest posts but they are quite informative!

Comment

Originally posted by bunny
                      89rabbit,

Where do you get all of your info?  You have the lengthiest posts but they are quite informative!
                      From all over. I majored in Poli Sci and History, does it show?

Go State!

Comment

Originally posted by bunny
                        89rabbit,

Where do you get all of your info?  You have the lengthiest posts but they are quite informative!
                        I think bunny might be "yanking your chain" here 89.
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I am a  little suspicous of the handle "Bunnies" since most of the Yote fans like to make that reference about SDSU mascot the Jackrabbit. I guess a guy can pick any handle he wants, but lets see what he has to say.

I am not going to start another war, my experience with Buster has been more than I need. ;D ;D

Comment

SDSUFAN,

Bunny is a woman.  

Comment

Bunny:

My sincere apologies I did not see the gender symbol.
                              Boy we tend to think this message board is some kind smoke filled room full of guys.  I am so sorry.  Welcome aboard and enjoy. We do need the ladies to keep us in line. Again my apologies, but we do get the USD and Augie fans that like to call us bunnies.

Comment

Going back to the schedule, this is what www.greatwestfootball.com has for us

2004 South Dakota State Football Schedule

Date Opponent Time
                                Sept. 4 at UC Davis* 6 p.m. (PT)
                                Sept. 11 WINONA STATE 7 p.m.
                                Sept. 18 WESTERN OREGON 7 p.m.
                                Sept. 25 at Montana State (tentative) TBA
                                Oct. 2 at Saint Mary's* 1 p.m. (PT)
                                Oct. 9 NORTH DAKOTA STATE* TBA
                                Oct. 23 TBA TBA
                                Oct. 30 at Georgia Southern^ TBA
                                Nov. 6 AUGUSTANA 1 p.m.
                                Nov. 13 at Cal Poly* 6 p.m. (PT)
                                Nov. 20 at Northern Colorado* Noon (MT)
                                * - indicates Great West Football Game
                                ^ - indicates designated Great West Football Game

Looks like the Georgia Southern game will be are sixth conference game. I thought that the Montana State game was a done deal, I don't know why it says tentative, I could be wrong. (I wish the tabs would work)
                                Go State! Go State!

Comment

Working...
                                X