2005 Football schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2005 Football schedule

what you think cause it's cold the teams going to be slow. get real. if anything those leadfooted jacks will look as if they a moving in slow motion ;D

Comment

Please refer to the smack board. :-X

Comment

Originally posted by JackTwice
        I think they need to reschedule the Ga. Southern game to 7pm.  We need it as cold as possible.
        I'll be hoping for snow in Brookings on that day. ;D

Comment

Freeway you seem to have some animosity towards the Jacks, is there any specific reason for it. You don't have, or didn't have connections to the program in some way did you?
          "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Does anybody know if we are going to fill the open date on Oct 15th ? Or do they not allow 12 games, I thought I seen they allowed a 12th game or was that just talk.

[hr]
            January 27, 2005

South Dakota State 2005 Schedule Announced
            http://www.i-aa.org/article.asp?articleid=65648
            South Dakota State University Sports Information, Ronald Lenz

Seven Home Games, Play In Sioux Falls

BROOKINGS, SD - After making seven road trips last fall, the South Dakota State University football team will spent most of the 2005 season at home.

One of SDSU’s eight home games will be played in Sioux Falls. The Jacks will face UC Davis at Howard Wood Field in a Great West Football Conference game on October 8. Kickoff will be at 1 p.m.

SDSU finished its first season in IAA football with a 6-5 record, winning all four of its home games plus road victories at Southern (Louisiana) and Northern Colorado. The Jacks played four of their five GWFC on the road, but next fall they will have just one conference road game, North Dakota State in Fargo on November 12.

In addition to the four GWFC opponents, the home schedule will also feature I-AA power Georgia Southern on Oct. 29. The Jacks will open the season on September 3 against Wisconsin-LaCrosse. The Hobo Day game will be Oct. 22 against Missouri-Rolla. The first three games at Coughlin-Alumni Stadium will be night games.

2005 Schedule
            September

3 Wisconsin-LaCrosse, 7 p.m.
            10 Valparaiso, 7 p.m.
            17 at Montana, Missoula, MT, 1:05 p.m.
            24 Cal Poly, 7 p.m.
            October
            1 at Texas State, San Marcos, TBA
            8 UC Davis at Sioux Falls, 1 p.m.
            15 open date
            22 Missouri Rolla, Hobo Day, 2 p.m.
            29 Georgia Southern, 1 p.m.
            November
            5 Southern Utah, 1 p.m.
            12 at North Dakota State, Fargo, TBA
            19 Northern Colorado, 1 p.m.

Comment

The 12th game is just talk within the NCAA at this point. I hope some fans make the trip to the Texas St. game. San Marcos is a really nice area. I'll be there tailgating!!
              89 Rabbit-mark Oct 1 in your day planner!!

Comment

Sorry Tex,

I won't be able to make it. I will be on my way to St. Maarten, I will call you from the island to get a score. I had to book the trip last fall before all the dates were set.

Go State! ;D

Comment

If I'm still at OU in the fall, I'll be there with my wife and our associate dean who used to teach at Texas State.

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit
                    Sorry Tex,

I won't be able to make it.  I will be on my way to St. Maarten, I will call you from the island to get a score.  I had to book the trip last fall before all the dates were set.

Go State!  ;D
                    Sorry, 89.   But, Hawaii is better than St. Maarten.  

BTW, your schedule looks good.   Better than UW's.  The conference schedule won't be released until late February (pobably).  But, we do know this:

Home:
                    Louisiana-Monroe Indians (OOC; Sept. 10)
                    Brigham Young Cougars
                    New Mexico Lobos
                    Nevada-Las Vegas Rebels
                    Texas Christian Horned Frogs (will join the MWC on July 1 of this year)

Away:
                    at Florida Gators (on Sept. 3)
                    at Mississippi Rebels (on Sept. 24)
                    at Air Force Falcons
                    at Colorado State Rams
                    at San Diego State Aztecs
                    at Utah Utes

As for someone asking about the 12 game thing: if the NCAA approves it (which they will), 12 game seasons will start in 2006.  Don't know if that rule will include the I-AA, Div. II, or Div. III or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas_Jacks_Fan
                      The 12th game is just talk within the NCAA at this point.  I hope some fans make the trip to the Texas St. game. San Marcos is a really nice area. I'll be there tailgating!!
                      89 Rabbit-mark Oct 1 in your day planner!!
                      2008 will be the next year DI can have 12 regular season games under the current rules:

From the NCAA DI Manual :
                      17.11.5.1 Maximum Limitations—Institutional. [I-A/I-AA] In Divisions I-A and I-AA, a member institution
                      shall limit its total regular-season playing schedule with outside competition in the sport of
                      football during the permissible football playing season in any one year to 11 contests (games or scrimmages),
                      except as provided for member institutions located in Alaska and Hawaii, under Bylaw
                      17.30.2, and except as provided for all members under Bylaw 17.11.5.2. Twelve football contests shall
                      be permissible during those years in which there are 14 Saturdays from the first permissible playing
                      date through the last playing date in November (2002, 2003, 2008, 2013, 2014 and 2019).
                      (Revised:
                      1/12/99 effective 8/1/02, 8/5/99 effective 8/1/02

Comment

Originally posted by bisonguy

2008 will be the next year DI can have 12 regular season games under the current rules:

From the NCAA DI Manual :
                        So, the current rule doesn't apply to Division II nor Division III. I was wondering that. Thanks.

There's talking of making the rule permanent starting in 2006.

Comment

when the heck is your athletic department going to step up and schedule a d 1-a school? UNC from what I have heard will once again play Florida Atlantic next season. This will be the 2nd season we have played a 1a team. Also from what I have heard we will have the same tough schedule as last season, just reverse the home and away games.

Comment

Easy there big fella!  This will be only our second year in the big league.  I am sure it is in the plans.

Comment

What a minute, was it not someone from the Bears saying we shouldn't do what UNC did  and ease into the DI schedule.

Plus playing two top 5 AA clubs along with Poly, Davis and NDSU I think we have a nice schedule. We also had Nothern Iowa but they got a game with a bigger school.

Plus playing Florida Atlantic is good (great) but it is not like your scheduled to play USC or Oklahoma. It all comes out, just takes time. I myself can't wait to play the likes of Minnesota or Nebraska.

Comment

I know what you're saying Kid Dakota, I was half kidding with you. UNC has had a "baptism by fire" going into Division 1. Considering both our football and basketball programs. I don't know if you had a chance to look at our mens hoops schedule but it is literally the 20th most difficult schedule in the entire nation. It sucks for fans, but the university gets lots of money to travel to the bigger schools and the players always love playing against the top competition. As for football, yes Florida Atlantic is not a CU or Nebraska, but they're a good d 1a team and we actually played very well against them two years straight. Once we hopefully get into the Big Sky and get our scholarships up, we should see Colorado State on the schedule. That would be awesome! I can't stand the Rams. Bear Down!

Comment

Working...
                                X