Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2005 Football schedule

Originally posted by uncbearsfan
    I know what you're saying Kid Dakota, I was half kidding with you.  UNC has had a "baptism by fire" going into Division 1.  Considering both our football and basketball programs.  I don't know if you had a chance to look at our mens hoops schedule but it is literally the 20th most difficult schedule in the entire nation.  It sucks for fans, but the university gets lots of money to travel to the bigger schools and the players always love playing against the top competition.  As for football, yes Florida Atlantic is not a CU or Nebraska, but they're a good d 1a team and we actually played very well against them two years straight.  Once we hopefully get into the Big Sky and get our scholarships up, we should see Colorado State on the schedule.  That would be awesome!  I can't stand the Rams.   Bear Down!
    Hope you guys do play the nitwits from Fort Fudd. I do hope your Bears beat the Lambs.

BTW, I would like to see UNC on a future Wyoming football schedule. Our last game between the Bears and the Pokes set the record for the most points by one school in a football game:

1949: WYOMING COWBOYS 103, Northern Colorado Bears 0.

Comment

Must be a team record, there's been higher scores than that. I can't find the list of the record scoring games offhand. Most of the 100+ scores are from a long time ago, no one seems to want to score the 100th point anymore, it's bad taste...

Comment

I would also love to see the cowboys play the bears OkC_Poke. Much more then the rams. Gosh darn Joe Glenn keeps taking away our good coaches. Oh well, don't hold your breath on Joe staying at Wyoming too long. I think he will jump ship once the Colorado job is open. Joe is a heck of a coach when it comes to motivation but doesn't know much about X's and O's. I wish he was still here in Greeley.

Comment

Joe Glenn may not have had the most sophisticated offense or defense, but he was a great X and O's guy from this opponents standpoint. He had his team running the basics to perfection. That's something a lot of coaches can't seem to grasp. UNC, under Joe Glenn, ran an inside trap to perfection. They also ran a passing attack that was basically 3 plays, but with multiple variations on those 3 plays. He used the back running routes out of the backfield playing off the TE's route as well as anyone did. It sounded simple, but was a LB's nightmare.
          "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Working...
          X