• Show
Clear All

• Re: 2005 Recruits

More news from Nebraska:

http://www.enterprisepub.com/main.as...ArticleID=8595

Monke enjoys Shrine Bowl experience

Jack Denker
    Sports Editor

LINCOLN–His workload may have been lighter than he’s used to, but the thrill of victory following the North’s 18-13 win over the South, in last Saturday’s 47th annual Nebraska Shrine Bowl, was just as refreshing for Arlington’s Adam Monke.

“All athletes always have a competitive edge to want to win every game,” said Monke, who played left halfback in the North’s Wing T offense. “This game was no different. It was cool to help our team win. It felt great. It was better than being on the losing side.”

Last fall, Monke was used to carrying the football over 20 times per game for the 9-2 Eagles. He said he wasn’t surprised he only carried the ball five times for 14 yards during Saturday’s Shrine game.

“I expected it,” Monke said. “It’s an all-star game, so I knew going into the game that the running backs would share playing time and the carries. It all worked out though.”  .  .  .

“It was a great experience,” Monke said of playing in the all-star football game. “It was an honor to play with so many great players from Nebraska.”

The Shrine Bowl game was not the only memorable experience for Monke during the week.

The three hours that Monke, and his North teammates spent with children at the Shriner’s Hospital in Chicago last Tuesday, is something he said he will never forget.

“The Shrine Hospital was amazing,” Monke said. “It was a humbling experience to see what those kids have to go through and how much heart they have. It was a very special day.”

The 5-foot-9, 190-pound Monke, who will play football in the fall at South Dakota State University, said he will report to fall camp on August 7.

Go State!  ;D

Comment

His build reminds me of Josh Ranek. Maybe he can carry the ball like him.

Comment

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/ind...section=Sports

From the article-

"...Two incoming freshmen offensive linemen - 6-foot-5, 305-pound Josh Lee from Park River, N.D., and 6-7, 285-pound Ryan Schuttloffel from Sioux Falls, S.D. - did not meet NCAA Division I academic entrance requirements and will have to sit out this season..."

It looks as if Mr. Shuttloffel from Sioux Falls won't be suiting up with the Bison anytime this year.  I wonder if we have any recruits in these situations, if you check out the article it seems as if NDSU has their fair share.  
        "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Working...
        X