2005 Recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2005 Recruits

Great news!!! Let's hope this is just one of the many future jackrabbit signings!

Comment

Originally posted by SDSU16
      Hey we have a new Jack!!  I just talked with Jordan Paula's dad and he said Jordan verbally committed to SDSU on Saturday.

The coaches figure they can put 20 pounds on him and lower his 40 time.  Again we're talking about a kid that is 6'3 or 6'4 and 215 lbs with 4.5 speed.  Add 20 pounds and increase his speed.  Great Get For SDSU!!!!!

They plan to redshirt Jordan and use him at running back.

More then anything else Jordan is a great kid and an excellent student from Brookings.

Jordan really liked the coaches and Stig.

PS  Iowa and others were also after Jordan.

GO JACKS  
      A 6' 3" or 6'4" RB? I have a hard time seeing him staying at RB, especially when 6'1" is typically seen as being too tall. ???

Comment

Some recruiting tidbits that I was able to find.
        Jacks have offered to Chris Brunkhorst 6'4 280lbs Guard from Rochester Loudres. He is taking on campus visits to NDSU, UND and home visit from UNI. Also may be some late interest from U of Minnesota if they don't secure some of the instate blue chip lineman they have targeted. SDSU appears to be the current frontrunner.

Aaron Romano 5'11 202 Council Bluffs St. Albert fullback/linebacker 4.68 40. Same school as Brock Gentile who played this year as a freshman. May walk on at Iowa. Jacks expected to offer a scholarship.

James Ruffin-fullback from Burnsville,MN. Has offer DIA Ball State. SDSU and NDSU also interested.

Comment

Here is more news:

http://www.showingblitz.com/?session...QqP6OKvBQn4Q9l

Brown (1)
          QB/S Matt Nuzzo - 6-0/200/4.70 - Everett, MA (Everett)
          --- Rated two stars by Rivals.com
          --- Rated one star by Scout.com

Coastal Carolina (1)
          FB Melvin Singleton - 5-9/235/- - Conway, SC (Independence CC [KS])

Delaware (2)
          TE Josh Baker - 6-3/220/4.69 - Chesapeake, VA (Western Branch)
          --- Also offered by Furman, James Madison, Richmond and William & Mary
          OL Matt Hesseltine - 6-6/345/5.30 - Smyrna, DE (Smyrna)
          --- Also offered by Duke, Michigan State, Rutgers, Temple and West Virginia

Eastern Illinois (2)
          WR Adam Kesler - 5-11/180/- - Mahomet, IL (Mahomet-Seymour)
          LB/RB Anthony Morrison - 6-0/220/4.50 - Romeoville, IL (Bolingbrook)
          --- Rated two stars by Scout.com

Eastern Kentucky (2)
          LB/TE Chris Hall - 6-4/220/4.65 - Waynesville, NC (Tuscola)
          PK/P Taylor Long - Hopkinsville, KY (Christian County)

Eastern Washington (1)
          RB/LB Robert Pearson - 5-10/190/4.55 - Sumner, WA (Sumner)

Elon (1)
          QB Bo Williamson - Burlington, SC (Burlington-Cummings)

Furman (2)
          QB Jordan Sorrells - 6-2/215/4.85 - Greenville, SC (Greenville)
          --- Also offered by Akron and Kentucky
          WR Keiron Williams - 6-0/175/4.45 - Taylors, SC (Eastside)

Jacksonville State (1)
          QB Shea Allen - 6-0/190/- - Mt. Airy, GA (Habersham Central)

Liberty (1)
          RB/LB Ryan Greiser - 6-1/215/4.55 - Sellersville, PA (Pennridge)
          --- Also offered by Syracuse

Montana (3)
          LB Shawn Lebsock - 6-0/215/4.6 - Billings, MT (Skyview)
          --- Also offered by Wyoming
          LB/S Jace Palmer - 6-3/200/- - Missoula, MT (Big Sky)
          WR Tyler Palmer - 6-3/200/- - Missoula, MT (Big Sky)

North Dakota State (3)
          OL Gerry Ebel - 6-7/315/- - Yankton, SD (Yankton)
          FB/LB Bryan Reimers - 6-3/235/- - Springfield, MN (Springfield)
          OL/DT Ryan Schuttloffel - 6-7/293/- - Sioux Falls, SD (Roosevelt)

Pennsylvania (2)
          TE Chris Chatterton - 6-3/225/4.83 - Tampa, FL (Jesuit)
          QB James Hannah - 6-5/210/- - Philadelphia, PA (Penn Charter)

South Dakota State (1)
          RB Jordan Paula - 6-2/215/4.50 - Brookings, SD (Brookings)

Texas State (2)
          WR Robert Boone - 5-9/185/4.70 - Allen, TX (Allen)
          S Laurn Randell - 6-2/180/4.40 - Austin, TX (McCallum)

Towson (1)
          FB Matt Castor - 5-9/193/4.50 - Frederick, MD (Linganore)

Yale (2)
          DE Kyle Hawari - 6-5/245/4.80 - Plano, TX (West)
          --- Also offered by Colorado
          RB Isaac Odim - 6-1/185/- - Rochester, MN (Century SR)

Go State!  ;D

Comment

Notice in the Argus today regarding Jordan Paula's verbal committment to SDSU's.

Comment

Jacks interested in:
              Chuck Kinney Council Bluffs Abraham Lincoln 6'4 250 UNI,Iowa State and Iowa also have shown interest.

Chris Joppru-6'6 220 Tight end played in the championship game of 5A game in Minnesota. Brother in the NFL. Indicates NDSU,UNI and SDSU all interested but he is only going to look at UNI and NDSU.

Comment

I wonder if the folks in Brookings have been looking at this Birkel kid from Nebraska. He's one of a number of unhappy Cornhuskers who are leaving the program. Birkel states in the article that he is interested in playing I-AA or DII so he doesn't have to sit a year.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html

Comment

Nice post Crashola and good question!

Go State! ;D

Comment

I wonder if Ryan Schuler (also quoted in the article) has reconsidered his decision regarding staying at Nebraska. After his medical hardship (problems with blood clots in his leg), he indicated he was not looking at transferring because he would have to give up his full-ride. He is a SD kid and from the sounds of this article it appears he may have decided to reconsider staying at NE so he could play. If I remember right, he was all set to go to Oklahoma, and on signing day swithched to Nebraska (2002 or 2003). He was recruited BIG time and if could play, would be a great add.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

• Re: 2005 Recruits

Argus Leader Sprots Briefs

Schuler chooses Northern Iowa

Former Washington High football standout Ryan Schuler plans to resume his football career at NCAA Division I-AA Northern Iowa.

Schuler, an offensive lineman, got his release from the University of Nebraska last month.

Among the schools he was considering were Arizona, Iowa and Wyoming.

Schuler's career at Nebraska was ravaged because of blood clots in his leg. The problem forced him to miss his freshman season in 2003 and this season.

Schuler said he recently received a doctor's clearance to return to football.

http://www.argusleader.com/sports/We...article5.shtml

Comment

Didn't see that yet. Good luck to him, hopefully the Jacks will get to face him on the field soon.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

I see the latest user name is gerald_ebel. Is there a Gerry sr.?

Curious about a couple of things, if you are comfortable answering them here, f not, no problem.

Any insight as to the NDSU commitments from Gerry or Ryan Shuttloffel?

Any comments regarding Bobby Jones and Michigan St.?

How do you like Coach Likness? He was my coach back during his Hamlin days.

Nice to have you on the board.
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Just was introduced to this site. I am glad that Ebel was mentioned in your conversations. First I would like you to know that the night of the SDSU/NDSU game he was at another recruit visit at a different college all together. He was not in Brookings, he did listen to the game on the way back to Yankton. I did take note that speculation was made as to why he chose NDSU. Ebel visited many colleges, he remained open to all the different aspects, education, athletic programs, players, coaches. He did not do this in a season's time, he did this over a couple of years. He watched programs develope, he listen to dreams and he followed the very sound advise of USD's Coach Meierkort. Coach Meierkort told Ebel that he would walk onto a campus, view a program and find that it had the right fit. That he would feel it was right and when that happened that should be the place that he went. Ebel does not feel negative towards any school that he walked onto. He followed equally all the broad casts and articles he could. He does not have any negative feelings about any of the coaching staffs, he respects them all. NDSU just happened to be the right fit. He has never received any negative information or opinions about any University or College in SD from any coaching staff, (high school or college), quite frankly, he has received just the opposite from both in state and out of state. These coaches are very professional and do not sell their programs by damning someone else. The bottom line is, it wouldn't matter where Ebel went, someone was going to be angry, disappointed, what ever. Heart and attitude, seems to me it is his heart and attitude that is allowing him to be able to follow his dream.

Comment

Just a quick update on the road wars. Coaches say recruiting is going pretty well. The reception they are getting is pretty good, and the 6 - 5 season did make some impressions.
                              They are saying it is a bit different to have kids say they are down to decidiing between State and Idaho State or Montana State instead of St Cloud or Augie.
                              They have been in California, Arizona and Oregon in recent days, casting the net a little wider. Looking for speed and athletes.

Comment

Originally posted by PofFBP
                                Just was introduced to this site.  I am glad that Ebel was mentioned in your conversations.  First I would like you to know that the night of the SDSU/NDSU game he was at another recruit visit at a different college all together.  He was not in Brookings, he did listen to the game on the way back to Yankton.  I did take note that speculation was made as to why he chose NDSU.  Ebel visited many colleges, he remained open to all the different aspects, education, athletic programs, players, coaches.  He did not do this in a season's time, he did this over a couple of years.  He watched programs develope, he listen to dreams and he followed the very sound advise of USD's Coach Meierkort.  Coach Meierkort told Ebel that he would walk onto a campus, view a program and find that it had the right fit.  That he would feel it was right and when that happened that should be the place that he went.  Ebel does not feel negative towards any school that he walked onto.  He followed equally all the broad casts and articles he could.  He does not have any negative feelings about any of the coaching staffs, he respects them all.  NDSU just happened to be the right fit.  He has never received any negative information or opinions about any University or College in SD from any coaching staff, (high school or college), quite frankly, he has received just the opposite from both in state and out of state.  These coaches are very professional and do not sell their programs by damning someone else.  The bottom line is, it wouldn't matter where Ebel went, someone was going to be angry, disappointed, what ever.  Heart and attitude,  seems to me it is his heart and attitude that is allowing him to be able to follow his dream.  
                                Thanks for the info. It would be selfish of any Jack's fan to be angry with Gerry's choice. After all, it is his life and his choice. I wish him the best of luck and look forward to seeing him play at the collegiate level.
                                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                                X