Cory Koenig 34 yard TD run

Comment

Re: Cal-Poly

SDSU 7
      Cal Poly 17
      start of the 2nd

Comment

We are running !!!!! already 21 rushing plays and we are moving the ball.

Andy Kardoes to Chris Molitor to make it 1st and goal. This is how you attack a quick defense run right at them and then play action. Cal Poly takes time out.

SDSU 7
        Cal Poly 17

8:07 left in 2nd

Comment

SDSU 10  
          Cal Poly 17
          06:29  left in 2nd

Parker Douglass field goal from 21 yards

Comment

SDSU 13
            Cal Poly 24
            02:18 left in 3rd

Comment

Have been listening sporadically...why is Koenig getting a bulk of the carries over Watson?
              I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Has Dellas Cole been doing sideline work all season long, or is this a special occasion? I was sans computer until this week, and don't get WNAX via radio so this is my first Jacks action.
                I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

We were deep in Cal Poly Terr. but dropped pass and blocked 32 yard field goal. Kardoes hurt but doesn't come out.

SDSU 13
                  Cal Poly 24
                  02:27 3rd

Attendence 10,633

Defense holds to force 3 and out to make them punt. SDSU bobble punt take ball at their own 27.

STATS TO THIS POINT

Cory Koenig   23 carries 126 yards 1 td
                  Anthony Watson 10 carries 36 yards
                  Andy Kardoes    7 carries 21 yards

Andy Kardoes    12 of 23 154 yards

Chris Molitor 6 receptions 95 yards
                  Josh Davis     5 receptions  72 yards
                  Dan Dykhouse    1 receptions  15 yards
                  Dusty Snyders   1 receptions  9 yards

1st Downs   Cal Poly 8       SDSU 19

Total Yards
                  Cal Poly 271 Yards  SDSU 301 yards

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll
                    Have been listening sporadically...why is Koenig getting a bulk of the carries over Watson?

Not sure why Waston is not getting many carries I know coaches have said they would like him not to dance as much and hit the hole harder.

Cory Koenig has been the work horse with 26 carries

Comment

Big interception by SDSU's Perry. Maybe we can get some momentum. Down by 8 with 11:43 to go in the game.

Comment

SDSU 16
                        Cal Poly 24
                        11:51 4th
                        Parker Douglass 32 yd field

First turn over of the game SDSU's intercepted by John Perry at the CP39. SDSU Ball

GO STATE, we have been in the RED ZONE TOOOOOO MUCH

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll
                          Has Dellas Cole been doing sideline work all season long, or is this a special occasion?  I was sans computer until this week, and don't get WNAX via radio so this is my first Jacks action.

They have at home, on the road is just the booth guys

Comment

ON offense I think a screen may work well as the Cal Poly defense is blitzing a lot.

SDSU has another int, intercepted by James Epps at the SDSU 8 yard line

Comment

Great game. Not the defensive battle that I thought it would be. SDSU is a real smash mouth team and had Poly on their heels on defense all night. Best of luck the rest of the season. I do not see the Jacks losing many games this season. Look out I-AA, especially when the Jacks have all 63 scholarships. Once again great game and good luck the rest of the season.

Comment

Cal Poly has some pretty impressive players. That receiver, #11 is a monster. As for us, the defense (after a bad stretch in the first half) was outstanding. The running game on offense was terrific. The passing game... not so much. We're still not getting much from the quarterback position. Kardoes had a few nice plays tonight, but once again he had trouble with accuracy and decision-making. His long passes were way off the mark (except for the one over the middle to Davis that was just off his fingertips). His short passes had guys stopping or diving or turning back into the defense. It's tough to get any YAC on an out pattern when you have to stop and run back towards the middle of the field to catch the ball.

Nonetheless, Koenig's explosive running through the holes the offensive line was making gave us a chance. I can't help but feel that more productive quarterback play would have made the difference in our comeback after the rough start in the first quarter.

Moral victories aren't much fun anymore, but I keep reminding myself that we're playing this well with 21 fewer scholarships than these nationally-ranked teams. That says a lot about the kinds of coaches and players we have and my hat is off to them. You couldn't ask for any more effort from those guys. We're just a few play-makers shy of being every bit as good as teams like Montana and Cal-Poly.

Comment

Working...
                                X