Cal-Poly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cal-Poly

i guess there is humor in this too many men on field thing.can you imagine if kardoes got the ball snapped .he takes off to the right and BAM 11 other rabbits looking at him(slowly drops ball and just- stares) . or the defense getting up and realizing they are going to be overran. ;D ;D ;D ;D. BEWARE OF THE HARE.

Comment

I was going through the media guide today and I noticed that the attendance for the Cal-Poly game was 10,633, which is a Beef Bowl record. The previous Beef Bowl record was 10,468.

Also the largest Non-Hobo Day football game attendance record is 10,891. We only needed a couple hundred more people to break that record. I think if the weather cooperates, we can break that record this year.

We have had 17 games in which the attendance exceeded 11,000 and they are all Hobo Day games. It would be nice to have a game over 11,000 that is not a Hobo Day game, like the Georgia Southern.

Just thought I would pass that on.

Go State ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Was that record set at last years NDSU game.

Comment

Was that record set at last years NDSU game.
          The media guide does not state when the record was set for the Beef Bowl.

The largest non-Hobo Day crowd was set in 1996 at the Cereal Bowl.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

When they announced the attendance, did they say the number was "paid" admission? Not sure what was said. If that was only paid admission, then the actual number is considerably higher (the students, the Pride, parents and family of the athletes etc....are they being counted)? Anyone know?

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack
              I was going through the media guide today and I noticed that the attendance for the Cal-Poly game was 10,633, which is a Beef Bowl record.  The previous Beef Bowl record was 10,468.

Also the largest Non-Hobo Day football game attendance record is 10,891.  We only needed a couple hundred more people to break that record.  I think if the weather cooperates, we can break that record this year.  

We have had 17 games in which the attendance exceeded 11,000 and they are all Hobo Day games.  It would be nice to have a game over 11,000 that is not a Hobo Day game, like the Georgia Southern.

Just thought I would pass that on.

Go State  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
              Was visiting with a workmate today about the game, found out he has NEVER been to a Jacks fb game, and he loves fb, has lived here for many years. He has no malice towards the Jacks... blew me away that he had never been to a game. I wonder how many even right here in Brookings have never went? I expressed to him how much fun the games are...hopefully we can get some of these folks excited enough to come, too. Would love to see those crowds get larger, regularly. Any guesses on wether playing @ Howard Wood is going to affect attendance and interest? It will be interesting to see.

Comment

One last thing to say:

Cal-Poly crushed Montana St.

We could have and probably should have beat Cal-Poly.

Montana St. beat NDSU.

Pairity seems like the right word to me.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jharrisfan
                  Was visiting with a workmate today about the game, found out he has NEVER been to a Jacks fb game, and  he loves fb, has lived here for many years. He has no malice towards the Jacks... blew me away that he had never been to a game. I wonder how many even right here in Brookings have never went? I expressed to him how much fun the games are...hopefully we can get some of these folks excited enough to come, too. Would love to see those crowds get larger, regularly. Any guesses on wether playing @ Howard Wood is going to affect attendance and interest? It will be interesting to see.  
                  One of my good friends from college went to his first Jacks game ever when we played Lacrosse. That was after he went to school at SDSU, graduated from there, and worked in Brookings for 3 years. You'd probably be surprised how many people who live in Brookings or go to school at SDSU are the same.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD
                    When they announced the attendance, did they say the number was "paid" admission?  Not sure what was said.  If that was only paid admission, then the actual number is considerably higher (the students, the Pride, parents and family of the athletes etc....are they being counted)?   Anyone know?
                    Attendance is typically a turnstile count (i.e. # of bodies in the stands). So the students, parents, etc. are counted in the announced attendance number.
                    I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Working...
                    X