2006 Recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2006 Recruits

More interesting is the fact that his coach is former SDSU QB, Mike Busch.

Comment

Great Post. Current Jack JaRon Harris had some battles with Christie on the track and was a great sprinter in his own right. The fact he is not on the Track team is a shame.

Comment

Let's not forget that track speed doesn't always carry over to the football field. Putting pads on and asking someone to make his reads and change directions in his cuts makes bad football players out of alot of sprinters. And you have to enjoy phyiscal contact to play football. Feet hitting the track does not make it a contact sport and being restricted to one's particular lane takes care of everything else.

Comment

Heard that we received a verbal committment from a D-Lineman out of Texas. Sorry that is all I know. Nice to see us picking up some people from some other places.

Go Jacks !!!!!!
          http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Comment

IMO I don't think it is a matter of the staff not wanting fb players to run track, but rather the players themselves wanting to do both. I was asked to run track, but in no way was I a speedster. The thought crossed my mind for 2 seconds. The reason, 1. I came to SDSU to play football, not run track, 2. Time committment, 3. Lose a position battle with another player because I'm spending time reading the back of other runners shirts, etc. instead of getting extra reps, experience during spring ball.

I saw it posted earlier, but I'll reitterate, it doesn't matter how fast you can run on a track if it does carry over to the football field.

Comment

Jacks get a verbal from Stefan Geissler 6'1 220 from Cadot Wisconsin. Two way player who was recruited as a back by SDSU. Jacks like there running backs big!

Comment

Nick Kuchel 5'10 180 RB from Kingsley Pierson has decided to walk on at Iowa. He was also considering SDSU and NDSU.

Stephan Geissler was one of just two Running Backs on Wisconsin top 30 players list. He was at #18 and another back at #28. I know these lists and ratings are subjective, but it would appear we got another good running back. Have not seen a 40 time for him.

Comment

We seem to have large stable of runningbacks being assembled. I wonder if some might be moved to different positions.

Comment

Jacks had some success recruiting Ft Scott Community College a few years ago. Noticed an Antonio Epps from Kansas City Ks who may be related to the Jacks James Epps. Will we go the JC route in 2006?

http://www.fortscott.edu/wp/ifb.asp

Comment

• Re: 2006 Recruits

In the Argus Leader today I noticed a kid from SF Washington commited to SDSU. I can't remember his name but he was an OL.

Comment

Originally posted by twism
                        In the Argus Leader today I noticed a kid from SF Washington commited to SDSU. I can't remember his name but he was an OL.
                        Most likely was Ryan McNight who is 6'4 260 and played offensive OL and DL at Washington. He has a teamate that is pretty good and that is Chris Patron a NT.

Comment

Nebraska has offered just 4 instate recruits this year. Should leave a lot of talent looking for a place to play. A big one is Eric Rickert 6'5 285 of Millard West who mentioned back in October he was considering SDSU among others.

Comment

Jacks have Concordia Academy Ofensive Lineman Jon Stephens 6'4 280 in Brookings this weekend. He is listed on the top 30 players list in Minnesota.

Comment

It is my understanding from conversations that we have about 10-15 verbals at this point with many more kids in this weekend. I here the coaches are pretty happy with what they have at this point but would like to get near 19-25 kids signed this year.

Comment

Interesting news...it now appears that a rule that didn't exist (that is, football players not being allowed to participate in track) now actually does not exist [yeah, read that twice]:  A number of football players are joining the track team!!

That development is like opening up a whole new class of potential recruits:  football players who think they want to participate in track.  Word will get out and there will be future Jackrabbits who will come here for  that reason.

Now, we're starting to think like schools like, let's see, USC, Michigan, ...want to think closer? NDSU.

Comment

Working...
                                X