2006 Recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2006 Recruits

I am hearing that we are not going to get any recruits out of Nebraska this year. Which would be a major dissappointment as the area has been pretty fertile for us in the past.

I think we will see that Minnesota, Iowa and Wisconsin will be our strong states this year.

Comment

Colin Cochart TE Kenaunee Wi has selected SDSU.
      Mike O'Connell-Iowa City is deciding between Iowa and SDSU.

Comment

Hey, we are at 17 right now, Duffy RB, Shultz TE, Mitchell WR, Beyer TE, Cochart TE, Basham DT, Batten DE, Domino SS, and a few more...Jeske QB, waiting on a few...others from Nebraska and Iowa and Arizona....And Missouri...

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979
          Did Ex-Jack have his post removed?  I was trying to find his post about football recruits and it looks as if they are all gone...

*From the Moderator

No if they are gone, he removed them.

Comment

Quick story on Austin Frain:

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?n...5108&rfi=6

Go State! ;D

Comment

Argus Leader guys discuss the recruits:

Argus Sports Web

New 02.02.2006
              This week on the Argus Leader Sports Web, Online Editor Cory Beck and Sports Writer Mick Garry talk about South Dakota's signing day for area colleges as well as the situation with SDSU's basketball team and this Sunday's Super Bowl showdown between Pittsburgh and Seattle.

http://interface.audiovideoweb.com/l...20206.mp3/play

It's about a 1/2 long, I just started listening.

Comment

We may have another football player for Nagy to recruit off the Jacks football roster next year. Derek Domino is in the top 50 in scoring in the Twin Cities Metro at 18 points a game.

Comment

I understand Stig referenced at a Sioux Empire Club Meeting in Sioux Falls yesterday that a high school teamate of Isiah Jackson (Chandler AZ High School) is transferring to South Dakota State from Arizona State. He is a linebacker like Jackson and will be on the roster in 2006.

Comment

That's great news. In a perfect world, we would never need JUCO players or transfer athletes due to our home grown talent. However, the good DII programs and many of the good 1AA programs all get large numbers of transfer and JUCO athletes. Northern Col used their CU and CSU transfers to bolster a lineup leading to 2 national championships in DII. Nice to see we're drawing those sort of athletes now.
                    "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII
                      I understand Stig referenced at a Sioux Empire Club Meeting in Sioux Falls yesterday that a high school teamate of Isiah Jackson (Chandler AZ High School) is transferring to South Dakota State from Arizona State. He is a linebacker like Jackson and will be on the roster in 2006.
                      Could it be Adam Vincent (6'2" 239 lbs).

http://thesundevils.collegesports.co...nt_adam00.html

ASU: Talented. young player who will compete for playing time at linebacker...will get his chance after redshirting last season. 2004: Redshirted as a member of the scout team. HIGH SCHOOL: A 2004 graduate of Hamilton High School in Chandler, Ariz....joined teammates Myrio Davis and David Smith as ASU signees in the 2004 class...listed as the No. 14 player in the state of Arizona by SuperPrep Magazine...was the Defensive Player of the Year in the 5A Fiesta Region and first-team All-Arizona by the Arizona Republic...2003 All-East Valley Tribune first-team selection...named all-state and all-region at linebacker as a senior...2003 PrepStar All-Region selection...named first-team all-defense by Phoenix Metro Football Magazine...led Class 5A state champion Chandler with 146 tackles, including 48 solo stops, 10 tackles for loss, 4.5 quarterback sacks, one interception, three fumble recoveries and seven hurries during his senior season...led team in defensive points scored in 2003...finished his career as Hamilton's all-time leading tackler with 355 stops...2004 Hamilton High School Male Athlete of the Year...was co-captain of the North Team at the 2003 4A/5A All-Star game...also holds the school record for career tackles for loss with 25.5...as a junior made first-team all-region and was invited to the U.S. Army National Combine... outfielder and pitcher on the 5A state champion baseball teams...earned first-team all-region honors in baseball as a senior...was a second-team Fiesta Region outfielder in 2003...a member of the Top Guns All-West Regional team...lettered three years in football and twice in baseball...captained his football team as a senior...coached by John Wrenn... hails from the same high school that produced Terrell Suggs. PERSONAL: Undecided on his major...parents are John (sales) and Peggy (homemaker) Vincent of Chandler, Ariz....has a sister, Holly (26), and a brother, Joey (21)...his brother, Joey, plays football (quarterback) and baseball at New Mexico State...born April 15, 1986 in Mesa, Ariz....full name is Adam Michael Vincent.

edit: I guess they weren't H.S. teamates, nevermind.

Comment

I had some time over lunch so i looked throuh ASU's roster as well and i didn't see any players that attended Chandler HS where Isaiah did? Maybe they have already been removed...
                        "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

I believe the transfer from Arizona State is a safety. Can't remember his name.
                          This space for lease.

Comment

I scanned the ASU roster, too. None of the names jogged my recollection of the transfer's name.
                            This space for lease.

Comment

I was at the Sioux Empire Staters luncheon where Stig mentioned the transfer and he did say it was a safety, but I can't recall his name.

FYI: The luncheon is always on the third Tuesday of each month at Skelly's. Lunch is $8.00 for soup, sandwich and salad bar. I have yet to leave hungry. Lots of good SDSU info.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

I'm guessing it's Myrio Davis.

Here's what ASU sports page has to say about him.

SU: Talented, young defensive back who will get his chance this season...has moved to safety from cornerback...got a lot of reps during spring ball. 2004: Redshirted as a member of the scout team. HIGH SCHOOL: A 2004 graduate of Hamilton High School in Chandler, Ariz....joined teammates David Smith and Adam Vincent in signing with ASU...a member of the Tacoma News Tribune's "Western 100"...listed as the No. 6 player in the state of Arizona by SuperPrep Magazine...won the Tyrone Byrd Award, presented annually to the state's best defensive back, given by Phoenix Metro Football Magazine...named first-team all-defense by that same publication...listed as the No. 34 defensive back in the nation, the No. 44 player on the West Coast and the No. 3 player in the state of Arizona...listed as an all-region player in the postseason by PrepStar Magazine...ranked No. 29 in the nation as a wide receiver...selected first-team defense All-State in 5A by the East Valley Tribune...Arizona Informant Defensive Player of the Year...racked up 71 tackles...played wide receiver for the first four games of the season...helped lead Hamilton to the 5A state championship in Sun Devil Stadium in 2003...made the tackle in the third overtime to help Hamilton win the state championship in one of the most thrilling games ever...also caused two fumbles and had one fumble recovery in the title game...three-year starter for the varsity...was all-state and all-region as a junior...caught 38 passes for 667 yards (17.6 yards per catch average) and six touchdowns...as a sophomore, was all-region at safety, playing only five games...as a freshman, played running back and ran for 1,700 yards and 19 touchdowns...team was 9-0-1 that year...runs a 4.48 in the 40-yard dash...bench presses 300 pounds...has a vertical leap of 38 inches...coached by John Wrenn...hails from the same high school that produced Terrell Suggs.

Comment

Working...
                                X