Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Beef Bowl Predictions

Originally posted by JBNJBQ
    UCA will not be playing the state of South Dakota's "B" team this week.

They will be playing the "A" team, SDSU.

UCA will

fumble

stumble

and crumble

SDSU 24
    UCA 0

The PRIDE OF THE DAKOTA'S will win the battle of the bands. (see the smack section)

Pretty close to right on the money? By the way the UCA "Stand Around Band" did not show up for the band competition.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks99
      [quote author=RabbitinTea link=1159828785/45#58 date=1160359091][quote author=jackmd link=1159828785/45#56 date=1160320074][quote author=Haldersham link=1159828785/45#55 date=1160280245]Since USD is being mentioned, Dakota Day had an announced and round figure of 10250 attendee's
      Now way 10,250 through the turnstiles.  Maybe 8,500.  Doesn't matter but I just don't believe it.  I'm pretty sure I could have had my hands on hundreds of tickets as late as Friday.[/quote]

I'm with you jackmd.  This would not be the first time the folks down in verminville embelished their attendance figures.  Back in the NCC, if we played at Frost for the first game somehow the second game in Vermillion was always higher attendance.  I remember one time they must have reported AT LEAST 2000 more than were at the game.[/quote]

I was shocked to hear the number at the game, was expecting a bit over 11,000 to be announced.  Thought the NDSU game had a lot more fans.  While USD may inflate their numbers a bunch, I'm still not convinced SDSU's are that accurate either.  Using the known number in the pride and how much room they take up, I just can't see there being over 10,000 there.  However I know exact numbers for any type of event are impossible and are typically inflated.  It's just the nature of the game.
      [/quote]

I have to disagree, I thought the crowd was bigger then the NDSU Beef Bowl game in '04 from looking around, and without a large contingent from NDSU that meant that just about everyone in CAS was rooting for the Jacks!

Go State!  

Comment

Agree with 89 here, I have attended a lot of games at CAS and the numbers in this crowd were close to or exceeded all of them. I have no doubt that 12,000 fans attended the game, maybe more.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd
          Agree with 89 here, I have attended a lot of games at CAS and the numbers in this crowd were close to or exceeded all of them.  I have no doubt that 12,000 fans attended the game, maybe more.
          + + + + +

I was at the NDSU game in '04 and this crowd exceeded the one for that game. And, as noted by 89, the number of Jacks fans was greater because NDSU had a huge fan contingent.

Comment

Plus the Pride Numbers are NOT calculated into the attendence figures so then you gotta add the 300 or so member outside of the announced figure. So we were probably looking at 12,600 or so.

Comment

Sounds like it was a bigger crowd, just not as loud :-?

I'd find it hard to believe that the Pride is not included in the numbers. Impressive crowd none the less.

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman
                Plus the Pride Numbers are NOT calculated into the attendence figures so then you gotta add the 300 or so member outside of the announced figure.  So we were probably looking at 12,600 or so.
                Unless things have changed in the last three years, the Pride has been included in attendance figures. Attendance has equalled all bodies thru the gates (excluding players and coaches on the field).
                I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Working...
                X