Beef Bowl Predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Beef Bowl Predictions

Purple Pride?!? Oh, for a minute, I thought Red McCombs came on the board. Which would explain 89 and Filbert being the lowest-paid moderators in the NFL! ;D
    I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll
      [quote author=MilwaukeeJacksAlum link=1159828785/15#26 date=1159989823]somebody tell CatchemAll that the actual predictions thread is located in the "Week 6 picks" thread.  This thread is dedicated to each team giving a prediction on how much their team will win by.  Similar to saying my dad could beat up your dad.
      What if I don't think my dad can beat up their dad?

SDSU is on a two game win streak when I pick against them, so I'm just trying to keep with the trend.

No everyone take a deep breath, relax, and realize I'm just having a little fun.[/quote]

Your sarcasm was not lost on me and I hope mine was not lost on you. I just like trying to get you riled up since I'm still mad at you for always holding.
      "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by joshuca
        [quote author=JBNJBQ link=1159828785/15#19 date=1159930525]UCA will not be playing the state of South Dakota's "B" team this week.

They will be playing the "A" team, SDSU.

UCA will

fumble

stumble

and crumble

SDSU 24
        UCA 0

The PRIDE OF THE DAKOTA'S will win the battle of the bands. (see the smack section)
        LOL...ISU held us to 3 points, so I don't think you guys will hold us scoreless...also is UCA's marching band really coming or are you just being funny?
        [/quote]

Nah, I was just trying to be funny, although it would be a good idea. I thought of it after I found a picture of the UCA Stand Around Band in my many travels through the internet.....

http://www.sdsufans.com/cgi-bin/yabb...num=1159930147

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Comment

Originally posted by MaxBaer
          [Hey, no shame in losing to a regionally and nationally recognized non-scholarship athletic program like UWL . . . they beat NAIA - Azusa Pacific University and D3 - UW-Stevens Point too! [smiley=embarassed.gif]

Bears by a bunch . . . [smiley=thumbup.gif]
          Again, last I checked and correct me if I'm wrong, we've faired pretty well against Southland conference teams. Furthermore, and again correct me if I'm wrong, the UW-L game is well in our past.

Saturday night, us against you, us wins. My story and I'm sticking to it.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum
            [quote author=CatchEmAll link=1159828785/15#29 date=1159991988][quote author=MilwaukeeJacksAlum link=1159828785/15#26 date=1159989823]somebody tell CatchemAll that the actual predictions thread is located in the "Week 6 picks" thread.  This thread is dedicated to each team giving a prediction on how much their team will win by.  Similar to saying my dad could beat up your dad.
            What if I don't think my dad can beat up their dad?

SDSU is on a two game win streak when I pick against them, so I'm just trying to keep with the trend.

No everyone take a deep breath, relax, and realize I'm just having a little fun.[/quote]

Your sarcasm was not lost on me and I hope mine was not lost on you.  I just like trying to get you riled up since I'm still mad at you for always holding.[/quote]

I'm good. Just trying to keep it lite on here.

I don't think you so much mad about the holding, it's more of the slow aged tight end running circles around that trio of young athletic LB's
            I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd
              Again, last I checked and correct me if I'm wrong, we've faired pretty well against Southland conference teams.
              Well Jack SDSU isn't playing (1-3) Nicholls or (1-3) McNeese State this week.  But the Rabbits will figure that out soon enough.  Good luck and see you Saturday night!   [smiley=happy.gif]

Comment

Two very good teams that were ranked at the time of their loss - 4 of their 6 losses came to 1-A teams - the others thanks to SDSU....you don't have a point.

Comment

Originally posted by gojacksgo
                  4 of their 6 losses came to 1-A teams
                  Gojack, u talkin bout their 40 pt +/- losses to D1 powers South Florida, Toledo and LA Tech?  Or the 50 pt. loss to Nebraska's 2 and 3 deep guys?  

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum
                    This is a statement game for SDSU.  The statement is, we've moved past the UWL loss and this is our first opportunity to show the SD fans what we're really all about.  I see the rushing game really coming into their own.  Our D shows that they are for real after the last 2 weeks leading up to today.  Big win by the Jacks.

SDSU 28
                    UCA 10

Crowd: 8,500 (no UCA crowd and alot of the students heading down to USD will hurt the crowd)
                    This is the second time I've seen this referenced. I only graduated 5 years ago and I don't understand the D-Days stuff. I don't remember hearing about anyone going down there for D-Days. If we have students who are down there the same weekend there's a home game, we have a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxBaer
                      [quote author=gojacksgo link=1159828785/30#36 date=1160092046]4 of their 6 losses came to 1-A teams
                      Gojack, u talkin bout their 40 pt +/- losses to D1 powers South Florida, Toledo and LA Tech?  Or the 50 pt. loss to Nebraska's 2 and 3 deep guys?   [/quote]

I know you're new to D1-AA, but I've got news for you. There's a HUGE difference between D1-A and D1-AA. Talking about losses to Toledo and La Tech speaks to your knowledge of the College game on the national level. Have you ever heard of the MAC, that's where Toledo plays. Go ahead and play a road game there and see if UCA loses by less than 40. I've seen some ignorant posts, but this one is top five. Give me a break. If you think you guys can play with teams in the MAC, then I guess we're in trouble. But remember you beat a USD team that gave you quite a few opportunities.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitinTea
                        [quote author=MaxBaer link=1159828785/30#37 date=1160101086][quote author=gojacksgo link=1159828785/30#36 date=1160092046]4 of their 6 losses came to 1-A teams
                        Gojack, u talkin bout their 40 pt +/- losses to D1 powers South Florida, Toledo and LA Tech?  Or the 50 pt. loss to Nebraska's 2 and 3 deep guys?   [/quote]

I know you're new to D1-AA, but I've got news for you.  There's a HUGE difference between D1-A and D1-AA.  Talking about losses to Toledo and La Tech speaks to your knowledge of the College game on the national level.  Have you ever heard of the MAC, that's where Toledo plays.  Go ahead and play a road game there and see if UCA loses by less than 40.  I've seen some ignorant posts, but this one is top five.  Give me a break.  If you think you guys can play with teams in the MAC, then I guess we're in trouble.  But remember you beat a USD team that gave you quite a few opportunities.[/quote]

Please forgive some of my UCA breathren.  We are new to D-I and some fans are less knowledgable than others.

As I posted on the Missouri State board a few weeks ago we need to learn some humility as it will not always be wine and roses, just as it was not in D-II.

I know that SDSU will be a very difficult opponent.  I only hope it is a good game.

See ya'll Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitinTea
                          [quote author=MilwaukeeJacksAlum link=1159828785/15#16 date=1159892099]This is a statement game for SDSU.  The statement is, we've moved past the UWL loss and this is our first opportunity to show the SD fans what we're really all about.  I see the rushing game really coming into their own.  Our D shows that they are for real after the last 2 weeks leading up to today.  Big win by the Jacks.

SDSU 28
                          UCA 10

Crowd: 8,500 (no UCA crowd and alot of the students heading down to USD will hurt the crowd)
                          This is the second time I've seen this referenced.  I only graduated 5 years ago and I don't understand the D-Days stuff.  I don't remember hearing about anyone going down there for D-Days.  If we have students who are down there the same weekend there's a home game, we have a problem.[/quote]

I agree with you Rabbitintea.  I needed a break from writing reports last night so I did a little research.

We've had home games head to head with D-Days in 2003 and 2005

2003 was a Beef Bowl match-up that we lost to UND 25-24.  Attendance was 7373.  USD had D-Days  vs. Minn St.-Mankato.  Attendance was 6117.

2005 we played UC-Davis in Sioux Falls.  Attendance was 7239.  USD had D-Days vs. Minn St. Mankato.  They drew 9577 fans.

The Beef Bowl traditionally outdraws D-Days attendance wise.  Now, attendance at USD home games has been up recently so that needs to figure in as well.  But so has home attendance for us, especially the Beef Bowl.  7,000 plus in 2003 vs UND.  12,000 plus in 2004 vs. NDSU.  10,000 plus in 2005 vs. Cal-Poly (I took away a couple hundred due to my wife picking THAT day to get married!).

I think we're safe in predicting 10,000 plus for this game.  I hoping for 12,000 but that may be a stretch...

Comment

I have heard there are nearly 10,000 advance tickets sold already. Could be in the 12k range if the weather stays nice.

I guess that's what beating 2 ranked teams in a row will do!

GO Jacks!
                            "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                            -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by eqguy
                              I have heard there are nearly 10,000 advance tickets sold already.  Could be in the 12k range if the weather stays nice.

I guess that's what beating 2 ranked teams in a row will do!

GO Jacks!
                              That's surprising I hesitant to believe that though.

Comment

Originally posted by UCABEARS75
                                Please forgive some of my UCA breathren . . . we need to learn some humility as it will not always be wine and roses, just as it was not in D-II
                                Bear75, things will not always be 'wine and roses' but confidence and ‘swagger’ are two of the most important elements of football. Games are decided by the presence or absence of these traits.

The Bears are playing with a lot of confidence right now and they have developed a little swagger. So have some of their fans.  It is no different with SDSU.  And that is nothing to apologize for.

But the games are won by the team that walks the walk.  We will see what happens when they tee it up Saturday night.  Good luck to all.

If you have it, you win. If you don’t have it, you lose.  If you don’t know what it is, you haven’t got a chance.

Comment

Working...
                                X