SDSU/NDSU to Gateway???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SDSU/NDSU to Gateway???

Being in the same time-zone is a nice benefit of being in the Gateway.

Comment

If I am not mistaken, we had to make a ten year commitment to the Mid-Con.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit74
        http://www.gatewaynation.com/Default.aspx

Here is a link to the Gateway Conference's new message board.  I just posted that we may be joining along with NDSU and ask for their reaction.
        With only 98 members it might be a bit slow in getting a response.  Just wait until all of the folks from sdsufans and Bisonville get active and this board will heat up in no time!

Comment

Go to ValleyTalk.net, it has a more active board.

Comment

I wasn't trying to diss the Mid-Con. They have treated us well and lifted us from the purgatory of being a D-1 independent. I hope that SDSU and NDSU will significantly raise the profile and prestige of the conference. Being in the Gateway, however, will establish working relationships with many of the MoValley schools and will hopefully give us more options for basketball OOC games with schools that have a respectable RPI.

Given the ever-changing face of conference affiliations, the MoValley may be an option (and possibly a goal for some supporters) for SDSU down the line, as in 15-20 years. I don't see us ditching the Mid-Con until 2020 at the earliest unless something drastic would occur with that conference.

Comment

It seems like everyone in DI has an eye to the future, so I wouldn't say anyone is dissing the Mid-Con by talking about the MVC(which is at least 10-15 years away). There also isn't a team in the Mid-Con that wouldn't bolt for the MVC or Horizon so we aren't the only ones dreaming about it either.

Also from what I heard it would cost NDSU or SDSU 500k to get out of the Mid-Con but I have no idea on just how long that exit fee extends(probably 10 years or less).

Comment

Friday morning article on the Great West and the potential changes and implications....

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...37/1002/SPORTS
                “Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people.” -Bernard Shaw

Comment

Impressive. You have to give credit to the Argus for bringing in a beat reporter that could hit the ground running. His experience has already paid off. I expect to see a game preview tomorrow.

Comment

I'm really beginning to like Terry Vandrovec. This is the kind of local coverage I really expected after we moved up a division. There's been what, 4 or 5 articles this week related back to SDSU sports. That rocks.

Comment

Looks like it's Gateway week at the Argus:

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...52/1002/SPORTS

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks99
                        Looks like it's Gateway week at the Argus:

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...52/1002/SPORTS
                        I really enjoy getting to read an article about SDSU athletics every day from the Argus. Thanks Terry, keep up the good work. I also like the comment in the article about CAS "thankfully not being domed".

Comment

I also enjoy it. Was not expecting that much coverage, to be honest with you, but it's awesome to be able to read a story about the Jackrabbits every day. This was a great addition to the Argus staff

Comment

Originally posted by gojacksgo
                            I also enjoy it.  Was not expecting that much coverage, to be honest with  you, but it's awesome to be able to read a story about the Jackrabbits every day.  This was a great addition to the Argus staff
                            Give Terry credit, he has renewed my interest in the Argus. I mean Terry alone has done that.
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Hello all, just thought I'd pop in real quick. Wanted to express support for your joining the Gateway. WKU leaving us is pretty much set in stone regardless of the lack of an announcement. Both your schools could make for a hell of conference, two more schools for the Salukis to smack around. As far as the MVC goes I think Evansville might be thinking of moving to D2, who knows when or even if that would happen though. Anyways good luck in your seasons.

Comment

Even ESPN is reporting it.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2639837

Go State!!! 8-) 8-) 8-)
                                (\__/)
                                (='.'=)
                                (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Working...
                                X