X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Spring Football

http://www3.sdstate.edu/Athletics/Ne...cfm?Id=46,5872

Spring football to start March 31

The South Dakota State University football team will begin preparation for the 2007 season on Saturday, when it holds its first spring practice.

The Jackrabbits, who finished the 2006 season ranked 21st in the final College Sporting News Football Championship Subdivision (formerly Division I-AA) poll, return 41 lettermen, including 18 starters. SDSU, coached by John Stiegelmeier, ended the 2006 campaign with a 7-4 overall record, including a 3-1 mark in the Great West Football Conference en route to a runner-up finish. . . . (read more)

Go State!

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit
      http://www3.sdstate.edu/Athletics/NewsDetail55273.cfm?Id=46,5872

Spring football to start March 31

The South Dakota State University football team will begin preparation for the 2007 season on Saturday, when it holds its first spring practice.

The Jackrabbits, who finished the 2006 season ranked 21st in the final College Sporting News Football Championship Subdivision (formerly Division I-AA) poll, return 41 lettermen, including 18 starters. SDSU, coached by John Stiegelmeier, ended the 2006 campaign with a 7-4 overall record, including a 3-1 mark in the Great West Football Conference en route to a runner-up finish.  .  .  .  (read more)

Go State!  
      That is what I am talking about baby!!! Football starts this weekend. I have every intention to be in Brookings on April 28th. Who else is going to join me?
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Doc,

You know we will be there......grill and beverages will also be with us.......You are welcome to join us

Go Jacks !!!!!!
        http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Comment

On the AL blog Terry said there was going to be an article about spring football in Sunday's paper. I don't see it on the web. Is it in the hard copy?
          LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Spring Camp Did Not Start Yesterday Due To The Rain.

That might be the reason why there was no story.

Comment

I think today they may finally get a chance to have the first practice of spring.
              "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
              -Leo Rosten

Comment

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...25/1002/SPORTS

SDSU has quarterback dilemma
                Entering spring football, Jackrabbits searching for two signal callers

By Terry Vandrovec
                tvandrovec@argusleader.com
                Published: April 6, 2007
                The South Dakota State football team has 19 seniors-to-be and 18 returning starters, but at the beginning of spring practice it's looking for not one quarterback but two.

Vacancies at strong safety - a position described by coach John Stiegelmeier as the quarterback of the defense - and quarterback are the most pressing issues for the Jackrabbits as they look to build on the 7-4 record and No. 21 ranking they earned in their third season at the NCAA Division I Football Championship Subdivision level, formerly Division I-AA. ... (more)

Comment

It's nice to be able this team has 3 good NFL prospects coming into camp this spring. Mitch Erickson, Parker Douglass, Chris Wagner all have legitmate shots at playing in the NFL after they graduate.

Comment

Saw thise over at the argus web site talking about Augustana Football.

Offensively, Andy Kardoes, who earned All-Great West honors for South Dakota State in his last year of Division I-AA football, is expected to take over for Flyger. But as a part-time student, Kardoes is ineligible for spring practice.

Comment

That must just be part of transferring. I remember when Taylor Murray went to UND that he couldn't participate or do anything with the team until the spring semester ended.

Looks like the weather is again going to mess with Spring Ball. The biggest problem with all of this is that I believe they only have 30 days after the first practice to get in all of the practices. I think Thursday or Friday was the first practice.

"The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                      -Leo Rosten

Comment

Saw the team in the HPER today. It was nice seeing them knock heads a little bit. Nothing like watching a football practice while pudding around the track.

Hoogevean looked to be a little dinged up, a big wrapped cast on his wrist.

Also the trainers were looking at Berry's ankle, hopefully nothing to serious.

I'm getting the itch, the fall can't come soon enough! ;D ;D

Comment

http://www.brookingsregister.com/fe_...&heading=0

SDSU football trying to fill spaces for ‘07 season

BY: Adrian Martin

The South Dakota State football team is coming off a successful season, but at first glance this spring, the squad appears to have more question marks than they had wins last fall.

Several of the Jackrabbits’ key players will not be returning next season, including quarterback Andy Kardoes, wide receiver Micah Johnson and running back Anthony Watson, who is SDSU's second all-time leading rusher.

Kardoes threw for 1,997 yards and was a big part of the Jacks' comeback last season after the team started 0-3. Despite a season marred by injuries, he had 13 touchdowns, scrambled for 233 yards and helped SDSU to four come-from-behind victories during the team's seven-game winning streak.

Overall, SDSU finished with a 7-4 record in 2006 and was runner-up in the Great West Football Conference. The Jacks were also ranked No. 21 by the Football Championship Subdivision's (formerly Division I-AA) College Sporting New's coaches' poll.

SDSU coach John Stiegelmeier, who will be returning for his 11th season with the Jacks, said choosing a replacement for Kardoes will be a tough process.

"I see spring ball being tremendously important to find out who the No. 1 n guy is going into fall camp," Stiegelmeier said. "Our guys understand that they compete every day. We've got four guys battling (for quarterback) so the guy that comes out in spring ball will be a step ahead." . . . (read more)

Go State!

Comment

From gojacks.com

Agenda set for spring game
                            BROOKINGS, S.D. – The Jackrabbits conclude their off-season schedule with the annual Spring Game on Saturday, April 28 at Coughlin-Alumni Stadium in Brookings.

3:30 p.m. – Free root beer floats, courtesy of Coca-Cola
                            – Games and activities for kids of all ages
                            – Silent auction begins - Do not miss your chance to bid Jackrabbit memorabilia, event tickets, collectable items and more. All proceeds benefit scholarship opportunities for student athletes at SDSU.

4:00 p.m. – Jacks stretch (Kids eighth grade and younger and welcome to join the team on the field for their pre-game stretch)

4:30 – Kick-off

5:00 – Silent auction closes
                            Is tailgating allowed?
                            LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Heard about some bad news from spring ball. Mike Steffen aparently dislocated his ankle in practice yesterday. Tough break for an already thin recieving corps. Here's to a speedy and full recovery for Mr. Steffen, I'm sure he'll bounce back better than ever.

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack
                                From gojacks.com

Agenda set for spring game
                                BROOKINGS, S.D. – The Jackrabbits conclude their off-season schedule with the annual Spring Game on Saturday, April 28 at Coughlin-Alumni Stadium in Brookings.

3:30 p.m. – Free root beer floats, courtesy of Coca-Cola
                                – Games and activities for kids of all ages
                                – Silent auction begins - Do not miss your chance to bid Jackrabbit memorabilia, event tickets, collectable items and more. All proceeds benefit scholarship opportunities for student athletes at SDSU.

4:00 p.m. – Jacks stretch (Kids eighth grade and younger and welcome to join the team on the field for their pre-game stretch)

4:30 – Kick-off

5:00 – Silent auction closes
                                Is tailgating allowed?
                                On WNAX yesterday they had a nice feature on spring FB at SDSU. They mentioned that plenty of activities were planned including fun in the "Backyard". I have tailgated the last 2 years and there was no hassle. I plan on being at the stadium by 12:00, sooner if allowed. Anyone have an official time? If I had to guess I would say 12:30, 4 hrs before kickoff.
                                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                                X