Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Football's future upgrades

Originally posted by SFJACK View Post
    I am also willing. Looks like the odds of SDSU getting a new stadium are improving.
    JimmyJack Stadium has a nice ring to it.
    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Can you imagine if Augie is building a new stadium for $15M what the new CAS North End-Zone building at a price tag of $15M is going to look like?

This is the difference between D-2 NSIC and D-I. SDSU builds part of the new stadium for $15M and Augie builds a whole stadium for $15M. The writers at the collegian want to make it into an Apples to Apples comparison. There couldn't be a worse comparison.

Go Jacks!!
      SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Would it be beneficial to include the city of Brookings in a stadium?

Comment

Originally posted by SFJACK View Post
          Would it be beneficial to include the city of Brookings in a stadium?
          The better question is how willing would the city of Brookings be to fork over money to the stadium?
          "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post
            As luck would have it, I am willing to both win the Powerball AND donate to SDSU when I do win. I know, SDSU is lucky to have me as an alum.
            Oddly enough, that was my plan as well . . .
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
              Oddly enough, that was my plan as well . . .
              I had the same thought when the powerball was at over 300 million earlier this fall.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                Can you imagine if Augie is building a new stadium for $15M what the new CAS North End-Zone building at a price tag of $15M is going to look like?

This is the difference between D-2 NSIC and D-I. SDSU builds part of the new stadium for $15M and Augie builds a whole stadium for $15M. The writers at the collegian want to make it into an Apples to Apples comparison. There couldn't be a worse comparison.

Go Jacks!!
                Augie's new stadium is $6 million which makes you point even better. The new fieldhouse when complete will be amazing.
                Go Big! Go Blue! Go Jacks!

Comment

The way I understand it is that there already has been a pretty big sum of money donated for the field house and other upgrades to CAS but SDSU decided to put it all to scholarships right now and then when they get the $300,000 guarentees that money will go strait to upgrades of CAS.... There will be no NEW CAS it will be a plan that will happen when the money is there. Expect the field house to be built first then when more money is available for the grandstands to be replaced. As an SDSU fan I look at it like this we can expand and upgrade as we need to with out having it effect home games.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                    The way I understand it is that there already has been a pretty big sum of money donated for the field house and other upgrades to CAS but SDSU decided to put it all to scholarships right now and then when they get the $300,000 guarentees that money will go strait to upgrades of CAS.... There will be no NEW CAS it will be a plan that will happen when the money is there. Expect the field house to be built first then when more money is available for the grandstands to be replaced. As an SDSU fan I look at it like this we can expand and upgrade as we need to with out having it effect home games.
                    Well this is new news to me

Comment

If you remember that article that Terry wrote in the Argus I think it hinted at this... The article might be in this thread. It said that boosters pitched in and got SDSU to fully support there football team even though plans were to wait until next year. The way i understand it is that the money that was given to that was donated in the intention that it be spent at CAS at a later date.... just what I am hearing. But as stated the fieldhouse in the north endzone is in the media guide and everything I have heard is it is being close to announced.

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post
                        As luck would have it, I am willing to both win the Powerball AND donate to SDSU when I do win. I know, SDSU is lucky to have me as an alum.
                        Great post, rep points given.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatewayrabbit View Post
                          Augie's new stadium is $6 million which makes you point even better. The new fieldhouse when complete will be amazing.

I believe the donation from the Hill family is $6 million. The stadium comes in at $10-15 million depending on fund raising.
                          LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman View Post
                            I had the same thought when the powerball was at over 300 million earlier this fall.

I guess it is unanimous then.
                            An ardent supporter of the hometown team should go to a game prepared to take offense, no matter what happens.Robert Benchley
                            US actor, author, & humorist (1889 - 1945)

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                              Utterly false. I don't know where you get your info joeboo, but you're certainly not in the know on this issue. The money for the new Athletic Center complex at the north end of the football field is all but secured, and none ot if is going to scholarships. Watch for an announcement soon, with the university going to the 2008 legislature to get spending authority to build the building. Replacing the stadium seating is another issue and will be the focus for football after the building is underway.

Comment

I think my wording may of confused some people. What I am getting at is when they got the money they earmarked it to the building..... Then they took some of the actual money and put it to other things including scholarships..... What I am getting at is from everything I have heard is the majority of the money for the building to be built in the north end zone is secured.

Comment

Working...
                                X