Football's future upgrades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Football's future upgrades

Considering Brookings High School is the one that paid to put the lights in at CAS.
    I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

My feelings are that field turf is a great product that takes the unpredicatable South Dakota weather out of the equation and insures we have a game that will not be dicated by the field conditions. My understandng is there are no where near the injury issues on the field turf versus the old artificial turf.

On a another level I'm wondering as the time to rebuild Coughlin approaches who will pay for it? Would there be some kind of state contribution to the rebuilding costs? Did the state pay for the Dakota Dome and subsequent costs for the new roof etc? It would only seem fair that the entire cost is not put on the backs of private donors.

Comment

Perhaps the BOR can sell the field back to the SDSU Foundation, similar to what they did with the Solberg Hall restoration.
        I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1
          Perhaps the BOR can sell the field back to the SDSU Foundation, similar to what they did with the Solberg Hall restoration.
          Why just CAS? Think big. If the State has really washed its hands of athletic facilities at SDSU, why not then just sell the entire athletic campus, all the way out to US 14 to the Foundation.

The Foundation could maybe do a bit of commercial development, in the manner of many modern stadium/arena projects. A unique little "RabbitTown" restaurant/bar/shops area would not only enhance the athletic campus but also the Innovation Campus next door. Just a crazy wild-hare (heh) idea.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

first of all if they are going to put field turf on CAS they should put it on the new baseball stadium also (think big).... I know its hard to push BHS off of the field but what about this.... Have SDSU and BHS work out an agreement where they put a D-I quality track complex with a football field and let the high school play there and the college can have there track meets there... it would kill 2 birds with one stone..

Comment

Huh???? Either I was exposed to too much lacquer thinner at work today or there is more money coming into the athletic department then is made public for an idea like this. I'll go with the lacquer thinner ideaon this one.

Comment

First of all high schools have 2 seperate funds (general and capital outlay) I don't know what BHS books look like but I know alot of schools have alot of money that they have to spend on capital projects (or they loose it)... second of all everybody on here states that SDSU needs a D-I quality track so work somethin out together have a few fundraisers and I don't think it would take long for it to be built... thats my optomistic opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22
                  First of all high schools have 2 seperate funds (general and capital outlay) I don't know what BHS books look like but I know alot of schools have alot of money that they have to spend on capital projects (or they loose it)... second of all everybody on here states that SDSU needs a D-I quality track so work somethin out together have a few fundraisers and I don't think it would take long for it to be built... thats my optomistic opinion.
                  C'mon Joe, list the schools that have a lot of money in capital outlay funds to spend! And they don't "loose" them. I don't believe you've ever served on a school board or seriously studied their funding so you could understand what you are talking about here.

As to the state paying anything...forget it. Yes, USD got money to build the Dakota Dome from the state...the same amount SDSU got to build the HPER complex (plus an inflation factor). But those days are gone...you will not see athletics at either place getting state money to build athletic facilities of any type.

Comment

After all, we're not MINNESOTA, for cryin' out loud!
                    I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22
                      first of all if they are going to put field turf on CAS they should put it on the new baseball stadium also (think big).... I know its hard to push BHS off of the field but what about this.... Have SDSU and BHS work out an agreement where they put a D-I quality track complex with a football field and let the high school play there and the college can have there track meets there... it would kill 2 birds with one stone..
                      Hey JoeBoo, BHS has plans in the works to renovate their current track and I haven't heard of SDSU having anything to do with it.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks#1fan
                        [quote author=joeboo22 link=1165242043/165#171 date=1181968113]First of all high schools have 2 seperate funds (general and capital outlay) I don't know what BHS books look like but I know alot of schools have alot of money that they have to spend on capital projects (or they loose it)... second of all everybody on here states that SDSU needs a D-I quality track so work somethin out together have a few fundraisers and I don't think it would take long for it to be built... thats my optomistic opinion.
                        C'mon Joe, list the schools that have a lot of money in capital outlay funds to spend! And they don't "loose" them. I don't believe you've ever served on a school board or seriously studied their funding so you could understand what you are talking about here.

As to the state paying anything...forget it. Yes, USD got money to build the Dakota Dome from the state...the same amount SDSU got to build the HPER complex (plus an inflation factor). But those days are gone...you will not see athletics at either place getting state money to build athletic facilities of any type.[/quote]

Like I said I don't know BHS accounts but I know my high school (Bon Homme) and nearby schools Avon and Parkston had to build or loose it (5-6 years ago) (right before Janklow got out) Bon Homme added a a gym and a cafateria and re rubbered there track.. Avon redid there Track and builit a pres box and Parkston added on a bunch but some of it was with the National Guard.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-D1
                          Nebraska is a land grant / ag school. Never had grass, never will.
                          False.

Memorial Stadium 1962.
                          Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
                          -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

Well I see they have put a new coat of paint on the goalposts lately. ;D A nice bright yellow color.

Comment

They were priming all the seats on the West Side of CAS last Monday when I was in Brookings.

Go State!  

Comment

Good no more slivers from the paint shavings.

Comment

Working...
                                X