Football's future upgrades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Football's future upgrades

Story in October 9 Argus Leader about SDSU officials touring Georgia Southern's recent facilities upgrades:

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...710090305/1002

Comment

Hopefully in the next ten years Coughlin starts to look more like this:

I think that would definitely help with recruiting as well as fan experience. I have heard that fund raising is going very well, and I truly believe we are capable of building a new facility in the near future.

Comment

wow, would that be sweet.
        "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Is that building to the north of CAS going to be the inside facility with turf? Or is that just the building with weight rooms & classrooms?

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post
            wow, would that be sweet.
            It would, it would.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

not gunna lie... thats pretty cool!
              Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Where did this rendering come from? Is it the one envisioned by the athletic department, or is it something you created? Either way it looks sweet, hopefully it becomes a reality.

Comment

Wow. That would be about the nicest facility in FCS. I was at Youngstown, and they have a great facility, but the one depicted there would be even better. Imagine a stadium club somewhere in that whopping press box along with 15 or 20 luxury loges for big donors. Can I join the Stadium Club now? Here's my $500.

That's the kind of conceptual rendering that is produced to spark the imaginations of big donors.
                  Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Maybe all of the members of the SDSUFan Board can chip in and make the new CAS a reality. Then maybe they will call it "SDSUFans.com Field". We have 987 members on this board, so with the help of everyone including MavBots and the CoyoteFan we can do this!!

Comment

Love it.

Comment

Originally posted by State_fan View Post
                        Where did this rendering come from? Is it the one envisioned by the athletic department, or is it something you created? Either way it looks sweet, hopefully it becomes a reality.
                        I don't know where the rendering came from, but it is not what is envisioned at Coughlin, at least as far as the building on the north -- the Student Athletic Center. It will be a three story building facing the football field from the northside. This is the locker rooms for all outdoor sports, weight and training facilities, coaches offices for all outdoor sports, and tutoring and study rooms. A $12,000,000 project with expansion to $15,000,000 if the money is forthcoming.

It is not an indoor practice facility.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                          I don't know where the rendering came from, but it is not what is envisioned at Coughlin, at least as far as the building on the north -- the Student Athletic Center. It will be a three story building facing the football field from the northside. This is the locker rooms for all outdoor sports, weight and training facilities, coaches offices for all outdoor sports, and tutoring and study rooms. A $12,000,000 project with expansion to $15,000,000 if the money is forthcoming.

It is not an indoor practice facility.
                          I agree with most parts but I thought there was going to be a fieldhouse (indoor track) also as part of the building? I do know that its not going to be a 100yd indoor football field..... Other then the building though which I think its hard to picture what size, shape, and feel of the building is the diagram is great..... I do hope though that the building ties into the stadium I have seen buildings as part of stadiums and some tie in great and some look like sore thumbs.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                            Maybe all of the members of the SDSUFan Board can chip in and make the new CAS a reality. Then maybe they will call it "SDSUFans.com Field". We have 987 members on this board, so with the help of everyone including MavBots and the CoyoteFan we can do this!!
                            Maybe we can get our friends from Geo Southern to chip in so we can have it ready for them when they come back. I know the drawing is just an idea, but it starts to get the motor running as to what CAS can look like someday.

Comment

I am sure things have changed over the years, but I thought the indoor practice facility was tentatively set to be placed East of CAF on the Practice Field. I think it would the best location for an indoor practice facility.

I am disappointed where SDSU wants to build on the North side because I like the grove of trees there. I am sure trees will not stand in the way of progress though. If it cannot at the University of California, it won't here. I also thought it would be cool to have SDSU enter CAF through the trees. With some smoke (liquid ice) and some effective sighting it has the potential to be a spectacular entrance (and very original).

I would like to see SDSU utilize its students and look at making this a potential class project. It could done in phases with cost analysis, artist renderings, growth potential, add-ons (concessions, restrooms, signage etc.). Let the creative minds of students work. I think it would very impressive thing to see what some class projects would look like. For those of you (me included) that are disappointed in how SDSU handled the mascot change. I think it would go a long way in mending some bridges.
                              We...ARE...STATE!
                              SOUTH...DAKOTA...STATE!!

Comment

I heard (by word of mouth) that the indoor facility would be used for indoor softball games (in early winter months). Any info on this?

Comment

Working...
                                X