2008 Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2008 Schedule

Then, maybe we could play USD sometime soon. (Just trying work this into the thread) Stig was at Quarterback Club in Yankton today and of course was asked when SDSU will play Udot. He had a very good answer and honestly told them it will be at least 5 years. Many of whom have frank the kool-aid just cannot understand this. I wigh I could have told them how I felt.

Comment

Jack4Life Said
      "Then, maybe we could play USD sometime soon. (Just trying work this into the thread) Stig was at Quarterback Club in Yankton today and of course was asked when SDSU will play Udot. He had a very good answer and honestly told them it will be at least 5 years. Many of whom have frank the kool-aid just cannot understand this. I wigh I could have told them how I felt."

Five years is when USD will be eligible for the playoffs and we might have to play them like the Delaware/Delaware St. game last weekend? Maybe this was a nice way of saying not unitl we have to.
      Last edited by Rabbit74; 11-28-2007, 06:42 PM. Reason: add quote

Comment

Originally posted by Jack4Life View Post
        Then, maybe we could play USD sometime soon. (Just trying work this into the thread) Stig was at Quarterback Club in Yankton today and of course was asked when SDSU will play Udot. He had a very good answer and honestly told them it will be at least 5 years. Many of whom have frank the kool-aid just cannot understand this. I wigh I could have told them how I felt.
        How did I totally miss the fact that Coach Stig was in Yankton today? Thanks for giving me the heads up 4Life!! I would have cleared my schedule and made the trip. How was the SDSU crowd?
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
          How did I totally miss the fact that Coach Stig was in Yankton today? Thanks for giving me the heads up 4Life!! I would have cleared my schedule and made the trip. How was the SDSU crowd?
          I did not know about it till last night and a retired guy in town saw me at the wrestling meet lastt night and invited me. I was out of town most of the day and slipped back to hear him. Not very well publicized, but was not a bad crowd, just a little light on the usual SDSU attenders.

Comment

Been in the paper since last week guys. 76 told me a week ago that he was making it a point to get there today to hear Stig. That's 2 trips to Yankton this week for him.

Comment

Originally posted by 76Rabbit View Post
              Been in the paper since last week guys. 76 told me a week ago that he was making it a point to get there today to hear Stig. That's 2 trips to Yankton this week for him.
              I must have overlooked it, I'm not usually interested in their invited speakers. Shame on me.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

I must have overlooked it, I'm not usually interested in their invited speakers. Shame on me.
                Guess we should rely on 76. I rarely go to Quarterback Club since it is pretty much a Udot rally. Since we started our local Jacks Club, I get what I need there.

Stig did a great job yesterday and really has a gift to show the human side of coaching. Even our local sports patriarch, Hod Nielsen, said that Stig is one of two of the classiest coaches he has ever met. The other being Ralph Ginn. This coming from a writer who covered USD for years.

Comment

2008 and 2009 Schedule and Game Promos announced:

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...ATCLID=1351756
                  "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

http://www.gojacks.com/SportSelect.d...&Q_SEASON=2008

2008 Schedule:

Sat, Aug 30 Iowa State at Ames, Iowa TBA

Sat, Sep 06 Youngstown State (Ohio) — Cereal Bowl * Coughlin-Alumni Stadium 6 p.m.

Sat, Sep 13 Western Illinois — Beef Bowl * Coughlin-Alumni Stadium 6 p.m.

Sat, Sep 20 Northern Iowa * at Cedar Falls, Iowa TBA

Sat, Sep 27 Stephen F. Austin (Texas) at Nacodoches, Texas TBA

Sat, Oct 04 McNeese State (La.) — Hobo Day Coughlin-Alumni Stadium 2 p.m.

Sat, Oct 18 Cal Poly Coughlin-Alumni Stadium 6 p.m.

Sat, Oct 25 Indiana State * at Terre Haute, Ind. 2 p.m. ET

Sat, Nov 01 Missouri State * Coughlin-Alumni Stadium 1 p.m.

Sat, Nov 08 Illinois State * Coughlin-Alumni Stadium 1 p.m.

Sat, Nov 15 Southern Illinois * at Carbondale, Ill. TBA

Sat, Nov 22 North Dakota State — Dakota Marker Game * at Fargo, N.D. TBA

* Conference Games
                    "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

That is one stout schedule. Welcome to the Gateway.

Comment

6 pm kickoffs instead of 7 pm. I suppose I'm alright with that. Backyard should open at noon for evening games in my opinion. Make a full day out of SDSU football.

Comment

Is it too early to put the pressure on McKinney now for the Pride play the November home games and travel up to NDSU????

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman View Post
                            Is it too early to put the pressure on McKinney now for the Pride play the November home games and travel up to NDSU????
                            No!!

Comment

6 pm kickoffs instead of 7 pm. I suppose I'm alright with that. Backyard should open at noon for evening games in my opinion. Make a full day out of SDSU football.
                              For someone who has a two hour drive after the game, I kinda like the idea. Only thing, early in the year it might still be a little warm.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack4Life View Post
                                For someone who has a two hour drive after the game, I kinda like the idea. Only thing, early in the year it might still be a little warm.

Let's hope so!!

I couldn't believe this year the UNI game was the coldest game of the year besides NDSU. But I was feeling pretty warm during that one!

I think starting at 6:00 will be a good idea. One half with the sun setting and one half under the lights...should be good.
                                I still like the idea of a Nov. 1st Hobo Day though for 2008. But the decision has been made...I'm hoping those last three games aren't attendance "stinkers". No reason they should be, but we all know how Nov. games go when the opponent isn't NDSU.

Go Jacks!!
                                Last edited by propar80; 12-13-2007, 08:52 AM.
                                SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Working...
                                X