Oct. 18 @ Southern Utah
    Oct. 25 UC Davis
    Nov. 1 @ Cal Poly
    Nov. 8 TBD
    Nov. 15 @ North Dakota State
    (corrected schedule)
    "I think we'll be OK"

Re: 2008 Schedule

The 2008 schedule is a 12-game schedule due to the extra Saturday in the fall. Nov. 22 would be a possible game date, I believe......

Comment

I thought that resolution failed at the last meetings?

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks99
        I thought that resolution failed at the last meetings?
        Yes it did--but I think Nighthawk is referring to a rule that, because of where the saturdays fall vis a vis Labor Day, once every four years there is an extra Saturday in the football season, and the NCAA allows 12 games in that year.
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I think I vaguely remember that. Do most I-AA and I-A teams chose to schedule 12 games on those "leap" years?

Comment

Originally posted by filbert
            The 2008 football schedule, from the 2006 Football media guide:
            Aug. 30 at Iowa State
            Sep. 6 TBD
            Sep. 13 Western Illinois
            Sep. 20 Nicholls State
            Sep. 27 @ Stephen F. Austin
            Oct. 4 McNeese State
            Oct. 11 TBD
            Oct. 18 @ Southern Utah
            Oct. 25 UC Davis
            Nov. 1 @ Cal Poly
            Nov. 8 TBD
            (corrected schedule)
            With SDSU to the Gateway starting in '08, does SDSU stay with their Southland OOC's based on the signed home-n-homes? Then only the GWFC games vs SUU, UC-Davis and Poly get replaced.
            Already have Western IL & NDSU scheduled, so see those and $$$ game at Iowa St. as set.

Comment

My guess is that they may be stretched into future years.
              "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
              -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by EQguy
                My guess is that they may be stretched into future years.
                That would be a correct guess.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit
                  [quote author=filbert link=1158777919/0#0 date=1158777919]The 2008 football schedule, from the 2006 Football media guide:
                  Aug. 30 at Iowa State
                  Sep. 6 TBD
                  Sep. 13 Western Illinois
                  Sep. 20 Nicholls State
                  Sep. 27 @ Stephen F. Austin
                  Oct. 4 McNeese State
                  Oct. 11 TBD
                  Oct. 18 @ Southern Utah
                  Oct. 25 UC Davis
                  Nov. 1 @ Cal Poly
                  Nov. 8 TBD
                  (corrected schedule)
                  With SDSU to the Gateway starting in '08, does SDSU stay with their Southland OOC's based on the signed home-n-homes?  Then only the GWFC games vs SUU, UC-Davis and Poly get replaced.  
                  Already have Western IL & NDSU scheduled, so see those and $$$ game at Iowa St. as set.[/quote]

One could assume the Gateway Conference games would be scheduled during the last 9 Saturdays of the season with one team getting a bye each week. For 2008 that would Sep 27-Nov 22. If that is the case we can play Iowa State and Nicholls State. Depending when our bye is we could play SFA or McNese during a bye week from conference play, but ideally a team needs a bye during the conference season to heal up. So it looks like we need to find games on Sep 6 and Sep 13. It would be nice to keep the same opponents because we would have 6 home and 6 away games all against D-1 competition. So it looks like SFA and McNese will have to move to one of those Saturdays in early September, another season or get bought out (i hope that doesn't happen).
                  Go Big! Go Blue! Go Jacks!

Comment

There is likely some flexibility with the scheduling. SDSU will make a return trip to Stephen F. Austin at some point and if SFA insists that SDSU will be playing them on Sept. 27, 2008, then SDSU will be there and the Gateway will certainly work (at least within reason) with existing contracts that SDSU and NDSU already have. As for McNeese and Nicholls, SDSU made those trips to Lousiana and are counting on them for a return trip. (Personally, I was hoping for a Cajun-themed Hobo Day on 2008......)

Don't count on that game date with Western Illinois being changed to later in the season.....I'm guessing that SDSU-NDSU will likely continue to be held during on the last two weeks of the season, however........

Comment

Don't count on that game date with Western Illinois being changed to later in the season.....I'm guessing that SDSU-NDSU will likely continue to be held during on the last two weeks of the season, however........
                      I liked how the NDSU game turned out to be the last game of the season. A natrual build up all season then the big one. Especially, like last year with the show down for the conference championship. Let's make that annual event in the Gateway.

Comment

Another benefit of having NDSU as the last game of the year is the attendance. Cold weather games are generally pretty poor draws for us. With that being the rivalry game and NDSU bringing a thousand-plus fans makes a huge difference for what would otherwise be a lower attended game.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks02
                          Another benefit of having NDSU as the last game of the year is the attendance. Cold weather games are generally pretty poor draws for us. With that being the rivalry game and NDSU bringing a thousand-plus fans makes a huge difference for what would otherwise be a lower attended game.
                          That could easily be several thousand NDSU fans (and vice versa when the game is in Fargo) if both teams continue to play well and are consistently battling for a conference title and postseason berths.

Comment

Originally posted by NightHawk78
                            [quote author=Jacks02 link=1158777919/0#11 date=1173316249]Another benefit of having NDSU as the last game of the year is the attendance.  Cold weather games are generally pretty poor draws for us.  With that being the rivalry game and NDSU bringing a thousand-plus fans makes a huge difference for what would otherwise be a lower attended game.
                            That could easily be several thousand NDSU fans (and vice versa when the game is in Fargo) if both teams continue to play well and are consistently battling for a conference title and postseason berths. [/quote]

Which is exactly what BIG-TIME College Football is all about. our record attendance was the SDSU game last year, with a lot of help from ya'll.

Comment

I am hoping that SDSU will play Cal Poly in 2008. My worry is that there are no buy outs with the GWFC contracts and there will be with the Southland contracts.

Comment

Working...
                              X