Oct. 25 at Indiana State
    Nov. 1 Missouri State
    Nov. 8 Illinois State
    Nov. 15 at Southern Illinois
    Nov. 22 at NDSU

Go State!  

Comment

Re: Football schedules, 2009 and beyond

The 208 schedule on the Terry's blog doesn't show a game agains Illinois St.  I have asked Terry if that is a possible 12th game, an error or if we aren't playing a full Gateway schedule next year.  (see 89rabbit's link in the previous post)

Addition to original post.

Terry has updated the blog and added Illnois State, the 12 game.

Comment

Re: Football schedules, 2009 and beyond

Originally posted by Rabbit74
        The 208 schedule on the Terry's blog doesn't show a game agains Illinois St.  I have asked Terry if that is a possible 12th game, an error or if we aren't playing a full Gateway schedule next year.  (see 89rabbit's link in the previous post)
        I was wondering exactly the same thing. Only 3 home Gateway games were listed. Looks like its 4 now. Great schedule!!
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Re: 2008 Schedule

BEAUTIFUL!! You know what they say about playing the BEST....You become that much better!! One more congrats to the SDSU Athletics adminstration. "Hardest working guys/gals in SD"!!

Go Jacks!!
          SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Impressive schedule!

1) Nicholls State owes us a trip up here. Will that game occur in some future year or has the contract been bought out/cancelled?
            2) It's great to see six home games AND no lower-division schools on the schedule!
            3) Will Hobo Day be Oct. 4 or Nov. 1? Personally, I would like to see a Cajun-themed Hobo Day on Oct. 4, 2008!

Comment

After seeing that UNI dominated Iowa State yesterday, there is no reason we should not have a shot to win against our first FBS opponent.

We could get the best of both worlds - get a win against a FBS oppenent and take home a nice pay check.

Comment

How long before BCS (D1) teams stop scheduling FCS (1AA) schools to start the season? No one wants to be the next Michigan. If Minnesota struggles again this year against NDSU, do they start rethinking their scheduling strategy in the future? If I was an AD for a big time program, I'd rather schedule a poor D1 team than a solid 1AA school. I suppose money comes into play with what they pay a 1AA school over what they would have to pay a bottom-tier 1A school.
                "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post
                  How long before BCS (D1) teams stop scheduling FCS (1AA) schools to start the season? No one wants to be the next Michigan. If Minnesota struggles again this year against NDSU, do they start rethinking their scheduling strategy in the future? If I was an AD for a big time program, I'd rather schedule a poor D1 team than a solid 1AA school. I suppose money comes into play with what they pay a 1AA school over what they would have to pay a bottom-tier 1A school.
                  The odds are still with the FBS school, playing at home. Many of them would rather take their chances with an FCS school vs. a lower-tier FBS school, plus they can bring the FCS school in with a guarantee vs. probably having to give a home-and-home or a 2 for 1 with the lower-tier FBS. The games will still get played.

Personally, I say just cut the D-I scholarships to a max. of 75, require a minimum of 63, have individual schools declare themselves championship-eligible or bowl-eligible but not both, and get rid of the subdivisions entirely.

(Going further, restore D-II to 42 scholarships, have a new D-III limited to 20 scholarships, and have a non-scholarship division--D4? with no scholarships at all).
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I agree the the divisons need to be reworked. Changing D-I scholarship levels might be difficult, the 85-scholarship schools might resist, and some of the 63-scholarship schools might too resist.

The minimum of 63 scholarships would be a problem for the D-I non-scholarship programs. This could be resolved by "spinning off" D-I non-scholarship football into a parallel organization, something like the NAIA. That way, they could play in DI for all sports except football, and still keep playing football at an equivalent level of competition.

I like the idea of raising the scholarship levels in D-II. There's just too much of a gap between D-II scholarship levels and those in D-I. The NAIA should be absorbed by the NCAA and become the new D-III, and the existing D-III would become D-IV.

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit View Post
                      From Terry's Blog:

http://blogs.argusleadermedia.com/sports/category/sdsu/

The 2008 schedule:

Aug. 30 at Iowa State
                      Sept. 6 Youngstown State
                      Sept. 13 Western Illinois
                      Sept. 20 at Northern Iowa
                      Sept. 27 at Stephen F. Austin
                      Oct. 4 McNeese State
                      Oct. 18 Cal-Poly
                      Oct. 25 at Indiana State
                      Nov. 1 Missouri State
                      Nov. 8 Illinois State
                      Nov. 15 at Southern Illinois
                      Nov. 22 at NDSU

Go State! *
                      Thought it was a good time to get the 2008 schedule back front and center. Another nice home schedule with six home games. I hope we can expand the season ticket base even more than this year as it really helps the program getting those dollars in advance.

Comment

Probably a good time to start making reservations in Ames for the Iowa State game.

Anyone have input on where a great place to "stay and play" in Ames would be?

Thanks,

SUPERBUNNY
                        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                          Thought it was a good time to get the 2008 schedule back front and center. Another nice home schedule with six home games. I hope we can expand the season ticket base even more than this year as it really helps the program getting those dollars in advance.
                          I'm planning on buying 5 more next year!
                          "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                          -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                            Probably a good time to start making reservations in Ames for the Iowa State game.

Anyone have input on where a great place to "stay and play" in Ames would be?

Thanks,

SUPERBUNNY
                            I plan to attend. We should "take over" one of the local hotels. I have a friend who lives in Ames but who prefer to stay at a hotel with a bunch of Jackrabbit fans. There are several places out by the interstate but I'd favor something closer to campus. Someone in the know please provide some info.

As for season tickets, its a tough decision for me. I favor the east side for now. My kids don't like to sit in the reserved section. So, I take the $500 I would spend on season tickets and give it to the Jackrabbit club in addition to my other donations. Unless someone can compel me to do otherwise I'll probably continue to do just that.

I think I can make 9 games next year, awesome!!
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I am guessing that Hobo Day might be Nov 1 or Nov 8 to keep the fans interested and to keep attendance numbers higher.

Comment

Originally posted by 22jack View Post
                                I am guessing that Hobo Day might be Nov 1 or Nov 8 to keep the fans interested and to keep attendance numbers higher.

IMO, the Nov. 1st game would be perfect for Hobo Day. Need to change the Cal Poly to Friday night also...IMO, of course.

Go Jacks!!
                                SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Working...
                                X