• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bigticket1
    replied
    Re: GDT: LIU Sharks

Originally posted by filbert View Post
    I thought that Sanford Health had an X-ray machine in the SJAC?
    Wouldn't a knee injury require an MRI ?

Leave a comment:

• Jacked_Up
    replied

Attendance of more than 10,100 wasn't bad for a cool, rainy night against an unfamiliar opponent. Rain had been forecast for game time most of the week. That, no doubt, discouraged a lot of people from making the trip to Brookings.

Leave a comment:

• filbert
    replied

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    Too bad we don’t have an equipped X-ray truck and don’t have wait until tomorrow to find out s.the bad news. Walking with a limp does on surface seem encouraging, but only the X-ray machine knows.
    I thought that Sanford Health had an X-ray machine in the SJAC?

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied

10,103 attendance.
    I guess my guess of 8000 was low.

Leave a comment:

• 98Jackfarmer
    replied

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
    Hopefully, just a twisted knee, where things in the knee region just got stretched a little and were not ripped or torn, and will heal up rather quickly.....no medical expertise here , just hoping it's not real serious.
    I watched a trainer/doctor push around and kinda work and massage his knee cap area. He then proceeded to work around on the backside of the knee in the same fashion. Cade never really appeared to react to any of this. He had his helmet on the whole time though.

Leave a comment:

• jackdaniel
    replied

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    Too bad we don’t have an equipped X-ray truck and don’t have wait until tomorrow to find out s.the bad news. Walking with a limp does on surface seem encouraging, but only the X-ray machine knows.
    Hopefully, just a twisted knee, where things in the knee region just got stretched a little and were not ripped or torn, and will heal up rather quickly.....no medical expertise here , just hoping it's not real serious.

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied

Originally posted by tbcruiser View Post
    maybe reducing prices makes a differerence, but i really doubt even reducing tickets 25% (?) is made up by the equivenelant number of fans. as far as the quality of product on the field, you cannot find better quality players or play in South Dakota, not even close. i think we are searching for excuses.
    Regional college football just isn't as big a priority as local high school sports (their own kids) in South Dakota. Most people still like to associate with "big" schools for some reason, even if they have no real connection with the Nebraska's, Iowa's, ... of the world.
    Agreed. And season tickets are available for $125, which averages out to less than $18 per game. Which includes Hobo Day and the NDSU game.

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
    It was the right knee/knee area. We sit right behind the Jacks bench and without a doubt Cade was extremely upset/nervous about it. However, he was walking around without any real apparent signs of a limp, except when they iced him up and taped it on. Mike Struck kinda downplayed the injury in the postgame as well. Not sure if any of that means anything but that is what I observed.

Leave a comment:

• tbcruiser
    replied

maybe reducing prices makes a differerence, but i really doubt even reducing tickets 25% (?) is made up by the equivenelant number of fans. as far as the quality of product on the field, you cannot find better quality players or play in South Dakota, not even close. i think we are searching for excuses.
    Regional college football just isn't as big a priority as local high school sports (their own kids) in South Dakota. Most people still like to associate with "big" schools for some reason, even if they have no real connection with the Nebraska's, Iowa's, ... of the world.

Leave a comment:

• 98Jackfarmer
    replied

Sounds like some kind of knee/leg injury on the opening 2nd half kickoff.
    It was the right knee/knee area. We sit right behind the Jacks bench and without a doubt Cade was extremely upset/nervous about it. However, he was walking around without any real apparent signs of a limp, except when they iced him up and taped it on. Mike Struck kinda downplayed the injury in the postgame as well. Not sure if any of that means anything but that is what I observed.

Leave a comment:

• salemjack
    replied

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
    Good luck with that. IMO they are maximizing $ this way. I find it hard to give tickets away!
    I’ll take the tickets anytime. My broke bum ain’t making any other game than the drake one next weekend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• filbert
    replied

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
    If the revenue remains the same, common sense says get more people cheering in the stands, empty seats do no good.
    What you need to do to increase attendance, in addition to putting the team on the field that people want to watch and upgrading the game day experience, is just absolutely blanketing Sioux Falls with promotional advertising. Ideally, you wouldn't be able to turn around (or throw a dead Viking/Coyote) without seeing an SDSU Athletics ad.

This is however rather expensive (as are putting successful teams on the field and upgrading the game day experience).

Leave a comment:

• jackdaniel
    replied

Originally posted by tbcruiser View Post
    perhaps, what is that ticket price that will fill the stands? not so sure that ticket price is making such a big difference, perhaps a few hundred "fans", but not thousands in my view.
    If the revenue remains the same, common sense says get more people cheering in the stands, empty seats do no good.Of course, the revenue gained has to be equal or greater selling tickets cheaper,......but with cold weather approaching, you know how cold affects attendance , unless it's a really big game.I wish someone could develop some kind of magic formula to ticket pricing that is guaranteed to produce the best revenue stream from ticket sales.More people in the stands makes for a better game experience, which helps ticket sales , so, that's a side benefit with putting more butts in the stands vs leaving them empty.

Leave a comment:

• filbert
    replied

Originally posted by goon View Post
    What happened to cade. I missed it
    Sounds like some kind of knee/leg injury on the opening 2nd half kickoff.

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied

What happened to cade. I missed it

Leave a comment:

Working...
X