• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WestSideRabbit
    replied
    Re: GDT: LIU Sharks

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
    Credit to the LIU D line. They were definitely undersized, but they used their speed to their advantage and our big guys had trouble with their DL staying low and getting by them quickly. From what I could tell, either adjustments were made, or their DL just couldn't keep that up the whole game.
    I think I need to stop watching it. My evaluation keeps getting worse on the rewatch. haha

Also, Caleb Sanders is on his way to becoming one of my favorite players! NW IOWA POWER

Leave a comment:

• CappinHard
    replied

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
    Did a second rewatch (just the first half) and am trying to figure out what was going on with the OL.

Matt Clark and Eddie Miller were terrible and allowed penetration on most plays. Kanin pretty consistently had someone in his face. His incompletion to Adam Anderson was because he had someone in his face. His long completion to Cade was underthrown because he got crushed. He may not be a D1 QB but our OL didn't play like a D1 OL.
    Credit to the LIU D line. They were definitely undersized, but they used their speed to their advantage and our big guys had trouble with their DL staying low and getting by them quickly. From what I could tell, either adjustments were made, or their DL just couldn't keep that up the whole game.

Leave a comment:

• WestSideRabbit
    replied

Did a second rewatch (just the first half) and am trying to figure out what was going on with the OL.

Matt Clark and Eddie Miller were terrible and allowed penetration on most plays. Kanin pretty consistently had someone in his face. His incompletion to Adam Anderson was because he had someone in his face. His long completion to Cade was underthrown because he got crushed. He may not be a D1 QB but our OL didn't play like a D1 OL.

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

Originally posted by SidelineObserver View Post
    About four yards or four years in the NFL, take your pick.
    What a insult that was. I have not forgotten. Kolpeck and Dom should know better, but I suppose they could not resist.

Leave a comment:

• SidelineObserver
    replied

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    Lets hope we can do this against NDSU. It would be a total surprise. How long is a zenner again?
    About four yards or four years in the NFL, take your pick.

Leave a comment:

• westernjack
    replied

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
    I want to see more Quinton Hicks.
    yeah he definitely looks like the real deal. Be very interesting to see how the coaches handle him, try to preserve the redshirt or let him play more than the 4 games

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
    Some excellent videos being produced.
    https://twitter.com/gojacksfb/status...816234497?s=21

If you don’t want to come and watch this defense in person that is your own fault and I feel sorry for you. ��
    Lets hope we can do this against NDSU. It would be a total surprise. How long is a zenner again?

Leave a comment:

• 2002jack
    replied

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post

If you don’t want to come and watch this defense in person that is your own fault and I feel sorry for you. ��
    I want to see more Quinton Hicks.

Leave a comment:

• UWMandSDSU
    replied

Leave a comment:

• jakejc795
    replied

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
    Sounds interesting and fun, but JI doesn't pay well enough to devote that much time to it.
    Well, then you'd also have relatively low pay in common with UPD, so you could really walk a mile in their shoes.

Leave a comment:

• SturgisJeff
    replied

geez just how big is the UPD? rent a cops? former cops? who are they? as for me after 25+ years in law enforcement on the federal level and doing resort security the past 3 yrs my opinion is the police should not confront people with a heavy handed presence. more problems are caused by the cops who work with attitudes. maintain a presence where you can be seen but only interact when there is a problem. don't be the one who starts it. be in the back ground let people enjoy themselves but be alert for trouble and when you interact dont be the heavy.

Leave a comment:

• WestSideRabbit
    replied

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
    The replay of the LIU coach's post-game comments definitely are worth a listen. Sometimes we Jackrabbit fans take for granted how impressive SDSU's football program has become at the D-1 level in a relatively short time. I'm guessing it won't be long before we see LIU ranked high and in the playoffs every year.
    LIU is going to do well in the NEC. They really impressed me and with a stable coaching staff, they will do well.

Leave a comment:

• WestSideRabbit
    replied

Originally posted by westernjack View Post
    I agree. 2 other things that I think played into lack of attendance could have been
    1. Lose to Minnesota- a lot of people watched that game on tv and saw us literally give away a game we should have won. Even though we played very good, it leaves people with thoughts that this is going to be the same type of team we've had in the past. Really good but still not going to get over the hump in big games
    2. Gibbs being out. There are also a lot of people that were really excited to see our new star qb in action and when he was questionable early in the week and ruled out on game-day I'm sure some people were disappointed that they were going to be watching a backup junior playing against a transitional opponent we have no history at all with
    I'll agree with your first point. I heard that from many many people.

I'll disagree on your second post. Most fans had no idea Gibbs wasn't playing or that he was even questionable. No media besides Ross Uglum with the Bison Report even reported it. Zim confirmed it in his live chat but only us diehards really hang out on that thing.

Leave a comment:

• Jacked_Up
    replied

The replay of the LIU coach's post-game comments definitely are worth a listen. Sometimes we Jackrabbit fans take for granted how impressive SDSU's football program has become at the D-1 level in a relatively short time. I'm guessing it won't be long before we see LIU ranked high and in the playoffs every year.

Leave a comment:

• westernjack
    replied

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
    Attendance of more than 10,100 wasn't bad for a cool, rainy night against an unfamiliar opponent. Rain had been forecast for game time most of the week. That, no doubt, discouraged a lot of people from making the trip to Brookings.
    I agree. 2 other things that I think played into lack of attendance could have been
    1. Lose to Minnesota- a lot of people watched that game on tv and saw us literally give away a game we should have won. Even though we played very good, it leaves people with thoughts that this is going to be the same type of team we've had in the past. Really good but still not going to get over the hump in big games
    2. Gibbs being out. There are also a lot of people that were really excited to see our new star qb in action and when he was questionable early in the week and ruled out on game-day I'm sure some people were disappointed that they were going to be watching a backup junior playing against a transitional opponent we have no history at all with

Leave a comment:

Working...
X