X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• goon
    replied
    Re: GDT: @ USD Mangy Dogs

The refs had questionable calls both teams. The holding or PI they missed late in the game sure seemed like they let what looked like usd player start tackling our wr well before the ball got there. Then we had to punt. The targeting usd player had I don't think should have been called. We had a 15 yard penalty seemed out of place too. Maybe would need to see more replays. Hd nieces birthday and family gathering so Was hard to hear and pay close attention the whole game.

Leave a comment:

• SteelSD
    replied

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
    Lol I got banned for one post that wasn’t much worse than when Zim or Garry mentioned several times how long it’s been since usd has beaten us. But what can you expect from people who had to go to school down there? Poor guys....

I mean, think about this. There are going to be people walking around who can legally smoke and buy lotto tickets who weren’t born the last time usd beat us. That’s awesome. Making it to drinking age would be even better. Or the highway speed limit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I defend you and look what happens, haha!

Leave a comment:

• CappinHard
    replied

Originally posted by slosho View Post
    ^^ He's right you know^^ one strip and the game is lost.
    Couldn't a strip have happened on normal running plays too? Probably more likely there than having TC in control of the situation imo.

Leave a comment:

• SanDakotaState
    replied

It's to bad that both USD and NDSU fans have to cry when they lose to SDSU. There is always something like "dirty plays", refs, fake injuries/cramps, the cold, not a big enough handicap for them, etc. Its not like SDSU doesn't have a miss call that isn't in their favor or momentum taken away because of an injury. I hate excuses. Every team is going to have to overcome something at some point. It's just part of the game. Give credit where credit is due.

Stig has done a tremendous job. The program is where it is at because of him and they type of players and coaches that he has brought on. To say that he wanted players to fake cramps to slow down USD's offense is asinine. What is asinine is that they got damn near 600 yards but only scored 28 points.

This weekend could have gone better but it did end GREAT!

Leave a comment:

• slosho
    replied

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
    A few thoughts:

8) Terrible facility to watch a football game, in person or otherwise. The sideline closest to the camera was invisible most of the game on tv.
    Equally invisible when in the stands! Worst venue in College football. Tear it down, Yesterday. I felt Like I was in Mass with all the stand up sit down BS cus nobody could see up front so they stood and then so did everybody else.

Leave a comment:

• thumper_76
    replied

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
    Bummer, just got banned from the USD board by calling out one of their administrators for calling our team cheaters. Hmm, sore losers down there...
    Lol I got banned for one post that wasn’t much worse than when Zim or Garry mentioned several times how long it’s been since usd has beaten us. But what can you expect from people who had to go to school down there? Poor guys....
    Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
    Meh...who gives a sh**. Quite the board they got down there with, what, 3 posters? Quick question...who was in office the last time they beat us? Seriously, it's been that long...
    I mean, think about this. There are going to be people walking around who can legally smoke and buy lotto tickets who weren’t born the last time usd beat us. That’s awesome. Making it to drinking age would be even better. Or the highway speed limit.

Leave a comment:

• Mr_Tibbs
    replied

A few thoughts:

1) I don't think the cramping was intentional

2) If it was, I don't really care.

3) USD didn't lose because of cramps, fake or otherwise

4) 9 straight

5) Their best start to a season in 15+ years resulted in losing 4 out of their last 5, a rape scandal, and possibly missing the playoffs. Best in the "Dakota's" indeed.

6) Jacks Fans sounded really loud on the radio/TV

7) We may see them again in two weeks

8) Terrible facility to watch a football game, in person or otherwise. The sideline closest to the camera was invisible most of the game on tv.

9) Jacks are 20-3 against USD since 1990.

Leave a comment:

• UWMandSDSU
    replied

If you get a cramp early you are screwed the rest of the game. It’s hard to play catch up with fluid and electrolytes when it happens. I believe I saw Cox, Hildahl and possibly Backhous go down with cramps? I can’t believe they would be faking, that seems like sour grapes, but whatever. If that is why they are calling cheaters, so be it.

It is not unusual to be able to relieve the cramp and go back in a few plays later.

I could go on and on about muscle cramps since I get paid to work w/ athletes who suffer from them but I won’t bore you.

Leave a comment:

• mango4
    replied

Originally posted by slosho View Post
    Taryn was going to go down before that could happen.

Leave a comment:

• slosho
    replied

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
    Don't care what anybody says. Those last three plays are firable offenses. Waaaay to much could have and nearly did go wrong. Stupefying dumb. It worked. Barely. But in my opinion, it was massive stupidity.

Leave a comment:

• BigGoosie13
    replied

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
    It seemed worse then it was. Factor in other injuries; Kern, shoulder. Genant, concussion. Workman, shoulder and it seemed like a lot of injuries to go with the 3-4 cramps. Then all of the flags and the pace of the game was really poor.
    They were booing Workman, who would have collapsed walking off the field if the trainer didn't catch him. It's rich how high some of these USD peeps are holding their heads. Twitter is full of some gold right now.

Leave a comment:

• trueblue
    replied

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    Isn't a play called dead after a whistle blows ? I definitely heard a whistle on the TV broadcast before Chase tried to throw the ball. Stig also said they heard it on the sideline. I thought he said that this isn't reviewable, but it seems to me that players might let up if they hear a whistle which likely would affect the play.
    Mike Struck said the same on the radio broadcast.

Leave a comment:

• CappinHard
    replied

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
    My other thoughts are ouch wait, cramp in my hand.........
    Lol, must spread rep.

I don't really think the cramps were fake. Even if they were, so what? This is a tried and true method of slowing down a fast paced offense. However, I highly doubt Cox would have wanted to miss that many plays since you have to sit out for at least one play. I didn't watch close enough to see if he was always out one play then came right back in.

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
    It was the same player every time so I’m inclined to believe he was actually cramping. And I believe it started happening early in the game.

This would be my conclusion as well. The notion that Stig and staff planned the cramping is pure nonsense.
    Every break between plays is a bonus for a emotionally charged game like today. It had to help USD catch their breathe.

Leave a comment:

• WestSideRabbit
    replied

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
    Any thoughts on the cramping? Yote fans believe it was on purpose. I only saw a couple cramps, but I wasn’t actually at the game.
    It seemed worse then it was. Factor in other injuries; Kern, shoulder. Genant, concussion. Workman, shoulder and it seemed like a lot of injuries to go with the 3-4 cramps. Then all of the flags and the pace of the game was really poor.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X