X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Justwin
    replied
    Re: GDT: @ USD Mangy Dogs

I'm ready for us to start acting like we are the better team and just do it rather than this gimmick bs.

Leave a comment:

• YanktonJack7
    replied

Stig said the fake FG was an "interesting call." Not sure if it was an audible by Hale and Vinatieri based on USD jumping offsides or what. Hopefully it doesn't come back to bite.

Leave a comment:

• SUPERBUNNY
    replied

Oh, and that fake field goal made no sense. We have the best kicker in FCS kicking inside a dome and we run a fake instead of points on the board? He's a Vinatieri and is genetically breed for this stuff!

I'm no football genius but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night and I would have kicked it.

No more coaching blunders by Stig, please!!!

SUPERBUNNY

Leave a comment:

• SUPERBUNNY
    replied

The good news is we didn't play well and are up by 3 and we are a second half team. The bad news is we had some chances to shut the door on the Yotes and instead they have the belief they are in it.

Our refusal to go for the throat when we get up is really inexcusable. Those two drops by Weineke were huge!!!

SUPERBUNNY

Leave a comment:

• thumper_76
    replied

Originally posted by filbert View Post
    Looks like he's short-arming potential catches for some reason.
    Almost wonder if it’s a rib issue then? Now that you mention it that’s completely what it looks like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Southeast
    replied

Wild game. Those two quarters could not have been any more different and I'd hate to have to predict which team is going to win.

The pass definitely seems to be there for SDSU. Those two drops by Jake were big ones.

I've seen multiple SDSU players slip, including a couple on some of those long runs, the kick returner (twice) and Vinatieri on that fake FG.

What's going on with the long runs? The Midco guys are not even attempting to break it down. It's like our LB and safeties are in another zip code.

Leave a comment:

• Theee Catrabbit
    replied

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
    WTF are the Jacks doing faking the FG
    I think Vinatieri thought it was going to be encroachment and maybe that's an automatic audible. Kind of when the QB sees the offsides he goes for a deep strike usually. And Chase would have been right, except for evidently it's ok to run into the opponents backfield as long as you get back(it's not for the record). the flag should have stood.

Leave a comment:

• SoDakJack
    replied

On 3rd and 22, Jacks don't use any timeouts and let the clock run and run. Streveler throws incomplete. 4th down from the SDSU 37. USD will punt.

Touchback. :27 left in the half.
    There have been times this season that I wonder if there is a bonus for the coaches based on the number of timeouts they have left.

Leave a comment:

• YanktonJack7
    replied

Jacks run a fake knee and give it to Mengarelli who gets 8 yards. The clock runs out.

Interesting clock management by the Jacks there.

Half: SDSU 17, USD 14

That was the same play they ran against the Bison in the playoffs last year

Leave a comment:

• YanktonJack7
    replied

On 3rd and 22, Jacks don't use any timeouts and let the clock run and run. Streveler throws incomplete. 4th down from the SDSU 37. USD will punt.

Touchback. :27 left in the half.

Leave a comment:

• SoDakJack
    replied

Jacks dodge a couple possible late hit flags...and our best defense is the USD line

Leave a comment:

• SoDakJack
    replied

Can we just sell out to stop the run and take our chances? Uff da

Leave a comment:

• filbert
    replied

That's a play you don't run more than once in a season.
    I wonder if it wasn't a read based on the "encroachment" flag. A "free play" that turned out not to be so free.

Leave a comment:

• YanktonJack7
    replied

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
    I know it worked against Montana State...but I just don't see why, if you are going to go for it, you don't let your all valley offense do it.
    That's a play you don't run more than once in a season.

Leave a comment:

• filbert
    replied

Originally posted by MilbankJack View Post
    I've been wondering the same thing all year
    Looks like he's short-arming potential catches for some reason.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X