Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NDSU Nov 4th

Originally posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Is it true a big crane near the stadium has a Bison flag on it?
    Poor attempt at disguised trolling (avoiding accusations of making crap up by putting it in the form of a question)...that's a little below you, isn't it? Seems to me if such a flag was flying, you'd be posting a picture.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
      Poor attempt at disguised trolling (avoiding accusations of making crap up by putting it in the form of a question)...that's a little below you, isn't it? Seems to me if such a flag was flying, you'd be posting a picture.
      Sadly, I live in Sioux Falls, so I could not check it out. Actually not trolling. Sounded like (I got this 3rd hand) someone called into Bison 1660 saying this. I would not at all be surprised due to the 2012 USD situation as it was absolutely true that day. Figure someone on this board lives in Brookings and can look.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
        Weather somewhat reminiscent of 2007. Just sayin'.

So we can expect 10,000 Jack fans, 5,000 Bison Fans & 4,000 empty seats?

Comment

Sadly, I live in Sioux Falls, so I could not check it out. Actually not trolling. Sounded like (I got this 3rd hand) someone called into Bison 1660 saying this. I would not at all be surprised due to the 2012 USD situation as it was absolutely true that day. Figure someone on this board lives in Brookings and can look.
          Actually you have tried to get someone to bite on multiple sites. It is pretty easy to confirm or not confirm. The crane in question would be at the Wellness Center. There is a webcam, and the answer is no. But you probably already knew that.

Comment

"Actually not trolling." That's cute. I don't think the definition of what may be trolling in a particular situation is left up to the person doing the trolling. You are invited to take it to smack. Now, on the other hand, if such a flag was flying I suppose it would be a semi-legitimate topic in this thread (my guess is the discussion would quickly break down to smack anyway).

How about this one: You assert a fact and then come back with "Figure someone on this board lives in Brookings and can look." We're not going to play a game of someone asserting something as fact and apparently resting on that assertion until someone proves them wrong. I know you're smarter than that.

We're going to try to keep smack out of this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by scbison View Post
              So we can expect 10,000 Jack fans, 5,000 Bison Fans & 4,000 empty seats?
              I just went to the bisonville page and the last 3 pages were all about the attendance. It is being talked about here, too.
              I thought I could get a feel for what some people thought of the game but it isn't looking to promising.
              As for attendance, I would like SDSU butts in the seats but I really want to see somebody's butts there. Brookings isn't as big as Fargo and SDSU hasn't won several national championships recently so it isn't the same.

Comment

"Actually not trolling." That's cute. I don't think the definition of what may be trolling in a particular situation is left up to the person doing the trolling. You are invited to take it to smack. Now, on the other hand, if such a flag was flying I suppose it would be a semi-legitimate topic in this thread (my guess is the discussion would quickly break down to smack anyway).

How about this one: You assert a fact and then come back with "Figure someone on this board lives in Brookings and can look." We're not going to play a game of someone asserting something as fact and apparently resting on that assertion until someone proves them wrong. I know you're smarter than that.

We're going to try to keep smack out of this thread.
                To defend TSCF, the flag comment was on Bison 1660 today...so he didn't make it up to "troll". It ended up either not being true, or it was taken down already. My guess is it wasn't true...but the point is TSCF did not troll...he was actually trying to confirm a rumor he heard on the radio. Like you said yourself, TSCF is better than that...so maybe you were being a little too sensitive?

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                  I just went to the bisonville page and the last 3 pages were all about the attendance. It is being talked about here, too.
                  I thought I could get a feel for what some people thought of the game but it isn't looking to promising.
                  As for attendance, I would like SDSU butts in the seats but I really want to see somebody's butts there. Brookings isn't as big as Fargo and SDSU hasn't won several national championships recently so it isn't the same.
                  The weird thing about being a Bison fan is that cold weather games are very rare. SDSU is the only driveable FCS game and there hasn't been one in November since 2007.

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
                    To defend TSCF, the flag comment was on Bison 1660 today...so he didn't make it up to "troll". It ended up either not being true, or it was taken down already. My guess is it wasn't true...but the point is TSCF did not troll...he was actually trying to confirm a rumor he heard on the radio. Like you said yourself, TSCF is better than that...so maybe you were being a little too sensitive?
                    My characterization was "poor attempt at disguised trolling". I'll stick with that. Throwing out a stink-bomb in the form of a question appears to me to be an attempt -- certainly not the worst, but an attempt none the less -- to do a little trolling. With the big game coming up, I prefer this thread be available to discuss the game. People are welcome to smack away in the smack section.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
                      Weather somewhat reminiscent of 2007. Just sayin'.
                      For context and to refresh some memories, here's a story from GoJacks.com archives about the 2007 game at Coughlin which ended SDSU 29, NDSU 24, giving NDSU its first loss that season and snapping an overall 14-game win streak. http://www.gojacks.com/news/2007/11/17/1321241.aspx

Jacksfaninne's memory of the similar weather is pretty accurate. Saturday's game forecast is reminiscent of the 2007 game weather: 38 degrees at 1:00 pm kickoff, wind 15 mph from the east.

Comment

My characterization was "poor attempt at disguised trolling". I'll stick with that. Throwing out a stink-bomb in the form of a question appears to me to be an attempt -- certainly not the worst, but an attempt none the less -- to do a little trolling. With the big game coming up, I prefer this thread be available to discuss the game. People are welcome to smack away in the smack section.
                        Yes, because you don't ever admit you could be mistaken...we've been down this road before. Just thought I'd enlighten you...but I know you don't care. I do know there are those on here that do appreciate the rest of the story...so I thought I'd throw that out there for them...and to try and save a little of TSCF's street cred. Sad when a supermoderator paints somebody as a troll when it just isn't true. Carry on.

Comment

I would think if he is a regular listener to Bison 1660 he would by now know that a lot of things said on the air by callers, and some hosts prove to be, well shall we say... not true. Very few fan bases spread falsehoods like our friends to the north.

Comment

so maybe you were being a little too sensitive?
                            Yep.

Comment

Look, guys and gals, this thread should remain open for discussion, opinion, speculation etc. about Saturday's game. We're going to try to send most of the pot-stirring (and some of the pot-stirrers) elsewhere. Every year when we play NDSU, there tends to be an uptick in irritating b.s. I'm not convinced that we have to tolerate in a thread such as this one, attempts to do nothing more than cause some irritation. So, a flag will be thrown once in a while and almost always the ruling on the field will stand.

Comment

Look, guys and gals, this thread should remain open for discussion, opinion, speculation etc. about Saturday's game. We're going to try to send most of the pot-stirring (and some of the pot-stirrers) elsewhere. Every year when we play NDSU, there tends to be an uptick in irritating b.s. I'm not convinced that we have to tolerate in a thread such as this one, attempts to do nothing more than cause some irritation. So, a flag will be thrown once in a while and almost always the ruling on the field will stand.
                                Yes, let's have the censored "open" discussion...as in only when you agree with it. You got called out (by me) and you refused to admit you could be wrong. Now you write this...way to hide behind the moderator badge. That is sad. I'm done with this topic...made my point...

Comment

Working...
                                X