Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NDSU Nov 4th

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I think people get a little defensive too quickly around here.

I saw nothing wrong with TSCF's question, nor TAB coming to his D.
    Agreed.

Comment

My opinion is it is more annoying to see people constantly complaining about what they perceive as smack. If you would just ignore it and move on it would go away. Also if there is a little jabbing back and forth that makes for some good discussion. I don't know any of the bison posters but the ones being called out seem to be a few of the good ones so calling them out for something so minor seems a little ticky tacky.

Comment

I’m with you TAB, a few years ago I made a prediction that came true and I came back and affirmed my prediction and I had a moderator give me a personal insult. He took it off the next day but didn’t have the balls to apologize. I’ve pretty much stayed off since.

Comment

Originally posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
          If you can point it my smack, more than happy to. I did see a moderator smacking....

Moderators are people too. And I did ask nicely.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
            If your moderator wouldn't have stuck his nose in this, nothing would have happened...just sayin'.
            Just trying to keep this particular thread from going off the rails. I wasn't pointing fingers in any particular direction but things were . . . deteriorating a bit much for my taste.

There's a smack thread available for all of everybody's smack needs, that I suggest all y'all avail themselves of, if y'all should feel the urge. Or, what the hell, start another one of your own!
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by Carolina010 View Post
              My opinion is it is more annoying to see people constantly complaining about what they perceive as smack. If you would just ignore it and move on it would go away. Also if there is a little jabbing back and forth that makes for some good discussion. I don't know any of the bison posters but the ones being called out seem to be a few of the good ones so calling them out for something so minor seems a little ticky tacky.
              Smack is in the eye of the Beholder.

Did you ever play Dungeons & Dragons?

http://dnd.wizards.com/dungeons-and-...sters-beholder
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

At least the weather forecast is improving: Weather.com lists the following for Saturday: Cloudy, High of 48, winds SE at 10-20 mph. Looks like the Carharts won't be necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                  At least the weather forecast is improving: Weather.com lists the following for Saturday: Cloudy, High of 48, winds SE at 10-20 mph. Looks like the Carharts won't be necessary.

48 degrees and a brisk wind can be a bit nippy . . .
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                    I think people get a little defensive too quickly around here.

I saw nothing wrong with TSCF's question, nor TAB coming to his D.
                    Well at least we are holding tightly to the claim of most sensitive board in the conference. My goodness

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                      Well at least we are holding tightly to the claim of most sensitive board in the conference. My goodness

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Yet people wonder why there's a lack of discussion at times. Don't take things so personal, life is too short. Not every post has to be a bland generalization that everyone should agree upon. If that's the case, why even have the forum? I could program bots to do that for us.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                        Yet people wonder why there's a lack of discussion at times. Don't take things so personal, life is too short. Not every post has to be a bland generalization that everyone should agree upon. If that's the case, why even have the forum? I could program bots to do that for us.
                        I see this issue as being the Targeting Call of message boards. Often the refs make a judgement based on what they think they saw rather than what actually happened to be safe.

And it seems when it comes to our friends from Fargo or the friends from Vermillion the flags come out a little faster than against anyone else.
                        -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                          Running a tight ship is one thing but the blatant double standard is ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                            Running a tight ship is one thing but the blatant double standard is ridiculous.
                            Thank you...and thanks to all who have called this out.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                              I see this issue as being the Targeting Call of message boards. Often the refs make a judgement based on what they think they saw rather than what actually happened to be safe.

And it seems when it comes to our friends from Fargo or the friends from Vermillion the flags come out a little faster than against anyone else.
                              Don’t forget we also had a targeting call against Farina against UNI, the difference is the reviews confirmed the call. I don’t think it’s a double it’s the society we live in if come close to the head your gonna get a flag.
                              Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Back on topic of stuff you guys may not have seen. Here is the current info sent out by NDSU:

https://www.ndsualumni.com/2017/ndsu...e-fooball-game

I will be tailgating on Saturday. If you want to swing by for a beer, have some good food, would love to meet you. In attendance, will be Bisonville legends TSCF, BisonTeach, and Gully. Seriously, your life may be complete if you swing by, so do it! And yes, if you guys pull it out, I'll post pictures again of being harassed at work. (It was so very painful last year......) No, no pictures of TAB doing inappropriate things (old school board folks will know) as he has ditched us for this one......

Comment

Working...
                                X