• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bigticket1
    replied
    Re: 2019 Recruiting List

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
    Shane Ramon Daily, Jr. - WR - Bellevue, NE verbals to SDSU. We were his only D1 offer along with a bunch of area D2 schools.

https://twitter.com/shanedaileyjr/st...71545932886016
    Undersized (kind of like a current Jack WR from Nebraska who isn't doing too bad) that was injured a lot in his junior year, which may have kept bigger schools from getting involved. If you look at his highlight video, he caught an unbelievable number of long TD passes.

Leave a comment:

• BTownJack
    replied

Shane Ramon Daily, Jr. - WR - Bellevue, NE verbals to SDSU. We were his only D1 offer along with a bunch of area D2 schools.

https://twitter.com/shanedaileyjr/st...71545932886016

Leave a comment:

• UWMandSDSU
    replied

Kieran Clark verbals to Nevada.

CB/WR - Kieran Clark***, 6'0" 185, Peoria, AZ (Centennial) - HUDL
    Offers: BYU, Hawaii, Wyoming, NAU

Leave a comment:

• JACKGUYII
    replied

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
    Von Young IV verbals to Missouri St.
    LB - Von Young IV, 6') 200, Independence, MO (Fort Osage) - HUDL
    Offers: Missouri State, Pitt State - KS, Missouri (PWO)

Kendric Nowling verballed to Eastern Michigan (this past summer).
    Safety/LB - Kendric Nowling, 6'1" 190, Chicago, IL (Marist) - HUDL
    Offers: Illinois State, Indiana State, UND, UNI, Western Illinois, Eastern Michigan, Seton Hill
    Kind of surprised at Von Young. Guess being close to home was most important part for him.

Leave a comment:

• WestSideRabbit
    replied

WR - Xavier Guillory***, 6'2" 195, Spokane, WA (Lewis & Clark) - HUDL verbals to the Airforce Academy https://twitter.com/GuilloryXavier/s...17785118720001

Leave a comment:

• UWMandSDSU
    replied

Von Young IV verbals to Missouri St.
    LB - Von Young IV, 6') 200, Independence, MO (Fort Osage) - HUDL
    Offers: Missouri State, Pitt State - KS, Missouri (PWO)

Kendric Nowling verballed to Eastern Michigan (this past summer).
    Safety/LB - Kendric Nowling, 6'1" 190, Chicago, IL (Marist) - HUDL
    Offers: Illinois State, Indiana State, UND, UNI, Western Illinois, Eastern Michigan, Seton Hill

Leave a comment:

• rabbits64
    replied

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
    With their coaching staff turning over, it may be open season on Bison recruits. Maybe there's a couple of those guys that the Jacks want.

http://www.espn.com/college-football...man-head-coach
    My guess is that Stig getting a 5 year extension today is not by accident. Show recruits we have stability not coaching turnover. Lets go steal a few of them.

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
    Can't wait to watch the game from the Dykhouse balcony with them.
    D Wade is retiring, so maybe that will happen !

Leave a comment:

• BitsTD
    replied

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
    I believe CB is what WSR told me...to add to the Gabrielle is his aunt that makes Dwayne Wade his uncle.
    Can't wait to watch the game from the Dykhouse balcony with them.

Leave a comment:

• Jackedforlife
    replied

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
    Anyone know what position this young man is projected to play?
    I believe CB is what WSR told me...to add to the Gabrielle is his aunt that makes Dwayne Wade his uncle.

Leave a comment:

• BitsTD
    replied

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
    Torren Union commits tithe Jacks per his twitter. If you are wondering if he is in that Union family you would be correct. Gabrielle is his Aunt.
    Anyone know what position this young man is projected to play?

Leave a comment:

• Jacked_Up
    replied

With their coaching staff turning over, it may be open season on Bison recruits. Maybe there's a couple of those guys that the Jacks want.

http://www.espn.com/college-football...man-head-coach

Leave a comment:

• NWHSUandSDSU
    replied

Torren Union commits tithe Jacks per his twitter. If you are wondering if he is in that Union family you would be correct. Gabrielle is his Aunt.

Leave a comment:

• JACKGUYII
    replied

Great win yesterday! Now, let's a few more pieces to this talented and deep team!

Leave a comment:

• slosho
    replied

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
    You are correct in that most of these kids will not make it. However, they are very good about giving kids a chance. One of my son's best friends from high school would have jumped at an offer from UNL or SDSU coming out of high school. He didn't get either and took an offer from DII University of Nebraska, Kearney. After one year of starting at that level he took a walk-on opportunity with the Huskers. Ended up starting on special teams for 3 years and as a fullback for two years. His last year serving as one of their captains and then had opportunities with the Falcons and Vikings this last summer and fall. Those types of stories happen all the time at all levels of football. When they happen at Nebraska, it generates a cult like following from the coaches, players, parents and small town media. Everyone buys into it and those are the stories people remember. Then the next batch of recruits come in and the next group of walk-ons sign on instead of taking an opportunity with an FCS or DII program.

Frost is taking more Nebraska sons as walk-ons than any of his predecessors since Coach Tom O. I don't see that changing. If he takes an one additional scholarship athlete from our signing class each year, it could be the next Josh Manchigiah, Makiah Slade, Marquise Lewis, Cade Johnson, Isaac Wallace, Luke Sellers, Jack Domandle, Elijah Wilson, or Ryan Earith. There are more Nebraska Jacks, but it's usually one of our top recruits that they often get from our Nebraska class. How many of these players would have taken Frost's offer that his predecessors would not have taken? Losing half of those listed above would be like losing one high profile recruit out of Nebraska each year.

Take a look at the five previous classes for Nebraska prior to Frost taking over. Two players that we recruited hard took PWOs from the Huskers instead of coming to Brookings or another college. Last year Frost flipped LB Joey Johnson from Gretna from an SDSU offer. This year he's already flipped Luke Reimer and Grant Detlefsen from SDSU commitments. He's also taken more Nebraskan's with SDSU offers this year than were taken in the previous six years combined. That's a trend I see continuing. Dan Jackson has been amazing on the recruiting trail. If we lose him, there will be a huge void for locking up future Nebraska Jacks. Jackson has been amazing and I can't believe he won't garner well deserved consideration from others in the future.
    They must not teach economics in Nebraska. If I was recruiting kid's I'd be sure to sell that with what college cost these days. The cost to walk on, Man. Big time Cost if you don't see the field year 1.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X