• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WestSideRabbit
    replied
    Re: 2019 Recruiting List

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
    Good stuff! Do you think we will lose any of our Nebraska Jack's verbals to PWO to Nebraska?
    Not sure. Reimer, Johnson, and Darnell are all HUGE gets for us. Norblade is a solid PWO. GophorHole can talk more about their traits.

I'm worried about the fact that every Nebraska kid dreams about playing for the Huskers. Frost did that "Nebraska" day last year after he was hired and brought in all of the top in state kids and they got a bunch of verbals/flips from that. I'm interested to see if they try that again. Their season is over so it frees up the coaches to get in these schools and living rooms. It wouldn't shock me if we lost a couple but it would still be disappointing.

Leave a comment:

• JACKGUYII
    replied

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
    Basten is in. Offensive line is full with Vibert, Donald, Westendorf, Basten, Beerntsen, and Beck.

Nothing new on Hull and DePriest. I imagine it might be a tough sell getting a RB to Brookings right now with both Wilson and Strong around for 3 more years.

I feel like DePriest will wait for the spring signing period and hope that someone in the Big 10 comes calling.

Wide Receiver targets are Michael Love, Marqui Johnson, and Treyton Welch. I think we are out on Welch but feel good about Love and Johnson. Unless a Big 10 or Notre Dame come calling I think we have Love. Wouldn't surprise me if Welch and Hull end up at Wyoming together. Bohl has really been dipping into Minnesota with recent pickups of Latrell Bible and Devonne Harris.
    Good stuff! Do you think we will lose any of our Nebraska Jack's verbals to PWO to Nebraska?

Leave a comment:

• WestSideRabbit
    replied

Any update on remaining scholarships. Penning, Hull, DePriest, Basten, Jiles. Perhaps we are full at Offensive lineman slots?
    Basten is in. Offensive line is full with Vibert, Donald, Westendorf, Basten, Beerntsen, and Beck.

Nothing new on Hull and DePriest. I imagine it might be a tough sell getting a RB to Brookings right now with both Wilson and Strong around for 3 more years.

I feel like DePriest will wait for the spring signing period and hope that someone in the Big 10 comes calling.

Wide Receiver targets are Michael Love, Marqui Johnson, and Treyton Welch. I think we are out on Welch but feel good about Love and Johnson. Unless a Big 10 or Notre Dame come calling I think we have Love. Wouldn't surprise me if Welch and Hull end up at Wyoming together. Bohl has really been dipping into Minnesota with recent pickups of Latrell Bible and Devonne Harris.

Leave a comment:

• JACKGUYII
    replied

Michael Love is another one at receiver. Seems his stock continues to rise.

Leave a comment:

• JACKGUYII
    replied

Any update on remaining scholarships. Penning, Hull, DePriest, Basten, Jiles. Perhaps we are full at Offensive lineman slots?

Leave a comment:

• thumper_76
    replied

Have to imagine all of those in state recruits came away impressed with the continued superiority over USD and the facilities regardless of the cold conditions!
    I feel like there was a strategy behind bringing in state recruits to this specific game for some reason lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• JACKGUYII
    replied

Originally posted by Project-Badass View Post
    There were a lot of in-state recruits that I saw at the game.

2019:

Carter Slykhuis, WR/CB, Tea Area

2020:

Aaron Kusler, LB, Roosevelt

Adam Kusler, LB, Roosevelt

Caleb Dwyer, DL, Roosevelt

Jett Lamb, OG/DL, Sully Buttes

Will Washenberger, OL, O'Gorman

Liam Sorensen, OL, O'Gorman

2021:

Tyler Feldkamp, WR, Roosevelt

Joey Hughes, CB, Roosevelt
    Have to imagine all of those in state recruits came away impressed with the continued superiority over USD and the facilities regardless of the cold conditions!

Leave a comment:

• WestSideRabbit
    replied

Great pickup! Any other recruits attend the USD game? Noticed a kicker from Kearney.
    Ethan Vibert, Jordan Gandy, Payton Madison, Jocquet Jiles and Chase Norblade. I think Jiles could be a backup plan in case Evan Hull doesn't work out. However, getting any RB to commit with Strong and Wilson in the fold for the next three years is going to be challenging.

Leave a comment:

• Project-Badass
    replied

Great pickup! Any other recruits attend the USD game? Noticed a kicker from Kearney.
    There were a lot of in-state recruits that I saw at the game.

2019:

Carter Slykhuis, WR/CB, Tea Area

2020:

Aaron Kusler, LB, Roosevelt

Adam Kusler, LB, Roosevelt

Caleb Dwyer, DL, Roosevelt

Jett Lamb, OG/DL, Sully Buttes

Will Washenberger, OL, O'Gorman

Liam Sorensen, OL, O'Gorman

2021:

Tyler Feldkamp, WR, Roosevelt

Joey Hughes, CB, Roosevelt

Leave a comment:

• BTownJack
    replied

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
    A lot of 2020 hopefuls.
    I also saw a lot of kids walking around with recruit lanyards on. All the ones I noticed were 2020 from what I could tell.

Leave a comment:

• UWMandSDSU
    replied

A lot of 2020 hopefuls.

Leave a comment:

• JACKGUYII
    replied

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
    Norblade verbals per his Twitter account.

WR/CB - Chase Norblade, 6'2" 180, Papillion, NE (Papillion La Vista South) - HUDL

Leave a comment:

• UWMandSDSU
    replied

Norblade verbals per his Twitter account.

WR/CB - Chase Norblade, 6'2" 180, Papillion, NE (Papillion La Vista South) - HUDL

Leave a comment:

• Jacks-02
    replied

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
    https://twitter.com/MarquiJohnson/st...381451264?s=19

Marqui Johnson Saguaro HS announced he has an offer

Best player I coached against this yr. He transferred from their rival school and was supposed to sit out all yr but appealed and only had to sit out first 5 games... Played kinda a hbrid RB/HB/slot role for them.....

Saguaro has 20 players with division 1 offers so it's they non 6A program in the state
    Tape looks great. Good speed and a shifty, strong runner.

Leave a comment:

• joeboo22
    replied

https://twitter.com/MarquiJohnson/st...381451264?s=19

Marqui Johnson Saguaro HS announced he has an offer

Best player I coached against this yr. He transferred from their rival school and was supposed to sit out all yr but appealed and only had to sit out first 5 games... Played kinda a hbrid RB/HB/slot role for them.....

Saguaro has 20 players with division 1 offers so it's they non 6A program in the state

Leave a comment:

Working...
X