GDT: @NDSU in the Quarterfinals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: @NDSU in the Quarterfinals

I will give credit to Stig for calling out the fans for not showing up last week. He gained a lot more points for me.

If we wany the team to take the next step we, as fans, need to as well. We should never see an attendance under 10k for a home game again.
    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
      I know the blame ultimately falls on Stig, but I think this is on his coordinators.
      Who hired the coordinators?

This Teflon Stig stuff, I don't know. Yes, I know I can be "that guy," but if today was OK/satisfying to you, we'll never agree. The reasons I feel like I do go way back, I suppose, but until we beat NDSU in the playoffs, nothing has changed.

OK, I've said my piece. I'm out.
      Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
        Who hired the coordinators?

This Teflon Stig stuff, I don't know. Yes, I know I can be "that guy," but if today was OK/satisfying to you, we'll never agree. The reasons I feel like I do go way back, I suppose, but until we beat NDSU in the playoffs, nothing has changed.

OK, I've said my piece. I'm out.
        Maybe you need to read back more than a few posts. I'm just as critical of the staff as anyone.

Stig trusts his coordinators...ultimately that's his biggest fault in this game.

Comment

• GDT: @NDSU in the Quarterfinals

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
          We lost it by not going for it. You play to win the game. On the other hand i will put it out there: NDSU will not stop winning National Championships until NDSU decides it wants to stop losing National Championships. It is the FCS equivalent of UConn women's basketball. They will get the better players every time. Why wouldn't they, a kid wants to play in front of 19000 RABID, DIEHARD, BLEED GREEN fans every week quaranteed. They want to be seen on ESPN all the time, they want to win a National Championship and hope they get a shot at the pros. They don't want to freeze their asses off out in December. It just doesn't matter what any other team does. If you aren't willing to go for it on every 4th down. You will not win against NDSU, SDSU and Montana have proven that.

That being said I will still show up for every game ready to scream as loud as I can and hope for the occasional Dakota Marker win and beating everybody else. Keep Stig, keep the staff, it's the best one we can get for the money and location.

and no NDSU doesn't cheat, that's a ludicrous ****ing statement. They don't have to.
          FIFY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just realized I didn't wear my yellow shirt today and got a haircut last Sunday, this loss is on me guys, sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
              Just realized I didn't wear my yellow shirt today and got a haircut last Sunday, this loss is on me guys, sorry.
              See this is why we don't have nice things....

Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                What the hell are you talking about? NDSU doesn't cheat. My god.

He's saying that in jest but his point is the grass might not be greener if we'd fire Stig. And he's touting his ethics. Stig is 2nd to none when it comes to "doing the right thing".

Comment

My mind keeps going back to that 20 play 12 minute drive NDSU had.

I STILL can't believe that.

I'm pretty sure that's the first time I've ever seen a 20 play drive. Unreal.
                  "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                    We lost it by not going for it. You play to win the game. On the other hand i will put it out there: NDSU will not stop winning National Championships until NDSU decides it wants to stop losing National Championships. It is the FCS equivalent of UConn women's basketball. They will get the better players every time. Why wouldn't they, a kid wants to play in front of 19000 fans every week quaranteed. They want to be seen on ESPN all the time, they want to win a National Championship and hope they get a shot at the pros. They don't want to freeze their asses off out in December. It just doesn't matter what any other team does. If you aren't willing to go for it on every 4th down. You will not win against NDSU, SDSU and Montana have proven that.

That being said I will still show up for every game ready to scream as loud as I can and hope for the occasional Dakota Marker win and beating everybody else. Keep Stig, keep the staff, it's the best one we can get for the money and location.

and no NDSU doesn't cheat, that's a ludicrous ****ing statement. They don't have to.
                    Hopefully JMU makes the national championship decision for NDSU next week. As for the Jacks, it'll be interesting to see how the Jacks' defensive backfield will look next year.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                      My mind keeps going back to that 20 play 12 minute drive NDSU had.

I STILL can't believe that.

I'm pretty sure that's the first time I've ever seen a 20 play drive. Unreal.
                      They picked up that 3rd and 23 at the very beginning of that drive.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                        They picked up that 3rd and 23 at the very beginning of that drive.
                        I think 5 total 3rd downs that drive...multiple 8+yds...
                        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                          We are a top 4 seed without those losses.

This staff has to learn how to coach in big games...how to get the guys to perform
                          I agree to some extent, but to say we haven't performed in big games is a bit ridiculous.

Were the first NDSU game, the YSU game, the UNI game, or the Nova game not big games?

NDSU is simply at another level compared to the rest of the FCS come playoff time. I suspect the result next week for James Madison will be much the same.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                            What the hell are you talking about? NDSU doesn't cheat. My god.

No they don't. Just in overtime and playoff games. That's how they have all that hardware in the trophy case.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                              Hopefully JMU makes the national championship decision for NDSU next week. As for the Jacks, it'll be interesting to see how the Jacks' defensive backfield will look next year.
                              more concerned about the DL
                              With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                                I agree to some extent, but to say we haven't performed in big games is a bit ridiculous.

Were the first NDSU game, the YSU game, the UNI game, or the Nova game not big games?

NDSU is simply at another level compared to the rest of the FCS come playoff time. I suspect the result next week for James Madison will be much the same.
                                I would hesitate to use Nova as an example. We got very, very lucky to pull that out. Just because we win doesn't necessarily mean we played well.

The Cal Poly games and the Illinois St game are much bigger failures than those other games were successes.

Comment

Working...
                                X