GDT: @NDSU in the Quarterfinals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: @NDSU in the Quarterfinals

NDSU-SDSU was the most watched FCS playoff game ever....

NDSU Broadcasting
    ‏@NDSUbroadcast
    NDSU vs South Dakota St breaks FCS record for TV viewership..(1.98 million per @SportsTVRatings) Beats Montana vs App. St (1.87 in 2009)
    https://twitter.com/NDSUbroadcast/st...87768847155200

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
      NDSU-SDSU was the most watched FCS playoff game ever....

https://twitter.com/NDSUbroadcast/st...87768847155200
      I hope they all grew tired of SDSU's dominance over NDSU after the 1st quarter and changed the channel....!
      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
        Since it keeps getting brought up, I'll keep defending the reversal.

Watch the replay.

The third camera angle, at the 11:37 mark...based on the previous two angles(11:23 and 11:30), you can clearly see that when Paris' left foot makes contact with the turf, it is out of bounds. No, you can't see the ball because he's behind the ref, but you can clearly see the goal line, and you can clearly see Paris (the ball) isn't anywhere near the goal line, until almost a second later, when Paris hand and ball emerge from behind the ref and cross the goal line.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]856[/ATTACH] (foot is already down out of bounds)
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]857[/ATTACH] (almost a second later ball crosses goal line)

I guess my glasses aren't blue and yellow enough, but it was a pretty simple reversal.

Not to mention the 4th angle which is pretty straightforward as well....at the 11:46 mark.
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]858[/ATTACH]
        The fact this argument is ongoing suggests that it wasn't indisputable. Add me to the list of those that didn't think it should be reversed. Announcers felt the same way.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
          The fact this argument is ongoing suggests that it wasn't indisputable. Add me to the list of those that didn't think it should be reversed. Announcers felt the same way.
          Wow...he shows you pictures that prove his point...yet you still argue. You guys are fun. Just can't admit when you are wrong. Seriously...is it that big a blow to your fandom to admit the refs got the call right? Oh wait, the announcers said, blah, blah, blah...disregard the proof shown. Yep. Got it.

Don't ever change.

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
            Wow...he shows you pictures that prove his point...yet you still argue. You guys are fun. Just can't admit when you are wrong. Seriously...is it that big a blow to your fandom to admit the refs got the call right? Oh wait, the announcers said, blah, blah, blah...disregard the proof shown. Yep. Got it.

Don't ever change.
            Haha. He might of stepped out, looks possible on the picture. Disputable though.

As for the game, you can't let NDSU repeatedly sit back and take shots on 3rd and long. Have to blitz and bring pressure. So what if you give up a big play. At least you give yourself a chance. Given that we couldn't stop them on 3rd down the Best thing that could have happened was a quick score by NDSU so the Jacks could get the ball back. How's that for retrospection???
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
              Haha. He might of stepped out, looks possible on the picture. Disputable though.

As for the game, you can't let NDSU repeatedly sit back and take shots on 3rd and long. Have to blitz and bring pressure. So what if you give up a big play. At least you give yourself a chance. Given that we couldn't stop them on 3rd down the Best thing that could have happened was a quick score by NDSU so the Jacks could get the ball back. How's that for retrospection???
              Still disputable with the picture. Mkay. Don't ever change. This reminds me of the black knight scene in the Holy Grail. Your arm just got cut off and you are denying it. At least saying it is disputable. The SDSU Black Knights. That might make a good beer label for next year...

Comment

Small consolation. Just saw this posted on Facebook by NDSU Football. The FCS quarterfinal last Saturday morning was the most watched FCS game ever. More people know about SDSU today than this time last week. 1.98 million viewers.

Go Rabbits!

Comment

Those pictures of the Paris TD run and indisputable evidence are about as clear as the Missouri River and makes the TD call stand.

Does the ref and replay official watch the replay in full speed? Who knows the replay rules. I believe plays are watched without still pictures or even slow motion. The NFL officials watch replays at full speed thus the indisputable evidence and many calls not being reversed even though tv or videoboards show still sots or slow motion replay.

Comment

Originally posted by Hareofthedog View Post
                    Those pictures of the Paris TD run and indisputable evidence are about as clear as the Missouri River and makes the TD call stand.

Does the ref and replay official watch the replay in full speed? Who knows the replay rules. I believe plays are watched without still pictures or even slow motion. The NFL officials watch replays at full speed thus the indisputable evidence and many calls not being reversed even though tv or videoboards show still sots or slow motion replay.
                    They can slow down or stop...they absolutely do not have to watch it at full speed.

Once again, another Jack that cannot handle the truth when it is right in front of your eyes. Some of you guys are downright embarrassing to your fan base.

Comment

They can slow down or stop...they absolutely do not have to watch it at full speed.

Once again, another Jack that cannot handle the truth when it is right in front of your eyes. Some of you guys are downright embarrassing to your fan base.
                      Pot calling the kettle black big bird?

Comment

And that sounds like a guess on replays. Show the replay rules. It's not the video board or espn views that matter. Everyone thinks the officials get all those angles, views and pictures but they don't thus not many plays are over turned. The meaning of indisputable and those still pictures are far from the meaning of the word of having no doubt. It's not whether you are a fan of either team when discussing replay rules.

Comment

• GDT: @NDSU in the Quarterfinals

And that sounds like a guess on replays. Show the replay rules. It's not the video board or espn views that matter. Everyone thinks the officials get all those angles, views and pictures but they don't thus not many plays are over turned. The meaning of indisputable and those still pictures are far from the meaning of the word of having no doubt. It's not whether you are a fan of either team when discussing replay rules.
                          They have all the TV angles available. The reason most aren't overturned is because it has to be indisputable, there has to be no doubt that the call is wrong. Usually that isn't the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

TransAm - you seem like a good guy and a great reasonable fan. Instead of hanging out on our board and commenting on the 3-4 Jacks fans who seem to be a bit unreasonable at times, you'd probably be a lot better served trying to persuade the 100+ crazies on Bisonville or AGS who are giving your fan base a black eye on the daily.
                            "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                              TransAm - you seem like a good guy and a great reasonable fan. Instead of hanging out on our board and commenting on the 3-4 Jacks fans who seem to be a bit unreasonable at times, you'd probably be a lot better served trying to persuade the 100+ crazies on Bisonville or AGS who are giving your fan base a black eye on the daily.
                              I rarely go to AGS...most of the posts there are just awful.

I do post on Bisonville as well...but I have to say it is just good entertainment to use logic and reason against your illogical fans here. I've had the same fun on Bisonville.

I spent hours on Saturday discussing football, strategy, etc with Thumper. Good times. Guess what...not one argument.

I get to play with these few here...but it is the job of the rest of you to shut them up and stop them from embarrassing themselves and you as a fanbase. Instead, most of you just sit quietly and fume. If you guys shut down these irrational ones it would ruin my entertainment. Until them, I'll enjoy using facts and they can continue with their silly rebuttals.

Comment

You really have no clue...but please go on. Please tell us more about how football is handled. Please let it be noted, we do have a college ref on bisonville that gives us regular lessons...but I suppose that doesn't matter to you. Just continue on...I'm sure you know more than him.

Comment

Working...
                                X