Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: @NDSU in the Quarterfinals

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    That's part of being a very competitive league. We had the same problem in the NCC. Mike Daly knew how to win, but his best season was 7-3 and 7-4. I think both Mike and Stig played by the rules. We could go get some hot shot who cuts corners and goes 15-0 with a NC, but we forfeit it the following year due to several NCAA infractions. Meanwhile we fire the hotshot and he moves on to NDSU. The thing that does keep me a big fan is the morality of the coaches. I am not speaking of the spiritual nature of Coach Stig which is not a requirement, but his respect and willingness to follow all the other rules.
    Has NDSU had any of their NC seasons vacated?

The performance issues aren't because of our coaches "morality." It is because, for whatever reason, they just seem to not be able to put the players in the best position to win the game when it matters most.

It is a game plan failure. It has nothing to do with these guys as people.
    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackbacker123 View Post
      Men's basketball team is a borderline dumpster fire, best player on women's team may have a serious knee injury and the FB team gets embarrassed on national TV. Yikes ��!!!!!
      As good as last weekend was this one is shaping up to be far worse!

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
        As good as last weekend was this one is shaping up to be far worse!
        At least the men's men's basketball team has reasons for their struggles. There is no excuse for this football team to keep making the same mistakes

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
          Has NDSU had any of their NC seasons vacated?

The performance issues aren't because of our coaches "morality." It is because, for whatever reason, they just seem to not be able to put the players in the best position to win the game when it matters most.

It is a game plan failure. It has nothing to do with these guys as people.
          Unlike you, I am not sophisticated enough to judge the coaches and their decisions. Lots of things went wrong today, but I dont think we hang it on any one individual. No, NDSU has not vacated a NC, my smiley in case you did not notice was intended as a joke. For years, I have often wondered about NDSU, they too run a clean program and any coach at NDSU more than earns their pay with a more demanding fan-base. I guess following rules is not the moral thing to do.

Comment

Anyone have a replay of Goedert's apparent punch?
            Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

It may be time for a Stig retirement. Somehow we need to get over the hump. Just don't know that this staff can do it. We have the facilities, we have a lot of the players needed, there's not many other parts.

Sad day for the Jacks!

Basketball s a son just started!

SUPERBUNNY
              MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                I missed the first quarter. Did it happen then or later?

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                  They asked Goedert about that in the postgame and he said he was trying to punch the ball out and that he didn't hit Dempsey. He also said Dempsey would confirm that, FWIW.

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                    It may be time for a Stig retirement. Somehow we need to get over the hump. Just don't know that this staff can do it. We have the facilities, we have a lot of the players needed, there's not many other parts.

Sad day for the Jacks!

SUPERBUNNY
                    FWIW, Stig said he'd be back next year in the post game interview.

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post

Sad day for the Jacks!

SUPERBUNNY
                      I know the blame ultimately falls on Stig, but I think this is on his coordinators.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                        That's part of being a very competitive league. We had the same problem in the NCC. Mike Daly knew how to win, but his best season was 7-3 and 7-4. I think both Mike and Stig played by the rules. We could go get some hot shot who cuts corners and goes 15-0 with a NC, but we forfeit it the following year due to several NCAA infractions. Meanwhile we fire the hotshot and he moves on to NDSU. The thing that does keep me a big fan is the morality of the coaches. I am not speaking of the spiritual nature of Coach Stig which is not a requirement, but his respect and willingness to follow all the other rules.
                        What the hell are you talking about? NDSU doesn't cheat. My god.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I know the blame ultimately falls on Stig, but I think this is on his coordinators.
                          This. Both of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                            FWIW, Stig said he'd be back next year in the post game interview.
                            I think he would be smart to hang around a few more years. I myself retired too soon, and its those last few years which determine how much pension you receive monthly. Gov. Duguaard mentioned in his budget address, that the SD pension fund is in great shape and better than most states. So for no other reason, he will probably be with us for a while longer. I am sure one of the many team goals next year will be win 10 or more games.

Comment

We lost it by not going for it. You play to win the game. On the other hand i will put it out there: NDSU will not stop winning National Championships until NDSU decides it wants to stop losing National Championships. It is the FCS equivalent of UConn women's basketball. They will get the better players every time. Why wouldn't they, a kid wants to play in front of 19000 fans every week quaranteed. They want to be seen on ESPN all the time, they want to win a National Championship and hope they get a shot at the pros. They don't want to freeze their asses off out in December. It just doesn't matter what any other team does. If you aren't willing to go for it on every 4th down. You will not win against NDSU, SDSU and Montana have proven that.

That being said I will still show up for every game ready to scream as loud as I can and hope for the occasional Dakota Marker win and beating everybody else. Keep Stig, keep the staff, it's the best one we can get for the money and location.

and no NDSU doesn't cheat, that's a ludicrous ****ing statement. They don't have to.
                              With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Rough game. Rough rough game.

I'll be honest, after the called back TD and subsequent INT, I had to pull myself away from the tube and went and helped one of my daughters with some school stuff. Really helped calm the nerves.

Heard Tyler and Mike talking about some chippiness on the radio a short while later.

Too bad we had to resort to that.

Good game Bison, you really showed us who the boss is. Blast you all!
                                "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Working...
                                X