Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016 Playoffs: Bizun

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
    I'm shocked by the level of arrogance by NDSU fans about this game. I know I shouldn't be, but I am.

We beat them in nearly every facet the first game and they're lucky it wasn't a 34-17 game. I don't see us wasting red zone opportunities this week as we have seemed to solve that problem from earlier in the year. IMO, Easton Stick is the wildcard for them. I wasn't that impressed with him the two games I watched this year (USD and SDSU) but he put up big numbers other times including last week. I would also look for the Bison offensive line to try and establish themselves early after a lackluster performance in the first match-up. I hope our DL and LB's are ready to go. I just don't see NDSU slowing down our offense unless TC has another wild throwing day.
    That must be some red-hot arrogance because every time I've peeked over there arrogance seems to be the one common denominator. That, and gratuitous profanity disguised as analysis. Not smack, defensible observation, Mods.

Comment

Intro video back on. Bison win...just like on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
        I'm sure Bison fans will find something else to whine about

Comment

Now you can get back to whining about our dirty play.

SUPERBUNNY
          MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
            That must be some red-hot arrogance because every time I've peeked over there arrogance seems to be the one common denominator. That, and gratuitous profanity disguised as analysis. Not smack, defensible observation, Mods.
            This is why I haven't been over there in at least 5 years. It was reprehensible then and has to be completely intolerable now.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Two things that I worry about.

1) Gottlob being hurt is worrisome. Our linebackers fly around because we have arguably the best D-tackle groups in the country who clog everything up which lets our LB's fly around. Take one of the DT's out of the rotation and it means more reps for everyone else. Those are big boys plugging up holes out there. An extra 10-20 snaps a game takes a toll on them. NDSU plays a style of ball where they want to go into the 4th quarter with the lead or close to it. They then pound you into submission. It worked against Iowa and almost worked against us last time. Say what you will about what the score should have been, we still just barely won. And one of the big keys to not letting NDSU run for a late 1st Down. Take out one of the big reasons why we stopped the run so well (our D-tackles and linebackers played fantastically) and maybe they break a couple runs that were stopped for short gains last game. Or maybe they get the extra 2 yards to pick up a late 1st Down. Gottlob will be missed as much for his spot in the rotation as his individual ability.

2) NDSU has had 6 games to come up with a better game plan for us. I remember going up to NDSU 2 years ago and watching Wentz running all over us on designed runs when we were geared up to stop his passing game. Things we clearly weren't ready for. Does NDSU come out and show an option look? Based on what our defense has shown this year (even Nova ran some options successfully until we finally figured it out), I wouldn't bet against it.

What I will say is this team has shown more of a willingness to take risks and make adjustments than any SDSU team that I can remember. Stig has faith in his asst coaches to game plan and is letting them do their thing. Our Defense brings pressure more than ever before - and it has worked. Our offense has shown growth and new wrinkles with every game. Just when everyone focuses on our passing game, we run all over USD and gouge NDSU with big runs. The worry for me in the past, going into the NDSU games, has always been "what is NDSU going to throw at us that we can't stop or aren't ready for". For the first time in decades, I think that worry is just as much in the NDSU coaches' minds as in our own. The team that wins this Saturday won't likely be the team that is out-coached, but out-played. I think SDSU has more team talent than NDSU right now. As a very-much biased observer, who is trying to look at this in an unbiased manner, I think SDSU is the team to beat on Saturday. I hope and believe that means SDSU wins on Saturday. I can't wait.
              "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Thought I would share some gifs I made for a post over on AGS. Hopefully we see plenty from these 3 this weekend.

Comment

That should make Goedert happy. I heard his interview on the McFeeley show. He clearly likes the Fargo Dome atmosphere and stated how fun it is. I also heard a few Bison fans were pretty unhappy that McFeeley had him on the show. They are a touchy bunch over there. I have a feeling the big Intro Video won't have much affect on the game.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                    I'm shocked by the level of arrogance by NDSU fans about this game. I know I shouldn't be, but I am.

We beat them in nearly every facet the first game and they're lucky it wasn't a 34-17 game. I don't see us wasting red zone opportunities this week as we have seemed to solve that problem from earlier in the year. IMO, Easton Stick is the wildcard for them. I wasn't that impressed with him the two games I watched this year (USD and SDSU) but he put up big numbers other times including last week. I would also look for the Bison offensive line to try and establish themselves early after a lackluster performance in the first match-up. I hope our DL and LB's are ready to go. I just don't see NDSU slowing down our offense unless TC has another wild throwing day.
                    If the team that I watched last week shows up, then we will have our door blown off.

Last time in Fargo we survived and won with thr help of a 3rd quarter fumble and some questionable play calls by the bison.

I think the jacks have a chance to pull this out, but they have to be smarter. Doesnt matter how many facets of the game we "won." It was still a last second play.

Play smart, coach smart. Otherwise it could be a long day.
                    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                      If the team that I watched last week shows up, then we will have our door blown off.

Last time in Fargo we survived and won with thr help of a 3rd quarter fumble and some questionable play calls by the bison.

I think the jacks have a chance to pull this out, but they have to be smarter. Doesnt matter how many facets of the game we "won." It was still a last second play.

Play smart, coach smart. Otherwise it could be a long day.
                      I agree we need to play better than last week, but not with the rest of your post. We dominated the Bison in that game and if not for self imposed mistakes inside the 10 and a blown touchdown call that game would have been a blowout for the Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                        I agree we need to play better than last week, but not with the rest of your post. We dominated the Bison in that game and if not for self imposed mistakes inside the 10 and a blown touchdown call that game would have been a blowout for the Jacks!
                        I would call them coaching mistakes inside the 10...that's my biggest concern for Saturday. We have the horses to beat anyone in the country. But often they are winning in spite of the decisions...
                        -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

I wonder if Paris will still be able to get those hard yards between the tackles against the bison. Didn't we rediscover him after that game?

Comment

Originally posted by sdsu_drake View Post
                            I wonder if Paris will still be able to get those hard yards between the tackles against the bison. Didn't we rediscover him after that game?
                            I think he will, yes his resurgence was after that game.

I can see him playing a big role in this game. Not only picking up key short yardage situations, but hopefully being a decoy. You know NDSU will key on Paris when he's in the game on those types of plays. I hope we are able to run some quick play action out of it.

Man, I am just so excited for the game. Less than 60 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
                              Doolittles is good, as is Porter Creek(same group owns it). I also like Lucky's 13 in the mall area. Downtown has more unique options...Blackbird Woodfire pizza, Rhombus Guys pizza, The Boiler Room, Wurst Bier Hall(German food).
                              These downtown options are all good. Blackbird catered my son's wedding reception at Fargo Brewing Co. The groom's dinner was at the Boiler Room. Rhombus has really good pizza. Granite City by the mall makes a good Cuban sandwich.
                              An ardent supporter of the hometown team should go to a game prepared to take offense, no matter what happens.Robert Benchley
                              US actor, author, & humorist (1889 - 1945)

Comment

If you want a good craft beer go across the river to Moorhead and hit Junkyard Brewing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X