2016 Playoffs: Bizun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016 Playoffs: Bizun

Have not had time to be over for the big discussion, but would love to meet a couple of you that post here and Bisonville. I will have a yellow tent set up just west of the Horney Bison guys. (everyone knows they are degenerates.....) Swing by for a beer and a warm up. I'll be out there at 6. White F150 with SD plates.

Comment

Originally posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
      Have not had time to be over for the big discussion, but would love to meet a couple of you that post here and Bisonville. I will have a yellow tent set up just west of the Horney Bison guys. (everyone knows they are degenerates.....) Swing by for a beer and a warm up. I'll be out there at 6. White F150 with SD plates.
      I think we partied with you and TAB the last time We were up for a playoff game. WE'll be around and Will try and come see you all!

Comment

Originally posted by jackfan86 View Post
        I usually watch SDSU games at K'ravn in Sioux Falls. I see the alumni are meeting at Shenangigans. Which bar will be the most fun to watch this game tomorrow?
        I'd say Shenanigans for sure but I've never been to K'ravn for any games.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
          Hey, it shows we were outcoached...I'm just saying I believe in our coaches...and I don't think Stig will find a new wrinkle to exploit this time.
          Well, we did run a PASS to Christion against UNI.

Against tradition, the Jackrabbits have run a play or two, in each game. Like we ran the quick sweep to Goedert for a TD. Then the Middle Screen to Goedert.

Problem is, MOST of the time, we seem to come back to them, if they have worked.

Stig used to brag about how the Jackrabbits played "boring" football. I can see him regressing to this tomorrow. Nothing fancy from Eidsness... just our regular draw/playaction stuff...with a few designed runs for Taryn, and a few screens (either for Goedert, or mangarelli)

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
            ...with a few designed runs for Taryn, and a few screens (either for Goedert, or mangarelli)
            I'll bet on the over for 50% of 3rd down (In this case I'm considering the swing pass a form of screen pass)

Comment

Also, I hope Rozeboom has a strip sack, a fumble recovery, and INT, 5 Tackles for loss and one defensive TD.

Never seen a kid more vilified for making one tackle, in my life.

He didn't head hunt, it wasn't a cheap shot, it wasn't a late hit. Yes, he twisted a guys ankle. That's what he had ahold of. It's unfortunate that it's the ankle that player had injured previously.

Comment

Also, I hope Rozeboom has a strip sack, a fumble recovery, and INT, 5 Tackles for loss and one defensive TD.

Never seen a kid more vilified for making one tackle, in my life.

He didn't head hunt, it wasn't a cheap shot, it wasn't a late hit. Yes, he twisted a guys ankle. That's what he had ahold of. It's unfortunate that it's the ankle that player had injured previously.
                You do not know it wasn't a cheap shot...so you can't say it wasn't. Just like no Bison fan can say it was because we don't know either. It didn't look good...but it is a contact sport. I can see the argument both ways...but we will never know. It is what it is.

Comment

You do not know it wasn't a cheap shot...so you can't say it wasn't. Just like no Bison fan can say it was because we don't know either. It didn't look good...but it is a contact sport. I can see the argument both ways...but we will never know. It is what it is.
                  You're right. We don't know.

But also Morlock absolutely destroyed our punt returner. Which definitely WAS a cheap shot, was penalized. And no one here is calling him a dirty player, for one play.

Just pointing that out.

That said. And I have said this multiple times, for multiple contests through the past several years. I have nothing but respect for the Bison players, coaches and program. It is a great program.

Comment

But also Morlock absolutely destroyed our punt returner. Which definitely WAS a cheap shot, was penalized. And no one here is calling him a dirty player, for one play.

Just pointing that out.

That said. And I have said this multiple times, for multiple contests through the past several years. I have nothing but respect for the Bison players, coaches and program. It is a great program.
                    Point definitely taken. No excusing the Morlock hit.

Comment

Have you been to B'ville to read how this kid is getting ripped apart and what should happen to him this next meeting? Your statements above are reasonable, but that isn't the sentiment that is being perpetuated by your NDSU counterparts. Coach is simply countering what the majority of the NDSU faithful have started. Have you expressed these same thoughts on B'ville with a plea to tone down the rhetoric? Your comments above would hold more weight on this board if there was actually a voice of reason on B'ville instead of talk of how "the hit is out" on this kid.

Comment

TAB - Thanks for being rational on this topic. I agree how Bison fans can see why it was dirty but no one but Rozenboom himself knows.

Comment

Originally posted by Bits View Post
                          Have you been to B'ville to read how this kid is getting ripped apart and what should happen to him this next meeting? Your statements above are reasonable, but that isn't the sentiment that is being perpetuated by your NDSU counterparts. Coach is simply countering what the majority of the NDSU faithful have started. Have you expressed these same thoughts on B'ville with a plea to tone down the rhetoric? Your comments above would hold more weight on this board if there was actually a voice of reason on B'ville instead of talk of how "the hit is out" on this kid.
                          I'm on Bisonville all the time...and I do have my own personal feelings on the play (which I have not shared here or there). I know what is being said there and I've stayed out of it. Saying what I said there would be spitting into the wind...it would serve nothing. Here, is serves the purpose of having civilized discussion with the opponent.

Comment

Just pointing that out.

I don't even think the Morlock hit was dirty. Just like Rozeboom, it was a player trying to make a play. Morlock tried to time his hit to make a big play, possibly a turnover, and he was just too early. Rozeboom was doing all he could to get the guy down, there are so many times where you see guys not able to hold on to an ankle and they'll go for a TD, he was trying to prevent that. The only thing that makes either of these plays dirty is the biased views depending on which side you're on.it

Comment

I'm on Bisonville all the time...and I do have my own personal feelings on the play (which I have not shared here or there). I know what is being said there and I've stayed out of it. Saying what I said there would be spitting into the wind...it would serve nothing. Here, is serves the purpose of having civilized discussion with the opponent.
                              I don't really care what bisonville thinks about the play. The interesting one is the guys on The Insiders trying to get people frothed up about it. I've heard them bring it up at least once a day, and I'm fairly sure it's cause they want people incredibly loud at the dome Saturday. Not sure I agree with the tactic though they obviously were going to have to talk about it, not sure it needs to be done every day vilifying a kid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Any word on Wallace for tomorrow? Is he ready to go after missing last week?

Comment

Working...
                                X