• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RochJack69
    replied
    Re: Playoffs 2016: Nova

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    Literally, I go insane with the layers.

Top half: Long sleeve thermal, short sleeve T, 2 long sleeve T's, a hoodie, a windbreaker, and a huge winter coat.
    Bottom half: tighty whities, thermal long johns, pajama pants, jogging pants, flannel lined jeans and coveralls.
    Feet: ankle socks, knee high socks, snowmobile socks winter boots

I stay perfectly warm.
    Whatever works, go with it. I use normal clothing with a snug, old fashioned snowmobile suit and coat and carry in a larger insulated coveralls in case I need it. (usually not) Typical ice fishing equipment if not using a shelter, which I rarely do. When done, just slip out of the snowmobile suit and ready to go anywhere. (restaurant, bar, ?) You can roll up coveralls smaller than what you might think. Army training, I guess.

Leave a comment:

• mnjackrbt
    replied

I just counted 6,306 unsold tickets on GoJacks. With easy math here, 19,000-6,000 = 13,000 fans in attendance. What am I missing here, for all of you throwing out guesses in the 6-10,000 range?

Leave a comment:

• RochJack69
    replied

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
    Prolly had too much wool on your feet. Made your feet sweat. Once they sweat your feet WILL get cold no matter how many pairs of socks you use.
    Remember to always use a sweat sock liner to wick away perspiration. Makes a difference to me especially with sweaty feet that get cold.

Leave a comment:

• mitchellrabbit
    replied

Originally posted by 22jack View Post
    Go to Wal-Mart and buy the Foot warmers that hunters use. They also make hand and body warmers. They make a big difference.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/HotHands-...s-3ct/19418992
    We bought hand, foot and body warmers last weekend. We are ready for the game. Plus i bought 2 club tickets and told my wife it was her Christmas present. Now we never buy each other anything for Christmas so it was a bonus for her.

Leave a comment:

• jackmd
    replied

I sprung for 7 club level seats. It's history in the making as far as I'm concerned and I'm going to be there if I can. On call the next weekend so this is my chance. The key to staying warm is layers. Use sock liners and yes the warmers for hands and feet are golden. I went to the Viking playoff game last year and my feet only froze after about halftime. That was WAY COLDER. Heck 30 degrees is warm as far as I'm concerned.

Leave a comment:

• RochJack69
    replied

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    See, I don't even remember EIU being that cold people...a testament to how exciting playoff football is...you don't even feel the weather!

Well, that and I look like this, except blue, not red....
    Mommy, I've got to go potty!!

Leave a comment:

• MontanaRabbit
    replied

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
    I was at the EIU game as well and the only place I noticed the cold were my feet. The rest of me was perfectly fine, but apparently doubling up on wool socks wasn't enough.

Even with cold toes, I enjoyed the experience and didn't regret it for a second. Plus I now get to say I saw a future NFL QB play live, even though the Jacks D didn't make him look like one in that game.
    Prolly had too much wool on your feet. Made your feet sweat. Once they sweat your feet WILL get cold no matter how many pairs of socks you use.

Leave a comment:

• BigGoosie13
    replied

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
    Any bar with that package should be able to get it. I think most Buffalo Wild Wings have it.

Ben's Bar in Yankton will have the game.
    Just gonna piggyback off this real quick, but for anyone in the Watertown area or passing through, Harry's in uptown always shows Jackrabbit games. They've got great food and 30ish taps, no liquor though, and they are kid friendly. I believe the couple that owns it are both young SDSU alums. I've caught 5 games there this season including last weeks Valley clincher. I assume they will show BB games, but last season I caught the SL Tourney at The Lounge.

Leave a comment:

• KUlawJack
    replied

Originally posted by gojacksgo View Post
    I won't be able to make the game this weekend. We will be in Omaha. Is there anyone on this board that could give me recommendations on any bars that would maybe have the game on? I"m not real familiar with the Omaha area bars. It looks like all of the playoff games this week are part of the ESPN College Extra package.
    Thanks.
    DJ's Dugout in downtown Omaha will have it. They carry everything. I watched NDSU/SDSU there this year.

Leave a comment:

• CappinHard
    replied

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
    I've been to all the late season games and this is the most realistic statement so far. Even 7,000 would surprise me. I'm all for surprises.
    Unless we have a huge walk up crowd and student turn out, I think right around 7,000 is the mark.

Leave a comment:

• 22jack
    replied

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
    I was at the EIU game as well and the only place I noticed the cold were my feet. The rest of me was perfectly fine, but apparently doubling up on wool socks wasn't enough.

Even with cold toes, I enjoyed the experience and didn't regret it for a second. Plus I now get to say I saw a future NFL QB play live, even though the Jacks D didn't make him look like one in that game.
    Go to Wal-Mart and buy the Foot warmers that hunters use. They also make hand and body warmers. They make a big difference.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/HotHands-...s-3ct/19418992

Leave a comment:

• jackmd
    replied

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
    Agree with all of the above. Reality is we still don't have a large enough hard-core fan base that will be their regardless of the ticket price, weather or vast array of other priorities on Saturday afternoon. If we hit more than 7,000 I will be pleasantly shocked! The apathy for late season/post season games is fairly prevalent in FCS with a few exceptions like in Fargo.
    I've been to all the late season games and this is the most realistic statement so far. Even 7,000 would surprise me. I'm all for surprises.

Leave a comment:

• jackmd
    replied

Originally posted by gojacksgo View Post
    I won't be able to make the game this weekend. We will be in Omaha. Is there anyone on this board that could give me recommendations on any bars that would maybe have the game on? I"m not real familiar with the Omaha area bars. It looks like all of the playoff games this week are part of the ESPN College Extra package.
    Thanks.
    Any bar with that package should be able to get it. I think most Buffalo Wild Wings have it.

Ben's Bar in Yankton will have the game.

Leave a comment:

• rabidrabbit
    replied

Ask bars of interest if can stream espn3 games. Found a bar in Baton Rouge with Rocu Stick, and celebrated the Jacks first win in Fargo this season. Stuff the DJD Saturday Jacks fans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• gojacksgo
    replied

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X