• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SF_Rabbit_Fan
    replied
    Re: Playoffs 2016: Nova

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    For the non-season ticket holder (casual fan) I could see ticket price being an issue. For the season ticket holder though it shouldn`t be. It doesnt make sense to me that someone who`s already invested several hundred dollars and six saturdays wouldnt want to be there for essentially the culmination of it all....if you dont bother going to the playoff game(s), why did you even bother wasting that much time and $ through the season?
    As much as I complain, price isn't the deciding factor for me. But it is a contributing factor.

Here's roughly how the group text went in our small group of season ticket holders:

Guy 1 - Hey guys, should we order tickets for playoffs?
    Guy 2 - YESSSSS
    Guy 3 - How much are they?
    Guy 1 - $45, I think.
    Guy 3 - Ouch.
    Guy 2 - Serious?
    Guy 1 - I guess we can wait to see what the weather is doing...
    Guy 3 - There will be plenty of tickets available if we want to walk up.
    Guy 2 - Cubby's?
    Guy 1 - Let's talk next week.
    Guy 4 - Cubby's!!!!!!

IMO, if tickets were $30 it would have been 4 yes's without much thought, we would have figured out the logistics to make it work. $45 gave pause, and it was all downhill from there.

On an unrelated note, does the purchase of playoff tickets count in any way toward priority points? It absolutely should.

Leave a comment:

• sdsu_drake
    replied

Being a season ticket holder that isn't going. I think the Price isn't the issue its personal schedules. For example, we had scheduled an employee Christmas party and a charity event in the morning. I have carved enough time to watch the game as long i cut out a little early on the fund raiser.

Leave a comment:

• RowdyRabbit
    replied

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
    Look at the number of season tickets that were not claimed.........I find it hard to believe price is the major stumbling block.
    For the non-season ticket holder (casual fan) I could see ticket price being an issue. For the season ticket holder though it shouldn`t be. It doesnt make sense to me that someone who`s already invested several hundred dollars and six saturdays wouldnt want to be there for essentially the culmination of it all....if you dont bother going to the playoff game(s), why did you even bother wasting that much time and $ through the season?

Leave a comment:

• CappinHard
    replied

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
    HAHAHA, wrong.
    Boy, you sure showed me.

Leave a comment:

• Justwin
    replied

Look at the number of season tickets that were not claimed.........I find it hard to believe price is the major stumbling block.

Leave a comment:

• MontanaRabbit
    replied

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
    There was a post on Zimmer's chat today linking a NCAA handbook of sorts for FCS ticketing for playoffs. Teams are NOT allowed to charge less for a playoff game than they do for regular season games. Kind of a **** deal or we would likely do it to get butts in seats for those kept away due to price. For me, not an issue because it's our second time ever hosting. I'd forego something else for this game if need be. That's just me though.
    Arent the ticket prices higher than most our regular season games? USD was higher if i remember right.

Leave a comment:

• KUlawJack
    replied

There was a post on Zimmer's chat today linking a NCAA handbook of sorts for FCS ticketing for playoffs. Teams are NOT allowed to charge less for a playoff game than they do for regular season games. Kind of a **** deal or we would likely do it to get butts in seats for those kept away due to price. For me, not an issue because it's our second time ever hosting. I'd forego something else for this game if need be. That's just me though.

Leave a comment:

• SF_Rabbit_Fan
    replied

James Madison is charging $15-$25.

Leave a comment:

• SF_Rabbit_Fan
    replied

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
    Does no one in Sioux Falls make any money? This is the second post from a Sioux Falls fan complaining about the ticket price.
    Let them eat cake?

Leave a comment:

• SF_Rabbit_Fan
    replied

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
    Meh. I would venture to guess that our ticket prices for a playoff game are on par with other FCS schools.
    HAHAHA, wrong.

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
    Second round games I could easily find ticket prices for:

Eastern Washington - $20-$32
    UND - $22.50
    Sam Houston - $18-$30
    Our playoff ticket prices are higher than NDSU's...

http://www.gobison.com/news/2016/11/...yoff-game.aspx

Leave a comment:

• OldHare
    replied

http://www.argusleader.com/story/spo...7bd94dfca873d1

Leave a comment:

• jakejc795
    replied

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
    Could be like the Packer fans at Lambeau and just get some Carhartts.
    Hey now; this Vikes fan wears them too

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
    It is close to Christmas. Im not going to bash someone for complaining about ticket prices. We dont know everyones financial situation. I lived paycheck to paycheck when my kids were at home. I probably couldnt afford to go 10 yrs ago.
    Exactly, and at least in SF there are a lot of other entertainment options that can lower a families discretionary funds. The other weekend Disney on ice was in town and my 3 year old daughter had a birthday party. So just like that, tickets for the show, this and that and a few hundred bucks later....

Leave a comment:

• mitchellrabbit
    replied

Does no one in Sioux Falls make any money? This is the second post from a Sioux Falls fan complaining about the ticket price.
    It is close to Christmas. Im not going to bash someone for complaining about ticket prices. We dont know everyones financial situation. I lived paycheck to paycheck when my kids were at home. I probably couldnt afford to go 10 yrs ago.

Leave a comment:

• thumper_76
    replied

Pretty sure he's been beating that drum since the prices came out at the start of the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

Working...
X