X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OldHare
    replied
    Re: Playoffs 2016: Nova

The long range forecast still calls for temperature in the low 30's, partly cloudy, and up to 10 mph southerly breeze. It would be a perfect day for Villanova's Coach Andy Talley to conclude his career. St Frances managed to pass for 237 yards and they only managed 27 rushing yards. 74 yards came on 1 pass. St Frances also scored on a 78 yard return of an interception. I watched most of the first 3 quarters and Villanova should have blown those fellows out. Only 2059 fans in the stands for a 50 degree day in Philadelphia. The 8 games for the first round had very poor attendance. Only 3 of the games had crowds between 5000-6000. If 10,000 arrive for Saturday, the FCS would be pleased.

Leave a comment:

• BTownJack
    replied
    Re: Playoffs 2016: Nova

There will be a lot more then 6200 seats available after today when the release the season ticket holder seats. Season ticket holders have until the end of today to buy their allotted seats. I'll say again, if we get 10K in the house on Saturday I will be a happy man.

Leave a comment:

• WestSideRabbit
    started a topic Playoffs 2016: Nova

Playoffs 2016: Nova

Game week! I hope the team enjoyed the break and that some of those achy bones and muscles feel a little bit better.

I didn't get to watch the St. Francis vs. Villanova game but have read a few recaps.

Villanova has a stout defense and sounds similar to YSU and IL St. They have a defensive end who is projected as a late round draft pick. They are a power running team but their QB can throw and he put up decent numbers this past week but against questionable competition. Their coach is retiring after a long tenure and it seems like they are rallying to send him out on top.

Jacks will need to play a physical game on both sides of the ball. I can't imagine scouting us and trying to predict what we will do on offense. It seems like we have been switching it up all season with our sets, personnel and motions. I would hope that we see a few counters out of our usual tendencies (ex: actually giving it on the jet sweep or TC keeping it on the read option). I hope the growth of our defense continues and that the young secondary can show up and play a strong game like they did against UNI. I think if we shut down the run and make them one dimensional, we will be okay. I'm predicting a Jacks victory 35-17.

There are still 6,200 seats available. I know that many are waiting to see what the weather is like, but I really hope we have a decent showing. I would love to have 10,000 plus but I don't think we will get there.
Working...
X