replied
    Re: Playoffs 2016: Nova

Christion looks bad. Yikes

Leave a comment:

• JimmyJack
    replied

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
    Jacks D forces a 3 and out to start the 2nd half. Let's hope the offense goes up tempo again. It worked on their only TD drive so far.
    Good point. That was the only drive we did that. Ugh.

Leave a comment:

• YanktonJack7
    replied

Jacks D forces a 3 and out to start the 2nd half. Let's hope the offense goes up tempo again. It worked on their only TD drive so far.

Leave a comment:

• SoDakJack
    replied

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
    I think we win this game despite the coaching errors. And a bunch of posters will come here and rip people for not having faith.

Well... let's be clear. Not throwing it when their two best defenders are out of the game for a quarter and calling a time out at the end of a half to save them a penalty and give them a shot at a TD. Those are mistakes. Our players did not make those mistakes. The coaches did.
    This.

There have been times we've won in spite of our coaches.

Leave a comment:

• JimmyJack
    replied

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
    The only success we've had is throwing the ball down field to Wieneke and Goedert. Actually, they haven't been able to stop it much. But let's try to prove a point by running the ball against a very good run defense. Smart.
    The reality is we did have a little, limited success running it a few times. But are we going to move down the field and score touchdowns on the ground against anyone other than USD? Not a chance.

Leave a comment:

• JimmyJack
    replied

I think we win this game despite the coaching errors. And a bunch of posters will come here and rip people for not having faith.

Well... let's be clear. Not throwing it when their two best defenders are out of the game for a quarter and calling a time out at the end of a half to save them a penalty and give them a shot at a TD. Those are mistakes. Our players did not make those mistakes. The coaches did.

Leave a comment:

• CappinHard
    replied

The only success we've had is throwing the ball down field to Wieneke and Goedert. Actually, they haven't been able to stop it much. But let's try to prove a point by running the ball against a very good run defense. Smart.

Leave a comment:

• RowdyRabbit
    replied

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
    Stig's in his playoff mode...that's not a compliment.
    Lawd i hope i wont have to add this game to my wtf list of sdsu football games.....

Leave a comment:

• JimmyJack
    replied

Villanova is what, the fourth or fifth best team we've seen this year? Ugh.

Leave a comment:

• RabbitObsessed
    replied

I think we win this game, but I hate that first half so much.

Leave a comment:

• CappinHard
    replied

Dumb. Those 4 points are on Stig. "Hey, you're not sure if you can get a play off in 7 seconds? Here's a free time out for you to draw up a quick play".

Leave a comment:

• BigGoosie13
    replied

Stig's in his playoff mode...that's not a compliment.

Leave a comment:

• JimmyJack
    replied

Continuing the rant: 124 yards. Against a team that got got pressure on our QB one time, and didn't hit him at all.

Leave a comment:

• jacks1
    replied

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
    Villanova's two best defensive players, a pass rusher and safety leading the nation in picks, not playing: Let's run it.

Villanova no timeouts: Let's call some.
    I especially liked the 3rd & 4 read option dive play to Paris...

Leave a comment:

• MontanaRabbit
    replied

Interview with Nova coach

TV guy: What made you change your mind to go for it down 7 at the goaline?

Talley: Well they were nice and called three timeouts so we had time to game plan a great play that was gauranteed to be a touchdown or incompletion. We could then kick it on fourth down if needed.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X