Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Playoffs 2016: Nova

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    The report of an assertion of fact made by someone considered credible does not necessarily mean the reporter is attesting to the veracity of the assertion. People otherwise known to be credible can pass on information that has no basis in fact. JackMD essentially said he had heard something from someone he considered credible. He didn't claim first-hand knowledge of the fact asserted. Got that? How you can jump to the conclusion you make is trolling, gabe01? [I'm not interested in a response to that question, gabe.]

Today I'm not tolerant of trolling by a Bison fan.

There are risks inherent in discussing rumors. One may be participating in spreading worthless junk even though it was heard from a credible source. One may be spreading something that turns out to be partially or wholly accurate --and the source was someone who is not credible.

I am not particularly fond of the gossiping that can go on in a message board -- bunch of old ladies on a 1960s telephone party line (Or so I've been told.�� ). At the same time, I recognize that gossip and fan messages boards go together like peanut butter and jelly--most posters like it.

It seems to me that the gossip spread in the past couple of days has gone about as far as it can go without some confirmation from someone who knows first-hand the actual facts. But, that's just me. If others want to continue kicking the story around, I won't stop it. I may stop some interloper using the gossip to accuse a reputable Jacks fan of trolling.
    When a poster says they can "assure" us their sources are reliable how in hell are they not attesting to the validity of said rumor? Jack MD may not have been trolling but to rip Gabe for calling him out is crap.

Why not write another epitaph about how we are overtaking the bison. Remember that gem you wrote a couples years back?

It was as ridiculous then as it is now.
    Last edited by MontanaRabbit; 12-11-2016, 03:42 AM.

Comment

Sure I remember what I wrote a few years back. That's bothered you more than once. Our progress continues in the right direction. New attendance record; added another year of playoffs, advancing to another round for the first time. What's not to like?

I know who JackMD's sources are and they are reliable. Go back and read my post: we don't know whether those sources have good information. Maybe they do. I haven't talked to them and don't intend to talk to them. You say that my statement of opinion that JackMD's sources are reliable is the same as attesting to the validity of what was said? Really? I didn't talk to them on the topic.

I may push back when I see NDSU fans come in here and throw a stink bomb for no reason other than to cause a little trouble. That's trolling. It's not surprising that some troll shots were taken in the game thread too. No surprise based on our performance yesterday. Play like we did and somebody is going to do a little trolling, a little rubbing it in.

i was at the game and watched most of it again last night. We are not on the same level as the Bison -- yet. But we've once again closed some of the gap. I certainly recognize people won't share my opinions and I won't agree with everyone else's opinion.
      Last edited by JackJD; 12-11-2016, 09:23 AM.

Comment

Sure do and our progress continues in the right direction. New attendance record; added another year of playoffs, advancing to another round for the first time. What's not to like?

I know who JackMD's sources are and they are reliable. Go back and read my post: we don't know whether those sources have good information. Maybe they do. I haven't talked to them and don't intend to talk to them. You say that my statement of opinion that JackMD's sources are reliable is the same as attesting to the validity of what was said? Really? I didn't talk to them on the topic.

I may push back when I see NDSU fans come in here and throw a stink bomb for no reason other than to cause a little trouble. That's trolling. It's not surprising that some troll shots were taken in the game thread too. No surprise based on our performance yesterday. Play like we did and somebody is going to do a little trolling, a little rubbing it in.

i was at the game and watched most of it again last night. We are not on the same level as the Bison -- yet. But we've once again closed some of the gap. I certainly recognize people won't share my opinions and I won't agree with everyone else's opinion.
        JackJD, I was curious if you might be willing to post thoughts on the disparities between us and the Bison in the "Next Step" thread??

For instance, I think Jacks' losses of seniors on the DL give the Bison the edge on paper going into 2017; QB and RB could be considered a pick 'em -- I think Christion has the edge and is a better overall athlete, but NDSU may use Stick more effectively overall, at least schematically. WR/TE is decidedly in Jacks' favor with LB's, DB's, and OL dependent on whether Jacks' players continue making strides we saw at times this season.

Comment

I haven't looked at the Next Step thread lately (and am just going out now to use the snowblower so I won't be looking at it).

I think we're going to miss some seniors big time but in watching this year's underclassmen mature and improve through the year, and seeing the overall progress in the last several years --really, the D1 era, I remain very optimistic.

Comment

Sure I remember what I wrote a few years back. That's bothered you more than once. Our progress continues in the right direction. New attendance record; added another year of playoffs, advancing to another round for the first time. What's not to like?

You deleted other posts concerning this rumor and you should have done the same with JackMD's. It's irrelevant if you or him think his his sources are reliable or not, give a specific source ....a name.

Follow your own rules.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
              You deleted other posts concerning this rumor and you should have done the same with JackMD's. It's irrelevant if you or him think his his sources are reliable or not, give a specific source ....a name.

Follow your own rules.
              You are not a moderator of this board. If you were, you would discover that it's not as easy or as clear-cut as you seem to think it is. You might also profit by actually understanding the rule you're trying to apply.

I made a decision that this particular case 1) did not fall squarely into the players-leaving-rumor rule we have established, and 2) in any event that the situation was nowhere near as corrosive as unsourced player-leaving rumors. Additionally, no specific player was named. I would rather not be put in the position of deciding the veracity of every damn-fool-thing any poster might decide to post, thank you very much. There isn't always a bright shiny line to judge things by.

I support my moderators' decisions unless I see overwhelming and obvious evidence that they have erred. I do not see such evidence in this case. In fact, we are in close agreement with how this has been handled.

If you want to be angry at someone, the buck stops with me right here.
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Once again, it was stupid to bring that information to the Forum, whether someone believes the sources reliable or not. Because clearly it was much ado about nothing, except on our board which spreads to other boards and somehow we've generated our own controversy where there was none. I for one would prefer to keep the "fake news" off of this site. Give your own insight and opinion I'm all for that. "I heard from a guy, who heard from a guy...." keep it to yourself, nothing good comes out of it except this bull**** being spewed right now.
                With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post

Follow your own rules.
                  Just so you have your facts straight: ALL posts that were temporarily removed (the removal action is noted in post 378 in this thread) were restored (the restoration or undeletion was noted in post 381 in this thread). The posts that were first deleted and then undeleted were unavailable for about one hour, 15 minutes. JackMD posted after ALL of the deleted posts had been restored.
                  Last edited by JackJD; 12-11-2016, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08
                    Thanks Filbert. Everyone can be angry at me. I don't care, but I never would intentionally post a false rumor.

People need to relax. This stuff will happen occasionally.
                    Feeling good today, no anger here towards anyone. I am too lazy to look back at what you posted. I do enjoy your contributions to this board, and we might all be chasing a very, very big red herring one large enough to feed half of Norway.

Comment

I haven't looked at the Next Step thread lately (and am just going out now to use the snowblower so I won't be looking at it).

I think we're going to miss some seniors big time but in watching this year's underclassmen mature and improve through the year, and seeing the overall progress in the last several years --really, the D1 era, I remain very optimistic.
                      I'm fairly optimistic too. Speaking of DL, interested in seeing how Chase Kern will do next year. He showed promise a couple seasons ago

Comment

If this was a lie/hoax whoever started it and helped spread it should be ashamed. Three young men had their names smeared all over.

If the rumors are true, I'm ashamed of Stig and Sell for allowing the players to play.

My guess... we will never know the truth. Even our "reliable sources" are sometimes full of ****.
                        Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                          If this was a lie/hoax whoever started it and helped spread it should be ashamed. Three young men had their names smeared all over.

If the rumors are true, I'm ashamed of Stig and Sell for allowing the players to play.

My guess... we will never know the truth. Even our "reliable sources" are sometimes full of ****.
                          They'd probably say that damage to individual players was limited due to refraining from specifying the players (at least I never saw players' names mentioned). Seems like current situation is more damaging to program, coaching staff, and possibly AD, due to factors like those you note in your second statement above, and that's equally unfortunate.

Comment

Not just talking on this forum but across the SDSU community.
                            Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

So if there is talk of "allowing" the players to play, these must have been normal in-house testing ? Because if they were NCAA tests done after the Villanova game, the school wouldn't have any control over allowing them to play.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                                So if there is talk of "allowing" the players to play, these must have been normal in-house testing ? Because if they were NCAA tests done after the Villanova game, the school wouldn't have any control over allowing them to play.
                                Who really knows? Only those who have a need to know. Since this information is personal, and affects individuals, it should be treated like classified information in the Defense Department. If you don't meet the need to know criteria, you will never know. That is perfectly okay with me.

Comment

Working...
                                X