Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Playoffs 2016: Nova

Originally posted by goon View Post
    Also does the NCAA prohibit cowbells for playoff games?
    Oh yes, even at D2 level that was a no-no.

Comment

From the NCAA rules on NCAA championship games:

2. Artificial Noisemakers. Artificial noisemakers (e.g., thunder sticks, cow bells, air horns) shall not be permitted inside the venue, and such instruments shall be removed from the playing and spectator areas at the request of the NCAA game representative. Bands, or any component thereof, shall not play while the game is in progress (after either team breaks its huddle). See 2007-08 NCAA Division I General Requirements Handbook for additional information.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
        From the NCAA rules on NCAA championship games:

2. Artificial Noisemakers. Artificial noisemakers (e.g., thunder sticks, cow bells, air horns) shall not be permitted inside the venue, and such instruments shall be removed from the playing and spectator areas at the request of the NCAA game representative. Bands, or any component thereof, shall not play while the game is in progress (after either team breaks its huddle). See 2007-08 NCAA Division I General Requirements Handbook for additional information.
        If truly enforced, our band was in violation of this much of the game vs. Villanova.
        "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
          If truly enforced, our band was in violation of this much of the game vs. Villanova.

Actually thought of that. Wow, we could have lost so many yards because the band played until nearly the snap every time. Good thing nobody ever cares about the band (when they do, ESPN is all over it!)
          Rollin' in my 5.0
          With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
          Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Doesn't look like it mentions the sound system in that. I thought on our 3rd days we were playing music pretty much right up until Villanova snapped the ball. It made for a cool 3rd down atmosphere, but it was awfully close a few times.

Comment

I always thought the rule was couldn't make noise or band couldn't play while the ball is in play. Basically as teams get on the line, they have to stop.

I miss games with the cowbells.

Instead of a canon going after scores, I like Sloshos or who ever else, make the worlds biggest cowbell that would ring then.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Might be missing a few players on Saturday now
                Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Heard the same from a reliable source. Darn it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                    Might be missing a few players on Saturday now
                    Please enlighten us with your info

Comment

Originally posted by westernjack View Post
                      Please enlighten us with your info
                      Yeah not fair to say without info.

*****Rumor Alert*****

3 SDSU players are rumored to be out for drug testing. We'll see what happens Saturday.

Edit: I also just realized I put this in the wrong thread. Should have been in the NDSU thread. Mods could you move?
                      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Yeah not fair to say without info.

*****Rumor Alert*****

3 SDSU players are rumored to be out for drug testing. We'll see what happens Saturday.

Edit: I also just realized I put this in the wrong thread. Should have been in the NDSU thread. Mods could you move?
                        Damn, that sucks if true. Can you at least say starters or reserves? I also gotta believe a failed drug test on Stigs team means your kicked off the team for good, not just Saturday

Comment

Originally posted by westernjack View Post
                          Damn, that sucks if true. Can you at least say starters or reserves? I also gotta believe a failed drug test on Stigs team means your kicked off the team for good, not just Saturday
                          The person who told me did not know who.

Comment

The person who told me did not know who.
                            I hate to add to the rumor, but in a tweet to Zimmer, 2 OL and 1 DL were mentioned as the positions affected. No idea whether that guy has any clue what he's talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                              Heard the same from a reliable source. Darn it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Do you know if it was starters or reserves? Not asking for names but would be nice to know how big of a deal this is.

Comment

How about we delete these until we have a true confirmation. This is the internet...we deal in facts not rumors
                                With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Working...
                                X