Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Playoffs 2016: Nova

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
    How about we delete these until we have a true confirmation. This is the internet...we deal in facts not rumors
    That's why I specifically stated rumor.
    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
      That's why I specifically stated rumor.
      Not that I have a problem with that but they don't like rumors around these parts.

Comment

I've deleted a number of posts that were addressing rumors. Those particular posts were deleted in such a way that they can be restored by a moderator. I have a message in for filbert for an interpretation and then we'll see if such rumors can be restored or should remain deleted.

For now, let's just knock off spreading rumors or discussing rumors unless you can cite a legitimate source. Give the moderators a little time to think on this one. It is possible those deleted posts will be restored.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
          I've deleted a number of posts that were addressing rumors. Those particular posts were deleted in such a way that they can be restored by a moderator. I have a message in for filbert for an interpretation and then we'll see if such rumors can be restored or should remain deleted.

For now, let's just knock off spreading rumors or discussing rumors unless you can cite a legitimate source. Give the moderators a little time to think on this one. It is possible those deleted posts will be restored.
          Shouldn't this be in the Bizun thread? We beat 'Nova. Probably never play them again unless Sell got a sacrificial game for MBB at there place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

At least temporarily, it shouldn't be in any thread.

Comment

I've undeleted the posts for now. I reviewed the Guideline on the attribution rule and it, as written, applies to rumors about athletes leaving the program only.

I'm concerned as a fan that if there is any chance at all the story is not correct in whole or in part, then you're doing a disservice to the Jacks. If there is substance to the story, well, then I hope the story doesn't overshadow what the team has done this year and hopes to accomplish Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                I've undeleted the posts for now. I reviewed the Guideline on the attribution rule and it, as written, applies to rumors about athletes leaving the program only.

I'm concerned as a fan that if there is any chance at all the story is not correct in whole or in part, then you're doing a disservice to the Jacks. If there is substance to the story, well, then I hope the story doesn't overshadow what the team has done this year and hopes to accomplish Saturday.
                I think it's best to wait until a credible source comes forward. A rumor is just that. I've had "reliable sources" before too and then nothing pans out.
                With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                  How about we delete these until we have a true confirmation. This is the internet...we deal in facts not rumors
                  Gotta love completely random and unsourced rumors...."I know a guy, he's reliable"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

My feeling is that this rumor is much less corrosive than the "rats leaving the sinking ship" rumor-feeding-frenzy which fomented the attribution rule in the first place.

Onward.
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                      My feeling is that this rumor is much less corrosive than the "rats leaving the sinking ship" rumor-feeding-frenzy which fomented the attribution rule in the first place.

Onward.
                      Unless of course names start getting dropped. I'd hope posters have enough common sense not to feed the rumor mill with such specifics.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post

Onward.
                        Here's to hoping this is all just an elaborate ruse to distract the ungulates from up North.

Comment

When certain players do not show up on the field, we should have our answer. A good feeling would be that the entire current travel roster is there and ready to play. That's all I know.

Comment

I guess if it is true I think it'd be better to be out with it right away than hold on to it. I understand due process...

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                              I guess if it is true I think it'd be better to be out with it right away than hold on to it. I understand due process...
                              As long as the team knows that is all that matters. I don't care if we have an announcement. Keep NDSU guessing. Next Man (*Men) up!
                              Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho
                                I'm waiting for a rumor that's started on this board to be proven false. I can't think of a time that's happened. We come here for inside info, and people can't name names. But it's SD we are all connected fairly well. If someone here claims a reliable source It's likely they have just that. I mean I get why we are against this, but at the same time I don't.
                                I've been Enlightened on a time where a rumor from this board proved to be false. The above post has been removed based on that FACT.

That being said, I can't wait to watch more playoff football!

Comment

Working...
                                X