Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Best Case Scenario for a seed

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
    It said that was TBD, probably because it depended on whether we got a seed or not. I think we'll see another email soon.
    Yea, i did get another one. But on facebook it looks like anyone can order tickets starting at 1pm today

Comment

It said that was TBD, probably because it depended on whether we got a seed or not. I think we'll see another email soon.
      The latest email I received today at 10:51am states "Season Ticket Holders will have first rights to their seats through Monday, November 28th at 5pm."

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
        Yea, i did get another one. But on facebook it looks like anyone can order tickets starting at 1pm today
        They can probably order tickets from the seats that aren't taken by season ticket holders. It would be a gamble, because better tickets could pop up if season ticket holders don't use them... However, I think most of them will be used.

Comment

Best thing about getting a seed is the bye week allowing banged-up players an extra week to heal. Gottlob and Farina are the most obvious, but I think Wieneke and especially Goedert will benefit from the extra time.

Comment

I'm of the opinion that the top half of the bracket (the one SDSU is in) is significantly tougher than the bottom half, so I don't think the committee did us any favors there. Villinova is a very solid team that we will likely match up with in our first game and could very easily take us out if we don't bring our A game.

One nice thing the committee did do for us is that they send Cal Poly (who isn't losing against non-scholarship San Diego) against the Bison the week before our likely match up with NDSU. The reason why that's good isn't because Poly is likely to beat NDSU, but rather they have to prep against an unusual offense for an entire week and then have to "unlearn" it the following week. They are already down some of their best defenders (DeLuca and Tanguey out for the year and Gee-Tucker might be out for a while as well), so this quick turn around could be tough on the less experienced Bison players.
            If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
            - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
              I'm of the opinion that the top half of the bracket (the one SDSU is in) is significantly tougher than the bottom half, so I don't think the committee did us any favors there. Villinova is a very solid team that we will likely match up with in our first game and could very easily take us out if we don't bring our A game.

One nice thing the committee did do for us is that they send Cal Poly (who isn't losing against non-scholarship San Diego) against the Bison the week before our likely match up with NDSU. The reason why that's good isn't because Poly is likely to beat NDSU, but rather they have to prep against an unusual offense for an entire week and then have to "unlearn" it the following week. They are already down some of their best defenders (DeLuca and Tanguey out for the year and Gee-Tucker might be out for a while as well), so this quick turn around could be tough on the less experienced Bison players.
              Also, look up the Navy affect. Getting constantly cut blocked and they take an absolute beating. Being a Notre Dame fan, it's a real thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                Best thing about getting a seed is the bye week allowing banged-up players an extra week to heal. Gottlob and Farina are the most obvious, but I think Wieneke and especially Goedert will benefit from the extra time.
                Agreed. The Jacks could really use a week off to heal and not worry about travel connections. The loss to Cal Poly probably cost the Jacks the seventh seed, which has an easier path. But getting one of the eight seeds is huge. I would love to see the Jacks get another shot at Cal Poly in Brookings, which could happen in third round.
                This space for lease.

Comment

Ticket orders will be accepted beginning at 1 p.m. today, November 20 and can be made via JackrabbitTickets.com or by calling the Jackrabbit Ticket Office at 605-688-5422 (refer to office hours below). Season Ticket Holders will have first rights to their seats through Monday, November 28th at 5pm. Seats will be preloaded into your account following the selection show. Ticket orders will be emailed and fans should plan to print their tickets in advance of scanning on game day. Orders may also be held for
                  Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                    Sidelines. Having shot several football games, I'd rather be on the sidelines. I can cheer internally.
                    Ditto. It has been many years since I shot from the sidelines, but you get so much more depth from being on the sidelines. You get a feel from the emotions of the players and coaches that you just can't get from being in the stands.

Comment

I'm just a fan, so what do I know, but I'd rather face a trip to Fargo than one out to EWU. We know exactly what we would be getting with the Bison and the Fargo Dome. EWU's passing attack would be a real test for a team that has been burned through the air. Look at what they did in Fargo (with their all-world receiver missing half the game): 450 yards and 4 passing TD. They would have hit 500 (and most likely won) if Cupp did not get hurt.

One game at a time though. It's good to finally have a couple weeks to prepare.

Comment

Looking through the gojacks.com article it says student tickets are free. I thought even students had to pay for tickets in the playoffs (NCAA has to make more money), or is the ticket office paying for a limited number of student tickets like they did for the WNIT a few years ago?

http://www.gojacks.com/news/2016/11/...-playoffs.aspx
                        Rollin' in my 5.0
                        With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                        Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Well... The only reason I don't like the 8 seed is the fact that we'll have to go to Fargo AGAIN. Other than that, it's actually not bad. I think we're better positioned than UND, they got a tough first round draw and will have a tough trip to that ugly red field if they win. We got the NDSU monkey off of our back earlier this year, and we are more used to that atmosphere than any other team, so I think we can go up there and pull off the upset.

OOOOOH, and a South Dakota State Championship prediction to end the show... I like it.
                          Villanova will be a very tough game. The only positive side besides the extra week off is that SDSU knows they'll be playing Villanova. St. Francis won't be winning the game.
                          Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Well... The only reason I don't like the 8 seed is the fact that we'll have to go to Fargo AGAIN. Other than that, it's actually not bad. I think we're better positioned than UND, they got a tough first round draw and will have a tough trip to that ugly red field if they win. We got the NDSU monkey off of our back earlier this year, and we are more used to that atmosphere than any other team, so I think we can go up there and pull off the upset.

OOOOOH, and a South Dakota State Championship prediction to end the show... I like it.
                            After watching the USD / NDSU game yesterday, and being in Brookings last week, there's no reason you don't beat the Bison by 10 or more. I said it before, and I'll say it again...you are the best team in the league. If the MVFC is the best conference, I do think you can win it all.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                              After watching the USD / NDSU game yesterday, and being in Brookings last week, there's no reason you don't beat the Bison by 10 or more. I said it before, and I'll say it again...you are the best team in the league. If the MVFC is the best conference, I do think you can win it all.
                              Thanks for the prediction. The second time around with the Bison will not be an easy one. Yesterday they were world beaters.

Comment

Lost in the shuffle is the fact that without Richmond losing, it looks like we may have once again been left on the outside looking in for seeds. Their loss gave us a bye and guaranteed home game, assuming they would have still left UND ahead of us. Not sure why they wouldn't have.

Comment

Working...
                                X