Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Taking the next step

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
    There is a former NDSU/Ohio State/Miami/Nebraska strength coach that works in the Sanford Wellness Center in Sioux Falls. He claims NDSU has one of the best S&C coaches in the nation at any level.
    Jim Kramer, used to be the strength and conditioning coordinator the for the US Olympics Training Center

Comment

Ugh. I'm a little disappointed in this thread. A) Eidsness has the head coaching job in 3 years. Deal with it or brace yourselves, whatever you feel you need to do B) Stop worrying about filling the stadium up. Sweet Jesus on a Bike, it is built to go forward not backwards. If we filled it up right away we'd be lamenting about how we need to raise money already to add on. All of these things will come I remember when I was but a lad they used to throw tickets at us in the elementary schools in hopes we could convince our parents to come to the games. The stands were empty, a lot. All of those things will grow as Brookings and Sioux Falls grow, remember it was only a little over a decade ago Brookings was probably only scratching around 15-16K and Sioux Falls was at one point hovering below the 100000 mark. Right now just enjoy the extra leg room and the little extra space for our American sized asses. The place has a great and loud atmosphere it's as if all of the old crusty curmudgeons have died out, been priced out, or now let us stand and cheer because they have found out that people actually come to watch the game vs. being astonished that the Pride is back. (Where does the Pride go? How come it's so amazing when we see them back at halftime every game?) I'm sure soon enough we will be packed in like sardines and I will end up apologizing to a recently graduated hipster dufus in man-pri's for spilling cheese sauce from my nachos on his fedora. (if you wear man-pri's or a fedora, you should apologize to everybody on this message board. unless you are over 65, then you can wear a fedora, but never man-pri's)
      Last edited by Theee Catrabbit; 10-03-2016, 08:08 AM.
      With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

This is just silly. NDSU has been the better team.
        I disagree.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mM4lYcaBYBM

And attitude reflects leadership.
        Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
          I disagree.

So....you are saying everyone that loses to NDSU has a Head Coach issue? It's not like we are alone in the department of NDSU running over teams......stop digging for ****. For **** sakes.
          With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

I disagree.

How can you disagree with the fact that NDSU has been the better team? Anything at all to back that up besides sour grapes?

We will be the better team when we earn it on the field and when the scoreboard confirms that. Period.

As to the topic of this thread, we need to be able to retain assistant coaches better. Edit - How much time is wasted every year getting new coaches up to speed with our system? That is time that could be spent teaching players.
            “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
              The place has a great and loud atmosphere it's as if all of the old crusty curmudgeons have died out, been priced out, or now let us stand and cheer because they have found out that people actually come to watch the game vs. being astonished that the Pride is back. (Where does the Pride go? How come it's so amazing when we see them back at halftime every game?)
              We go to our practice lot a few hundred yards away, to some tiny town with a parade marching band competition, or to some cool place like US Bank Stadium. It's so amazing to see us because you love us and we're yours. Also, The Pride is pretty much the student section, so, you need us.
              (We're also probably the best college band in the Dakotas, hence our trademarked name.)
              Rollin' in my 5.0
              With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
              Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

How can you disagree with the fact that NDSU has been the better team? Anything at all to back that up besides sour grapes?

We will be the better team when we earn it on the field and when the scoreboard confirms that. Period.
                After NDSU games I'm frequently left with the feeling that we were outcoached. I don't often feel like we were outplayed. Others may feel differently but that is the feeling I leave with. Esp last year. How do we come out flat for a game like that? Out-coached I feel.

Comment

As to the topic of this thread, we need to be able to retain assistant coaches better. Edit - How much time is wasted every year getting new coaches up to speed with our system? That is time that could be spent teaching players.
                  They have been the better team, at least in part because they have a better coaching staff. Reasons for that are multiple and are being addressed by admin at SDSU. The Bison are still well ahead of the Jackrabbits in the area of coaching staff.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I disagree.

I am just going to assume this post was from 2009 and leave it at that.

Comment

Originally posted by BrerRabbit View Post
                      After NDSU games I'm frequently left with the feeling that we were outcoached. I don't often feel like we were outplayed. Others may feel differently but that is the feeling I leave with. Esp last year. How do we come out flat for a game like that? Out-coached I feel.
                      If you want to make the argument that our 11 are just as good as athletes that they have, I could agree with that. and in some cases better at some positions. But our issue if you ask me is our team doesn't perform as well as a unit, and in many cases on on 1-1 basis. Football requires everybody to do their 1/11 to be successful. NDSU I agree out coaches us, they add a wrinkle, or a new package you can see our D will not be prepared for. But also times their players will make a 1 on 1 tackle in the open field or a lineman will break off his blocker better to make a tackle or pressure the QB. those issues are clearly to me that some players and units on the team are just not good enough. Their D line will own our O line most every game, 1 because of coaching and 2 because they are just better players overall.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

So you must be ok with how we lost to NDSU too? We haven't beaten them since 2009 and you're right they've had better teams, but for the most part we haven't competed (5 of 8 decided by more than 20 points). Last year may be the best example. We have a team that was in the hunt for a seed and we were at home. The game was over as soon as the kickers toe touched the ball at the opening kickoff.....28-7 makes the game look WAY more competitive than it was.

There's no such thing as a good loss, but when we continue to get our asses handed to us, it's gotta be awfully tough as a player to have much confidence especially when our offensive game plan is to run the ball right at their strength. Stig had an interesting quote at halftime Saturday. We are going to continue to play Jackrabbit football....it's probably the most boring football in America. Yep and we are going to continue to struggle against NDSU (and other top tier teams) with our staffs' approach.

2015: 28-7
                        2014: 37-17 (regular season); 27-24 (playoffs)
                        2013: 20-0
                        2012: 20-17 (regular season); 28-3 (playoffs)
                        2011: 38-14
                        2010: 31-24

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                          Reasons for that are multiple and are being addressed by admin at SDSU
                          I hope you're right.

Comment

Lol. I was disagreeing that it was silly. Of course NDSU has been better. I think the NDSU game is in the coach's heads. It also was in Nagy's. You disagree. I think that's ok.
                            Last edited by SDSUAlum08; 10-03-2016, 11:33 AM.
                            Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                              So....you are saying everyone that loses to NDSU has a Head Coach issue? It's not like we are alone in the department of NDSU running over teams......stop digging for ****. For **** sakes.
                              Same as above. Maybe I should add some swear words though.

Stig says in the post-game video (that you didn't watch) that no one is playing with confidence and NDSU is. I couldn't find the post-game (maybe it was halftime) interview on Midco from last year but it was awful. He looked absolutely shocked.

Here's the quote from that video:

“I’ll tell you what I think is the difference between our programs,” Jacks coach John Stiegelmeier said. “When they walk onto the field, they believe they are going to win. When we walked onto the field, I don’t know that all 77 players who put on a uniform believed that we were going to win. We don’t have that confidence. That’s the difference.”

This was a postgame comment from your coach....

Comment

Same as above. Maybe I should add some swear words though.

Stig says in the post-game video (that you didn't watch) that no one is playing with confidence and NDSU is. I couldn't find the post-game (maybe it was halftime) interview on Midco from last year but it was awful. He looked absolutely shocked.

Here's the quote from that video:

“I’ll tell you what I think is the difference between our programs,” Jacks coach John Stiegelmeier said. “When they walk onto the field, they believe they are going to win. When we walked onto the field, I don’t know that all 77 players who put on a uniform believed that we were going to win. We don’t have that confidence. That’s the difference.”

This was a postgame comment from your coach....
                                I watched the video.

I thought the same thing, that Stig looked shocked.

My interpretation of his shock is different - that he had every expectation to compete and win. Yours is that NDSU is in his head. In my experience, when an issue is in someone's head, they lash out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2vTzHf2tus
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xokthY5zuPU
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jvo5XO1kH1c
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGDBR2L5kzI
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8N3-x8XjftQ

I religiously watched Coach Nagy's press conferences during the transition, I do think NDSU was in his head at one point and he acted in a similar fashion to the above during his press conferences during that period - IIRC his demeanor changed during Nate Wolters' freshman year. He saw a light at the end of the tunnel.

Stig's statements seemed more he was disappointed in the outcome but determined to change it the next time around. Nagy got there, Stig never left.

Obviously, we have different opinions which have likely been influenced by confirmation bias.
                                “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Working...
                                X