Originally posted by Justwin View Post
      Les Miles is available
      Bo Pelini route lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Re: Taking the next step

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
        As a thought. I know it's premature but since we have talked about the coaching staff, I have a thought to float out there. Zimmer has said he thinks Stig retires in three years or so. I've been reading a lot about the situation down in Charleston Southern, it really seems like the administration has an ax to grind towards their coach Chadwell. If we wanted to have a plan in place for when Stig retires, I think it would be a great idea to try to court him as a coordinator to succeed Stig when he retires. With what he has been able to accomplish with CSUs resources is incredible. Plus he's great in rivalry games. Has to directly compete with the Citadel, has a field that is sub par to most high school fields, and managed to put together a team that went into the Fargodome and take the bison to overtime. The administration down there went hugely overboard in punishing "violations", namely a tweet that was sent to a recruit at the wrong time and athletes using book money at the book store where the employee told them to use the money or it goes away. Young coach with tons of energy who I would bet we could get to come here if we wanted to. Just a thought looking to the future.

I obviously don't know much that's going on down there, but he's had a number of violations. Administration doesn't just get rid of a winner for small crap. There's a reason they want him gone. Point is: I don't think we know all the details.
        Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
          Right.
          I was thinking a big time donation from maybe Arlington way could round us up enough cash for salary?

Comment

Taking the next step

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
            I obviously don't know much that's going on down there, but he's had a number of violations. Administration doesn't just get rid of a winner for small crap. There's a reason they want him gone. Point is: I don't think we know all the details.
            I truly doubt their administration has much interest in athletics besides being able to call themselves DI. They got a new compliance person who, from why I've gathered, is trying to make a name for herself. They don't exactly support their athletics well there. These are their "DI" facilities:

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
              I was thinking a big time donation from maybe Arlington way could round us up enough cash for salary?
              I do wish I could help out, but not on 50k a year.

Comment

I do wish I could help out, but not on 50k a year.
                I hear ya there.

Comment

In all serious note, I think guys like Chadwell would consider SDSU. I am editing my post since, I think I have him confused with someone else that made the run through Fargo with a Carolina connection. I just watched him on YouTube and he does have energy and I think players in this area would like him.

Comment

In all serious note, I think guys like Chadwell would consider SDSU. I am editing my post since, I think I have him confused with someone else that made the run through Fargo with a Carolina connection. I just watched him on YouTube and he does have energy and I think players in this area would like him.
                    I think you're thinking of Joe Moglia of Coastal Carolina. I believe he's a very wealthy businessman who turned coach and took them up there in the playoffs if I remember correctly.

Comment

• Re: Taking the next step

I think you're thinking of Joe Moglia of Coastal Carolina. I believe he's a very wealthy businessman who turned coach and took them up there in the playoffs if I remember correctly.

That's the one, I like Jamie, he is dedicated to coaching. Being a Southerner, I wonder about winters. I was reading an article in the DeSmet newspaper about General Omar Bradley who served as Professor of Military Science one year in the 1920's. The article said one of his recollections of Brookings mentioned in his autobiography, was the harsh winter, good pheasant hunting and great people.

Comment

That's the one, I like Jamie, he is dedicated to coaching. Being a Southerner, I wonder about winters. I was reading an article in the DeSmet newspaper about General Omar Bradley who served as Professor of Military Science one year in the 1920's. The article said one of his recollections of Brookings mentioned in his autobiography, was the harsh winter, good pheasant hunting and great people.
                        Didn't he want to end up out west? But he meant pacific Northwest. So he got send mid west and we benefited from that misunderstanding.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                          Didn't he want to end up out west? But he meant pacific Northwest. So he got send mid west and we benefited from that misunderstanding.
                          Yes that was mentioned in the article.

Comment

Didn't realize we are out looking for a new head coach. Comforting to know that we have lots of people who we can turn to as counselors on who we should be trying to hire.

Two more minor points. As answered before, we didn't build a 19,300 seat stadium that we expected to fill for every game, every years. In that case, we should have built a 23,000 seat stadium, so we would have had room to grow. (Minor note for sc bison: NDSU didn't have to raise a dime to get their 19,000 seat dome...we needed to raise all the money, private or from bonds we have to pay every year, for our $65,000,000 stadium. And as stated before by others, comparing what we face in building our program, can't be compared to Fargo, except for how difficult it is for SDSU. We are not in the largest city, have the state's largest newspaper, have the major television stations in our town, have comparable businesses, corporations for financial support, etc., to go along with our ten-fold difference in population base. And for those trying to compare our fan base to Nebraska's, you have got to be kidding!)

Comment

There are a lot of other examples, we out draw a lot of teams in our own division that have won national championships. At the same time, we get out drawn by SWAC teams that are god awful.

That being said, we do have to keep improving. We do have to make deep playoff runs to get to where we want to be, with the Montanas and NDSUs of the world. We do have to knock off NDSU, and in the playoffs. In the immediacy we need to win all of our remaining home games, and we have to make the playoffs. If we don't it will be a serious blow to our momentum we have been building. We have the team now to do it.

Also, addressing the bringing in iffy guys and transfers, that tends to lead to an inconsistent program. Look at Illinois St. We think we're upset because we lost to Cal Poly, imagine what we would be like if we had just lost to EIU and Indy St. Look at how NDSU does it. They have almost no transfers. Using transfers to fill a hole is one thing, trying to build your team off of them is another. There is a reason a lot of these transfers are transferring in the first place, and the majority of them aren't because they are tearing it up at their FBS squad.

One thing not mentioned around here but I see talked about by NDSU fans and others, is how amazing their strength coach is. There's a reason NDSU doesn't wear out at the end of games against FBS opponents and always wear down the opposition, and a lot of it has to do with their strength and conditioning program. I'm not saying we have a bad S&C program for our guys, just that NDSUs seems to be on another level. Being in Fargo and listening to their player interviews, it's AMAZING how often they bring up their S&C coach, even talking about what happened in the game. That's one of the hidden keys to their miraculous run, and I'm sure a lot of bison fans would likely agree with me.

There is a former NDSU/Ohio State/Miami/Nebraska strength coach that works in the Sanford Wellness Center in Sioux Falls. He claims NDSU has one of the best S&C coaches in the nation at any level.
                              “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                                The losses to NDSU in football have worked their way into the coaching staff. They are totally shocked when playing that team. Sort of how NDSU had Nagy for a while.
                                This is just silly. NDSU has been the better team.
                                “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Working...
                                X