Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Taking the next step

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
    Apparently you have a problem with tailgating. If your making remarks similar to yours and commenting on it like you have when you don't participate you obviously do. And you obviously have a problem with people who call you on your crap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Gee thanks, I am just fine thank you. As far as calling me out on my crap, more power to you. No doubt its a big, big feather in your cap.
    Last edited by Nidaros; 10-06-2016, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
      In other words, this thread needs to take the next step?

(grin, duck, run).
      Lol, exactly.

Comment

Can I interest anyone in a slice of pie?

SUPERBUNNY
        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
          Hold on, hold on, hold on.

Is the guy who wrote the article about SDSU taking the next step the same "journalist" who spread rumors about Daum leaving? Then got all self righteous when people called him out for spreading false rumors?

HAHAHAHA

This guy exists to stir the pot. That's what talk show radio personalities do. Mission accomplished dude.
          Nick Goeman is a hack. It was clickbait, and it fooled us into reading it.
          LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
            Nick Goeman is a hack. It was clickbait, and it fooled us into reading it.
            Idk, I agree that it's click bait but at the same time the basis of the article is valid and provokes some questions and thoughts. We all want more jacks coverage. We're starting to see it and you're going to have to take some bad with the good. Imo, I enjoy a "click bait" type of article that gets people thinking and talking in contrast to the regular old, predictable, hunky dory Argus Leader coverage.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
              Idk, I agree that it's click bait but at the same time the basis of the article is valid and provokes some questions and thoughts. We all want more jacks coverage. We're starting to see it and you're going to have to take some bad with the good. Imo, I enjoy a "click bait" type of article that gets people thinking and talking in contrast to the regular old, predictable, hunky dory Argus Leader coverage.
              HaHa...you should've been on this board in 2006ish and before when it was all about the transition and Stu putting up a click-bait column every week in regard to the "terrible mistake" that was the "transition". I'm not even going to talk about the radio guys...can't remember their names at this point. You should check some of those threads out if you like "click bait"!!
              I still to this day doubt that any of those"talking heads" ever have admitted that they were wrong about us moving to D1. Wow were those the good ol days on this board!!😉
              SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                HaHa...you should've been on this board in 2006ish and before when it was all about the transition and Stu putting up a click-bait column every week in regard to the "terrible mistake" that was the "transition". I'm not even going to talk about the radio guys...can't remember their names at this point. You should check some of those threads out if you like "click bait"!!
                I still to this day doubt that any of those"talking heads" ever have admitted that they were wrong about us moving to D1. Wow were those the good ol days on this board!!��
                Those were the good old days. Mike Henrikson and his radio sidekick whose name escapes me now were very vocal in their opposition and made it seem as if they wanted nothing more then for the move to be a colossal failure. Mike H has done a lot for high school sports in SD however, he does not appear to be much of a fan of SDSU. That's okay.

Goeman is irrelevant.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                  Those were the good old days. Mike Henrikson and his radio sidekick whose name escapes me now were very vocal in their opposition and made it seem as if they wanted nothing more then for the move to be a colossal failure. Mike H has done a lot for high school sports in SD however, he does not appear to be much of a fan of SDSU. That's okay.

Goeman is irrelevant.
                  Craig Madick 1270 AM Kwsn

Comment

I still to this day doubt that any of those"talking heads" ever have admitted that they were wrong about us moving to D1. Wow were those the good ol days on this board!!��
                    To be fair, our men's basketball team did go 6-24 in 2006. Football lost a game we don't talk about to a school located east of Minnesota, and got beat soundly by Montana, UNI, and NDSU.

Looking back, it is a little crazy how far we've come. Those were dark days.
                    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

I think Mike H. has come around and appreciates what SDSU has accomplished. With the possible exception of one topic - the number of divisions in high school basketball and football tournaments - the sports establishment in South Dakota is very resistant to change. The talking heads and writers really disliked SDSU's move to D-1. USD officials even mocked it. But a few years later, after SDSU and NDSU had demonstrated it was a good move for the region, sports people started accepting it. Some of them still cover SDSU and USD like lower-level teams. OH, well. SDSU just needs to keep leading the way and embrace those who follow, no matter how late they might be to the party.
                      This space for lease.

Comment

I still to this day doubt that any of those"talking heads" ever have admitted that they were wrong about us moving to D1. Wow were those the good ol days on this board!!
                        Mike H is absolutely terrible.
                        Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                          Mike H is absolutely terrible.
                          Careful, Mike is/was a member of this board. I have not seen any posts by him lately.
                          Last edited by Nidaros; 10-08-2016, 08:33 AM.

Comment

Long after the pundits and naysayers are dead and nobody remembers their names, SDSU will be rising, thriving and shining.

Comment

I'm kind of glad to see some of this stuff being dredged up again because it does provide perspective. Going D1 was an enormous undertaking and SDSU was led by people that didn't take that lightly and did due diligence to properly research and strategize the move and then look at the feasibility. Even then, it did seem like a calculated gamble.

The great news for SDSU, the athletes, and the fans is that there rationale, plan, and implementation were spot on. Yes, there were some dark days with MBB, that FB game we don't talk about, and others but the success that has been had along with the growth of the university AS A WHOLE and the Athletic Department is undeniable. I have had conversations with Peggy Miller about it and the success we are having is beyond their expectations. Frankly, I have always thought that SDSU has done a lousy job of talking about how big a deal it is on the academic side that SDSU is now a D1 school. It has opened so many doors and brought in so much money that wouldn't have been there before. IT should be talked about a lot more than it is.

So, we need to keep these things in mind when we look at things on the whole. WE have had the right leaders at the right times. The donors have stepped up and put money behind the program and that includes everyone from T. Denny and Dana down to the people stretching their budget to be in the Jackrabbit Club. And then there are the athletes who have represented this university, state, and city in such an excellent fashion both on and off the field. Us fans get the opportunity to watch it all take place.

You all know the successes! Hell, I'm preaching to the choir on here! They have been many and on almost every team and especially the revenue generating teams. You all know the incredible facility changes which has us at the top of the heap in all of FCS. And there is more to come.

Not sure that this thread is the right place for posting this but it is called "Taking the next step" and to do that you need to know the path travelled and remember the growing pains.

My end point is that every day is a great day to be a Jackrabbit. Even in the dark days of transition. For me, I never would have dreamt all the great things that have happened to SDSU, SDSU Athletics, and the successes that have come along with it. These are the greatest days to be a Jackrabbit. Yes, there are bumps in the road still that we complain about and that need to be addressed whether it be tailgating policies, ticket prices, coaching issues, or any number of others. A person can select any one of them as their bitch du jour and make some noise. Especially on a anonymous chat forum. Let's not lose sight of the forest through the trees. The world of athletics is changing and we are lucky to have leaders that have put this university at the front of those changes and we as fans get to enjoy it.

So let's keep the proper perspective. There has never been a better day to be a Jackrabbit!

SUPERBUNNY
                              MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Well said SUPERBUNNY!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X