Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2 QB system?

Originally posted by Hareofthedog View Post
    They will not redshirt TC. Coaches have to win now and will use a player for one game if necessary to win. Dream on.
    I will dream. Lujan wins the job, stays healthy, we have a good season, and TC for three more years after redshirting this year.

I'm not saying it's redshirt if bust, but if the situation allows, and Lujan truly wins the job, why not? If Lujan gets hurt after week four, then by all means out in TC for even just one game. No sense in salvaging the other seniors final season for Tc's redshirt year. But if everyone is healthy, don't play him just for the sake of playing him.

I just don't want to see TC burn a year of eligibility playing a token series here and there and mop up time if lujan is a healthy starter who has won the job.
    "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Since nobody has brought it up, I'll throw this wrench into the discussion:

If TC wins the job and Lujan doesn't play all year, Zach could actually redshirt (since he hasn't before) and we'd have the same scenario next year.
      If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
      - Steven Wright

Comment

Lujan will never take us to the promised land. Although he is a fine young man, the reality is that he is a very average quarterback who would make a good backup. On the other hand, TC has the physical gifts to take us deep into the playoffs. For many years I've watched and envied other teams who have highly athletic quarterbacks who killed us with their feet in 3rd and long situations. It's time to get on with the future. Given all that has been invested in the football program, the expectations of the fans has been ratcheted up to a new level. Just getting to the playoffs isn't acceptable anymore.

Comment

It will be interesting to see who is still phyiscally standing after the TCU game. We maybe will be talking about the youthful Nelson.

Comment

One thing is for sure whoever plays is going to want the oline to be doing well. Or else TC will be running for his life and Lujon will be dead meat.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowbell View Post
              Lujan will never take us to the promised land. Although he is a fine young man, the reality is that he is a very average quarterback who would make a good backup. On the other hand, TC has the physical gifts to take us deep into the playoffs. For many years I've watched and envied other teams who have highly athletic quarterbacks who killed us with their feet in 3rd and long situations. It's time to get on with the future. Given all that has been invested in the football program, the expectations of the fans has been ratcheted up to a new level. Just getting to the playoffs isn't acceptable anymore.
              This is pretty much how I feel. Our ceiling with Lujan is capped.
              Originally posted by JackFan96
              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                This is pretty much how I feel. Our ceiling with Lujan is capped.
                Lujan came in handy down in Vermillion, which is not say he is more talented than TC. He is not, but when USD seemed to have figured TC out, we threw Lujan out there and he made a big difference. We won the game. So this is a good situation to be in. If both TC and Lujan can come out of the TCU game without injuries, we should expect a good season.

Comment

Just think how much more of an issue the wildcat (heavy package), could surprise people if we had a qb that could throw also. Everything goes to center, with 1 uncovered WR, and easy pass, or naked bootleg. TC could be wonderful in this role. They are such different qb's. Hope we continue to use them to bring the best out of the Jacks on offense, and baffle opponents' defenses.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowbell View Post
                    I share this opinion. But what do I know. I'd like to see TC win the starting position and have Lujan as a more then capable back-up if TC does poorly or when (no if) when he gets hurt and we need Lujan.
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

My fear with TC is that last year it really felt like the use of Wieneke really dropped off and we lost a lot of the deep threat. I haven't looked up the stats but that's just the feeling I got when he was in. I definitely don't want our best weapon diminished. I could be way wrong on that as well.

But on the other hand I think he gives us a much better chance against UNI and NDSU because of how nasty of a pass rush those teams have. So I'm fairly torn. Honestly I guess I feel Lujan is better than TC for opponents not named Panthers or Bison. So I almost am starting to feel I wouldn't be upset if we chose a starter based off of who we are facing and gives us the best match up, as terrible of a logic as it is.
                      Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Wasn't the starter supposed to be named today? Or was that next Wednesday?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
                        "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked4Days View Post
                          Wasn't the starter supposed to be named today? Or was that next Wednesday?

Found the answer to my own question. Next Wednesday

"Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

I too worry about passing numbers with TC. Has he improved from last year and can read defenses, find receivers, look for 2nd and 3rd options before getting happy feet and running. A running Qb only will not win a championship. TC may never get the Jacks to he promise land either but is by far the better running Qb. We need to get the pass to the receivers better this year with TC and all will be fine

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                              My fear with TC is that last year it really felt like the use of Wieneke really dropped off and we lost a lot of the deep threat. I haven't looked up the stats but that's just the feeling I got when he was in. I definitely don't want our best weapon diminished. I could be way wrong on that as well.

But on the other hand I think he gives us a much better chance against UNI and NDSU because of how nasty of a pass rush those teams have. So I'm fairly torn. Honestly I guess I feel Lujan is better than TC for opponents not named Panthers or Bison. So I almost am starting to feel I wouldn't be upset if we chose a starter based off of who we are facing and gives us the best match up, as terrible of a logic as it is.
                              I think part of the reason that Wieneke's production seemed to drop, especially on deep balls, was because he had some nagging leg problems that affected his speed.

Comment

Did I count 6 QB's on the roster, though am sure some may wind up at other positions. Recruiting for more QB's. I understand that you sign the best players that are available. I think this may be a hint what the coaches think about the QB situation. It's sort of like the old baseball saying, "Shake a tree and a lot of gloves will fall out, but very few bats will."

Comment

Working...
                                X