2 QB system?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2 QB system?

Quick questions, what time are the Fall practices usually, and are they open at all?

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
      Quick questions, what time are the Fall practices usually, and are they open at all?
      They are starting now, and have always been open as far as I know.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
        As long as we win, I don't care if we rotate the seven dwarfs through at quarterback.
        Here here! Just win baby.

edit: as for the flash, worst executed/easy to diagnose play I've ever seen us run last year against UNI when we should have kicked to take it to OT. At home. Kick. Win in OT with your crowd. Christ almighty I'm pissed again thinking about it.

So so happy to talk football anyway, even if I'm just bitching.
        "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
        "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
          There were multiple times last year where the play worked schematically, but the ball carrier didn't read the blocks correctly. When it comes to Zenner, it's easy to think of his power and speed, but he really was at an elite level when it came to reading blocks. You can't just plug-in-play Zach's old role. He was just too special of a talent.
          Youngstown safety and another misread at home on the goal line comes to mind for me. I thought Mangarelli played himself out of the starting role with a few of those runs.

Another poster mentioned above that State never passes out of it. I'd make Christian the full time back and then you can make them prepare for it. It'll be better this year with two QBs.
          Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
            Here here! Just win baby.

edit: as for the flash, worst executed/easy to diagnose play I've ever seen us run last year against UNI when we should have kicked to take it to OT. At home. Kick. Win in OT with your crowd. Christ almighty I'm pissed again thinking about it.

So so happy to talk football anyway, even if I'm just bitching.
            Like Hobo day vs Mcneese St. In 08 or whenever that was?
            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
              It was 08. My freshman year Hobo game. I don't think I've ever seen a crowd go dead so quickly.
              Originally posted by JackFan96
              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                We made the play to win that in OT. Just dropped the easy interception as I recall. I was in Lawrence at the time watching on the computer so I could be wrong.

Edit: we also did beat UNI on a miracle miss from their kicker two years before and then took them out in OT. A 3-game win streak with two in OT against them wouldn't hurt my heart. Hate their coach.
                "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                  We made the play to win that in OT. Just dropped the easy interception as I recall. I was in Lawrence at the time watching on the computer so I could be wrong.

Edit: we also did beat UNI on a miracle miss from their kicker two years before and then took them out in OT. A 3-game win streak with two in OT against them wouldn't hurt my heart. Hate their coach.
                  Vs. McNeese, Jimmy Rogers almost had that pick on the goal line. That was brutal.
                  Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Was Zim going to be at practice this week? Looking forward to hearing about camp and getting the depth chart. Not sure why i care that much but always enjoy seeing who is where and who might be a surprise or stepped up on the chart. Wonder they are going to go about the QB situation to start camp. Split it 50/50 and see who takes the lead?
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                      Was Zim going to be at practice this week? Looking forward to hearing about camp and getting the depth chart. Not sure why i care that much but always enjoy seeing who is where and who might be a surprise or stepped up on the chart. Wonder they are going to go about the QB situation to start camp. Split it 50/50 and see who takes the lead?
                      He mentioned in his chat that he would be at practice today and posting on twitter and periscope. I haven't seen anything from him yet though.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                        He mentioned in his chat that he would be at practice today and posting on twitter and periscope. I haven't seen anything from him yet though.
                        Because they haven't started yet.

The Jacks hit the field today (Thursday) at 3:15 p.m.
                        http://www.argusleader.com/story/blo...ball/88066860/

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                          Because they haven't started yet.
                          Touché

Comment

If it was me, and I am well aware it's not:
                            I'd start Christion, and have Lujan ready to go. Like the USD game.
                            Both have had injury problems, and both will play.

As for the "Flash". They've been running it since the Minnet/Duffy days. It has a time and a place. Koenig was also effective in it.

-the big difference last year, was they put DT's in there as the "upbacks". Too predictable, IMO.

It had formerly been more of a "traditional" wildcat set, with 2 RBs's, and a FB/TE.

I would use Christion, as mentioned above, with Paris and a FB as the "upbacks".

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

sigh...

http://www.argusleader.com/story/spo...race/88770370/

Can just hear it coming. "He's a senior, going to go with his leadership." "He's been loyal to the program." "He's put his time in."

The best player is the one that needs to play. I have no idea which of the two it is or will be nor do I have a dog in the hunt. With all invested into this program it just isn't acceptable to go with the senior because he's a senior. I want to hear "He earned it." "It was a spirited competition but ?????? proved he gives us the best chance to win!" "We need to have our best players on the field and he is the guy right now."

Yes, there are situations that each quarterback and their skill set are preferred. The defense also knows what those strengths are as well and will plan for them which takes away a lot of the potential effectiveness.

This team is capable of challenging for a conference and national title and putting anything less than our best foot forward at every position is a wasted opportunity. I feel that has been done in the past at times. Not acceptable any more.

SUPERBUNNY
                              MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                                sigh...
                                Exactly how I felt when I read the article. I really hope they are just using this as a smoke screen, rather than seriously considering jumping back and forth between QBs depending on how they are performing that day. Doing this hurts the confidence of the QB and hurts the team due to lack of continuity. I believe that football history has shown us that the only viable way to go about the QB spot is to tell the starter that he will stay in as long as he doesn't get injured and to tell the backup that we need him ready to go in case something happens. Look at UNI over the past few seasons, not being able to choose really hurt them, they just had a good enough team to make up for it. I would hate for the talent of this team to be wasted by the coaches not being able to pick one and stick with him. I know, nothing has been decided yet, these are just my fears for this season.

Comment

Working...
                                X