2 QB system?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2 QB system?

My thoughts...if it truly is a dead heat, you start Lujan and plan to redshirt Christion. I don't want to see Christion waste a year of eligibility playing a handful of series against TCU and Drake. Having Lujan successfully lead the team this year and still have three years of Christion in the future would be ideal.

Now, if Lujan gets hurt, the redshirt comes off. But make sure it's for a 2-3 game injury and not something where we have TC filling in for a series or two. As long as the team's success isn't significantly impacted, try to preserve that redshirt.
    "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
      My thoughts...if it truly is a dead heat, you start Lujan and plan to redshirt Christion. I don't want to see Christion waste a year of eligibility playing a handful of series against TCU and Drake. Having Lujan successfully lead the team this year and still have three years of Christion in the future would be ideal.

Now, if Lujan gets hurt, the redshirt comes off. But make sure it's for a 2-3 game injury and not something where we have TC filling in for a series or two. As long as the team's success isn't significantly impacted, try to preserve that redshirt.
      i completely agree with this assessment, I just don't think Stig and crew would ever go through with it. They'll start one and in that same game if things aren't going well they'll put the other in...book it.

Would love to see TC the only starter for 3 years...after this year and Lujan isn't an option anymore.
      SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

They will not redshirt TC. Coaches have to win now and will use a player for one game if necessary to win. Dream on.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post

I thought about this last year as being a possibility, but with the way the qb depth chart looks now, there's no way that would work, because then if Lujan has to come out for a few plays or 1 or 2 games and you don't want to burn TC's redshirt, then you burn Nelson's redshirt (assuming they'll try to redshirt Nelson if possible).

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
            Would love to see TC the only starter for 3 years...
            Completely agree, I just hope the coaches have the kahones to make that call. Nothing wrong with having a very capable veteran waiting on the sideline in case TC goes down.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
              Completely agree, I just hope the coaches have the kahones to make that call. Nothing wrong with having a very capable veteran waiting on the sideline in case TC goes down.
              Thanks for the reps, but I'm talking about redshirting TC this year while we have Lujan. Now if Lujan goes down with a SERIOUS injury then he's back in.
              SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Thanks for the reps, but I'm talking about redshirting TC this year while we have Lujan. Now if Lujan goes down with a SERIOUS injury then he's back in.
                In theory that's good, but with the only other option being Nelson, it's not possible.

Comment

If they are really, honestly, 100% equal, who do you pick?

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
                    If they are really, honestly, 100% equal, who do you pick?
                    TC for multiple reasons.
                    1. His ceiling is higher, he has the running game and he has the tools and potential to develop into a very good passer.
                    2. The potential for a 3 year starter is too good to pass up, imo.
                    3. If the coaching staff goes full hearted toward TC, they can tailor the offense to fit his style, which could be very hard to stop. (I've seen enough of the same offense over and over again, and so has the rest of the conference, especially NDSU, who clearly has our number)
                    4. I truly think that no matter who they choose as the starter, it would result in the same possible outcome in terms of a win/loss record for this year. So with that in mind, why not give TC the reigns and see how far he can take us?

Comment

If they redshirted TC, wouldn't we have to worry about tweets from Preston Evans and his dad? That's a lot of pressure.......
                      (P.s. if that's smack....totally worth it)
                      With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Video from interview with Stig today

http://youtu.be/ziDKvUZc6-0
                        Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                          If they redshirted TC, wouldn't we have to worry about tweets from Preston Evans and his dad? That's a lot of pressure.......
                          (P.s. if that's smack....totally worth it)
                          No clue what this is about...go on...
                          Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

TC for multiple reasons.
                            1. His ceiling is higher, he has the running game and he has the tools and potential to develop into a very good passer.
                            2. The potential for a 3 year starter is too good to pass up, imo.
                            3. If the coaching staff goes full hearted toward TC, they can tailor the offense to fit his style, which could be very hard to stop. (I've seen enough of the same offense over and over again, and so has the rest of the conference, especially NDSU, who clearly has our number)
                            4. I truly think that no matter who they choose as the starter, it would result in the same possible outcome in terms of a win/loss record for this year. So with that in mind, why not give TC the reigns and see how far he can take us?
                            Good points, but I go with the senior. If they are really 100% equal, I think you have to let the senior start, mostly from a future QB recruiting standpoint.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
                              Good points, but I go with the senior. If they are really 100% equal, I think you have to let the senior start, mostly from a future QB recruiting standpoint.
                              I know what you're getting after but look at it this way. By doing that, you would also be showing recruits that you're too worried about seniority to play the better long term option, just because he's a senior (whether that's the case or not, some will see it that way). Some recruits might see that as a worse thing than giving preference to seniors.

Comment

I know what you're getting after but look at it this way. By doing that, you would also be showing recruits that you're too worried about seniority to play the better long term option, just because he's a senior (whether that's the case or not, some will see it that way). Some recruits might see that as a worse thing than giving preference to seniors.
                                Here's how I would look at it. What helps us win NOW. You can't be looking three years from now possibly sacrificing wins this season (not saying starting TC would do that, but more of a general thing) for more experience three years down the road. How do you know what the team will look like then? Could be you're looking back at this years team wishing you would have maximized its potential. One win can be all the difference in a season. We saw it last year. Now the what helps us win now argument is complex in itself. Let's say both are equal. There's four sides to arguments that you have to consider. The one argument is having a QB with three years as a starter down the road vs using the veteran you have now who should be calmer in big games cause he's been in more of them. The next two are what type of offense do you think helps you win more? When the two in question have such different skill sets, like Tom Brady to Cam Newton different, which one is best? Is it the pure passer to maximize our receiving threats? Is it the runner who can creat first downs and huge plays with his feet? Ugh. My head hurts thinking about it.
                                Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Working...
                                X