Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Robert Morris

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    Anyone hear any more about Cole Langer's right hand? He was used sparingly in the second half -- looks like a cast covering his hand and several inches of his wrist. An early post in this thread said 'hand and finger injury'. Looks like the hand is probably in closed-fist position.
    He did get back into the game for a play or two. My gut feeling is, if that were the NDSU game, he would have played the whole time after getting the cast on. I think they felt they didn't necessarily need him in this one and rested him, which I think is a good move. The fact that I saw him in the game late gives me confidence that the injury wasn't too bad.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
      He did get back into the game for a play or two. My gut feeling is, if that were the NDSU game, he would have played the whole time after getting the cast on. I think they felt they didn't necessarily need him in this one and rested him, which I think is a good move. The fact that I saw him in the game late gives me confidence that the injury wasn't too bad.
      After I typed this, I noticed a tweet from @scooponsports saying "Per source, Jacks Cole Langer has a broken hand. Jacks lead 7-0 14:50 left in 2nd Q"

That would be unfortunate if true. But apparently he is still able to play with a broken hand.

Comment

I played defensive tackle in h.s. with a broken "hand " had a cast that they padded, was a highly effective weapon.

Comment

Anyone else like the speed of Sophomore linebacker JT Hassel? His sprint across the field to tackle a Colonial who looked certain to score was impressive.

Comment

He didn't look like he was at full speed on the one at the end of the game he almost was high stepping it.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
              Anyone else like the speed of Sophomore linebacker JT Hassel? His sprint across the field to tackle a Colonial who looked certain to score was impressive.
              I do recall the play but was happy that he was able to stopped him. No doubt that JT has speed, that only a track guy would recognize. We will need that this coming Saturday. Robert Morris is a well coached team and they will win some games this year.

Comment

Zim writes really well, this is a good game story. http://www.argusleader.com/story/spo...rris/72915760/

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                  I played defensive tackle in h.s. with a broken "hand " had a cast that they padded, was a highly effective weapon.
                  For some reason this made me laugh out loud and at length. Thank you for this. Star to you, sir.

Comment

Ironically, Langer injured his hand playing offense, not defense. What a bummer.
                    This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                      Ironically, Langer injured his hand playing offense, not defense. What a bummer.
                      Probably due to the shotgun formation.

(Joking Rowdy )
                      Originally posted by JackFan96
                      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

I sure hope Dallas Brown recovers and can play against the Bison. The Jacks need his speed.
                        This space for lease.

Comment

I sure hope Dallas Brown recovers and can play against the Bison. The Jacks need his speed.
                          What's the injury?

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                            Zim writes really well, this is a good game story. http://www.argusleader.com/story/spo...rris/72915760/
                            Now that is a deserved compliment for Zim. I enjoy his coverage. I understand the weekly chat on 9/22/15 got out of hand. One participant made many nasty comments about the SDSU admin about you guessed COA. Apparently the AL took it down. At least I can't find it, but a friend had seen it and was shocked I think Zimm needs stop this before it get out of hand. If we want TV comp, this would not have happened. So I hope Zim finds a way to control this kind of anger behavior. There must be some controls in the chat program.

Comment

A 24-point win in a game that was never in doubt. That's a good win, even if it didn't meet the unrealistically high blowout expectations of some fans. RMU is not non-scholly, like Drake or Butler or Valpo. It's a decent team. The Jacks turned the ball over twice and left a couple of TD's on the table, but there was never a sense that the Jacks were in serious trouble.
                              This space for lease.

Comment

A 24-point win in a game that was never in doubt. That's a good win, even if it didn't meet the unrealistically high blowout expectations of some fans. RMU is not non-scholly, like Drake or Butler or Valpo. It's a decent team. The Jacks turned the ball over twice and left a couple of TD's on the table, but there was never a sense that the Jacks were in serious trouble.
                                Perfect summary! Two minor thoughts...everybody thought the super tight Youngstown game for RMU had to be because of the weather (which BTW both teams were affected), and washed off the 3-point loss to an FCS team in Dayton. Hence, came a game (no better description than a trap game...against a better opponent, playing on their own field, one week before their Fight of the Century game) where "sloppy play" in penalties and turnovers meant a 24-point win rather than a 31-point win (Wieneke's called-back TD) or more. I firmly believe we will be better next week again...and hope it will be "better enough". GBGBBJ

Comment

Working...
                                X