SUU GDT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SUU GDT

The east side has everything the west side plus more. Burgers, chicken tenders are new. It has 3 stands the size of the one on the west side.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
      You don't even want to know how long my dad waited in line for a nicks burger!
      there was a guy who came up the stairs in section B or C area with a bag held high and exclaimed, I got em, just took awhile. it was after the 4th qtr started.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
        there was a guy who came up the stairs in section B or C area with a bag held high and exclaimed, I got em, just took awhile. it was after the 4th qtr started.
        I suppose this "I got em" added some interest to what was happening on the field in the 4TH quarter. I think at that point the game was over and SUU coach Ed Lamb was feeling a little big slaughtered.

Comment

The Nick's burger stand has always been that way. Great stuff, and I love Nick's but won't order at the stadium ever since my son ordered years ago 20 minutes before Kickoff and we missed the first 5 minutes of the game waiting for them.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
          The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Originally posted by JackrabbitGuy View Post
            The Nick's burger stand has always been that way. Great stuff, and I love Nick's but won't order at the stadium ever since my son ordered years ago 20 minutes before Kickoff and we missed the first 5 minutes of the game waiting for them.

Dad and I got them probably the ill state game a few ago when it was crazy cold out. since there was like couple thousand people total in the stadium we went for it and was pretty quick. sad part was they were cold by the time we got to our seats which isnt surprising how cold that game was.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Did anyone else feel maybe we could have taken the foot off the accelerator sooner? I was little surprised we were throwing to Weineke in the end zone with about 12 minutes left and then of course the last touchdown went the distance to the tight-end with Douglas in. Fine line between allowing players to make plays and running up the score. Not sure how Lamb or Stig felt about it?

Comment

No. You can't blame a backup QB for throwing to a wide open tight end, who rumbles for a TD. The Jacks had backups playing for the last 12 minutes, as I recall. That's taking it easy. I don't think they have to apologize for anything, especially since SDSU and every other team in the FCS is essentially competing for a top 8 rating. You need to play well enough to get a first-round bye and a home game in the playoffs.
                This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                  Did anyone else feel maybe we could have taken the foot off the accelerator sooner? I was little surprised we were throwing to Weineke in the end zone with about 12 minutes left and then of course the last touchdown went the distance to the tight-end with Douglas in. Fine line between allowing players to make plays and running up the score. Not sure how Lamb or Stig felt about it?
                  I don't think you can restrict what the backups can run. Douglas needs to get some game experience throwing the ball if/when he is needed later in the season. I was surprised Lujan and Wieneke were still in and throwing the ball that late in the game.

Comment

Nope, in a program that is infamous for letting up on the gas, I was happy to see us stomp on someone. I want to see us demolish teams.
                    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

This! It's been a while since we stomped on someone's nuts. Especially. Big Sky team.
                      SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Plus working to get the team to play a full game. At kansas maybe didn't play as well as we could have all 4 qtrs. Otherwise unless the other team throws it in I don't think you do either. Its a balance for sure from running the game the right way or running up the score.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                          Nope, in a program that is infamous for letting up on the gas, I was happy to see us stomp on someone. I want to see us demolish teams.
                          Totally agree, they have to learn the killer instinct and the game is never won until it's over. Maybe against a much lesser foe, D2 or D3.

Comment

Back in the D2 days Stig would have felt guilty of running up the score. As others have pointed out, there are ratings and polls and home field advantage to worry about. Also we could have let them back in the game by scoring a TD or 2. This too has happened in the past.

Comment

Stig said on his radio show this evening, that he was especially pleased with the team's second-half effort. He pointed out that we didn't play well in the second half at Kansas, and that it would be easy for a team to come out after halftime, thinking they were dominating the other team, and NOT put their foot on the gas. And while he didn't mention it tonight, he said at Difference Makers a couple of weeks ago, that the criteria for FCS playoff spots, was changed this year, and any game played where you do not win by 21 points, will be thrown out (not looked at) by the committee in deciding playoffs. That has caused a change in the infamous card on go for 1 or 2, so that now, if we were leading by 19 points, we will automatically go for 2. And I believe that in our playing a team from a competitive conference (i.e., Big Sky), that our win over SUU surely wouldn't hurt us when the committee is making its decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by JackrabbitGuy View Post

Yes it's always been a long wait, but Saurday was especially bad. My dad ordered before halftime was finished and didn't get his burgers until the 4th quarter...about 55 minutes...he said quite a few people just gave up and left without their food.
                                "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Working...
                                X