Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SUU GDT

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
    meanwhile, back to the game... anyone in attendance, your observations would be greatly appreciated...
    Just got home. A great night in brookings. SUU'S fast start kept the crowd quote for a time. By 2nd quarter though, students and east side fans figured out that the new stadium sections make a mice rumbling noise when thousands stomp their feet. That was kind of cool.

Stadium looks great. Nice to have multiple restroom and concession options on the east side.

The field already looks slightly brown in spots and beat up after what 1 or 2 Brookings high school games. The turf field will be necessary next year and after the weird factor passes it will be an improvement for sure.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Originally posted by JackrabbitGuy View Post

The field already looks slightly brown in spots and beat up after what 1 or 2 Brookings high school games. The turf field will be necessary next year and after the weird factor passes it will be an improvement for sure.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
      There has already been 3 BHS games at CAS this fall.
      Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

What a great day!

How stupid was S. Utah for not rolling a safety to Weinekes side? What were they thinking?!?

I hope this quiets people who question the firepower of the offense. The Jacks are pretty damn good on both sides of the ball this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
          There's no question which was the better team in the first quarter. We have a lot of work to do to avoid a damaging loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Just escaped that damaging loss
          "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
            meanwhile, back to the game... anyone in attendance, your observations would be greatly appreciated...
            Speaking of attendance, how large was the crowd?

Comment

Comment

Home now...very satisfying win. Other than the first quarter, there wasn't much SUU could do with us, offensively or defensively.

Wesley had some good catches that, as someone earlier posted, have to be confidence builders. In one play the ball was not perfectly thrown and Wesley made a grab, the ball bounced up, and he was then able to bring it in as he got hit real hard....and held on! I think it fired him up--he jumped to his feet and was pumped. Overall he had a good game and did a lot to make up for the early misses.

Comment

The kicking and punting game was about the Jacks only notable weakness against SU. Too many penalties, too. Impressive win, overall. This is a good team.
                  This space for lease.

Comment

Jacks had 579 yds. of offense vs. 268 yds. for SUU. Pretty impressive especially with the way the 1st. qtr. went. As far a Wesley, i certainly hope he built some confidence tonight.

Comment

I was at the game until about 5 min left, my eyes where on Langer all night. The kid is a beast, flat out! SUU O-line was probably weak but still, that kid has a motor. What a workhorse

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                        It was pretty close to the 14000 that was projected on the board. 13423 to be precise. Unheard of in the D2 days. Also the student turnout was excellent. They filled the end zone seating and of course room for the Pride which is smaller in numbers this year.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                          Jacks had 579 yds. of offense vs. 268 yds. for SUU. Pretty impressive especially with the way the 1st. qtr. went. As far a Wesley, i certainly hope he built some confidence tonight.
                          Wesley's history of drops might not be all his problem. The one in the Kansas game was an overthrown pass and this per the interview with Coach Stig on Calling all Sports with Mark Overdend and Mike Hendricksen. I think we as fans concentrate on the WR and forget about the QB throwing the ball. The coaches have to grade both on each and every play. I think he is confident. Its a matter of getting the ball in a catchable range. Wesley does have good wheels.

Comment

Not sure how good SUU is, but if they are as good as they were advertised, we have a great team.

The thing that stood out to me on defense was team speed. Even when SUU made a play, the Jackrabbits closed the door quickly.

Offense looked great, but MVFC teams won't let Jake run wild like that.

Comment

Sumner getting hurt last year really helped Lujan develop and helped this year's team tremendously.
                              "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                                Wesley's history of drops might not be all his problem. The one in the Kansas game was an overthrown pass and this per the interview with Coach Stig on Calling all Sports with Mark Overdend and Mike Hendricksen. I think we as fans concentrate on the WR and forget about the QB throwing the ball. The coaches have to grade both on each and every play. I think he is confident. Its a matter of getting the ball in a catchable range. Wesley does have good wheels.
                                This is a good post. A lot of fans expect a WR to catch everything they get their hands on.

I listened to the radio broadcast yesterday and a couple time Tyler describe a drop by Wesley. He talked about the catch being very difficult because it wasn't a great throw. You come on here and read the thread and you'd think he dropped one standing all alone looking at the QB with the ball hitting him in the numbers.

The truth is pry somewhere in the middle. Both Wesley and Lujan can do better.

Comment

Working...
                                X